Deleted

Gathering in Warmode?

Greetings.

Does anyone have any thoughts about whether or not it's better to farm materials (herbs, in my case) in warmode or not? My thinking is that there's usually less people in WM and so perhaps there's more herbs around.

Even if it is the case that you get more herbs in WM, if I remember correctly anchor weed spawns in place of herbs and so the less people picking herbs the less anchor weed?

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I don't want to create another thread for this but I just recently read about group farming herbs. Is it just for h a higher chance at anchor weed? How does that work?

If you're Horde, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed any appreciable difference.
    /s

Does other people gathering actually effect the nodes that are available to you? I just ask because nowadays someone can mine/herb a node infront of me but it doesn't despawn which allows me to mine it also.

Quote Originally Posted by nzcorona View Post
    Does other people gathering actually effect the nodes that are available to you? I just ask because nowadays someone can mine/herb a node infront of me but it doesn't despawn which allows me to mine it also.
    The amount of people gathering in a zone, doesn't really matter any more, and this is part of the reason. Once a node spawns, and a player picks it, a count down timer starts (don't know how long, never timed it, probably a minute?), and it gives time for other players to farm the node as well, before it will eventually go away.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The amount of people gathering in a zone, doesn't really matter any more, and this is part of the reason. Once a node spawns, and a player picks it, a count down timer starts (don't know how long, never timed it, probably a minute?), and it gives time for other players to farm the node as well, before it will eventually go away.
    Ah ok. I never hung around long enough for it to despawn I guess, thanks for clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by nzcorona View Post
    Ah ok. I never hung around long enough for it to despawn I guess, thanks for clarifying
    But have you ever came upon a node that de-spawned as you picked it? Very annoying. You see it there, start gathering it, then it disappears and there is an error.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    But have you ever came upon a node that de-spawned as you picked it? Very annoying. You see it there, start gathering it, then it disappears and there is an error.
    Yes, this happens to me more frequently than I'd care for.

It'll get better as we get further away form launch day though.
    Here is something to believe in!

Deleted
    If you're horde kinda. you can get like a level every 2 hours if you have little competition picking flowers.
    plus you'll have a shit load of herbs/ore to destroy the market with.

I am playing in alliance, never disabled war mode and made 2.5mln from gathering only +/- because i got gold from other sources too.

Ppl don't care about other gatherers

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I tried both (wm on/off) on both factions and I have not really noticed any substantial differences in availability of nodes (herbs or ore).

Deleted
    Haven't noticed a significant difference.

But warmode or not, people tend to be lazy looters. My skinner alt constantly runs into situations where someone "helps" me to kill a mob, but then runs away and doesn't loot it. No leather from those kills.

i'd say the real difference is, are you getting ganked while gathering? if so, turn it off and farm away, cause even if there is a slight difference, the time you lose by getting killed is probably worse
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdfywea View Post
    i'd say the real difference is, are you getting ganked while gathering? if so, turn it off and farm away, cause even if there is a slight difference, the time you lose by getting killed is probably worse
    It's subjective of course, but when I make circuits picking herbs the nodes appear to have respawned when I'm full circle on the more quiet warmode, whereas they haven't (more likely somone else picked them already) on non warmode.

There is hardly any problem with ganking on your own continent in my experience.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem being in WM, but I am horde.
    Sure sometimes i get killed but being a druid helps also

Yeah some people are dumb enough to attack a rogue who is just farming peacefully herbs on his skygolem, if they do i just vanish or blind/restealth and come back for more and a vicious circle of love and hate just starts.

But usually i turn warmode off, if alliance. Just not worth it to be slowed down by so many hordes in warmode, since you want sometimes do a WQ on the way, but horde is sitting on a WQ mob 24/7.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    Greetings.

Does anyone have any thoughts about whether or not it's better to farm materials (herbs, in my case) in warmode or not? My thinking is that there's usually less people in WM and so perhaps there's more herbs around.

Even if it is the case that you get more herbs in WM, if I remember correctly anchor weed spawns in place of herbs and so the less people picking herbs the less anchor weed?

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I don't want to create another thread for this but I just recently read about group farming herbs. Is it just for h a higher chance at anchor weed? How does that work?
    Its rather the other way around, more people are playing horde, and are in warmode, so if you switch warmode off your farming expierence will slightly be improved. Do you really want to get stunned or blinded before an anchor weed in front of your face despawns?

Might be even out as far as spawn timings are concerned, blizzard is good in using such techs, the benefit of WM off is more for practical reasions you never know if there is are a group of assassins via raid to farm blindly any people they meet on their way, those groups can spawn anytime into your shard, just appearing in front of your face without warning.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2018-10-31 at 05:49 AM.

Deleted
    It's not exactly about being Horde or Ally. You're losing time when being engaged in a fight and it doesn't matter you'll lose or win. If you farm it's all about efficiency, so you don't want to be disrupted every few minutes unless you want to have some PvP fun in a meantime.