Thread: Invasive ads

Invasive ads

Anybody else getting ads redirecting them from mmo champion via mobile? This is getting a bit out of hand...

Yeah, started getting them the middle of this past week and they are not infrequent. May have to stick to wowhead for my news if this keeps up

Just use ad block plus.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adblock is your best friend when websites just aren't satisfied with giving you normal, noninvasive ads.

Invasive adds are a good way to push people into buying the premium bullshit they have plastered all over the website

adblock plus--> pooofff adds are gone---> life is great
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    Adblock is your best friend when websites just aren't satisfied with giving you normal, noninvasive ads.
    Fully agree, I don't adblock trustworthy sites, but on sites where the web admin can't be trusted to curate good ads I will happily adblock, even if I have to F12/delete code that stops me from doing so (and yes I know how google adsense works, you still have some control, don't pretend you don't)
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Yup, it's extremely awful on mobile and been happening for a week now. I don't really want to use a separate browser just for mmoc, so this is unfortunately quickly turning me off the site entirely. Redirecting audio-playing ads are a good way to get me to avoid something permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by filiral View Post
    Yeah, started getting them the middle of this past week and they are not infrequent. May have to stick to wowhead for my news if this keeps up
    Never thought I'd see someone post that considering Wowhead's horrible rep with ads and attitude towards folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    Just use ad block plus.
    One of the better blockers, especially if you're not rooted. Only downside is it noticeably drains your battery faster because it needs to run all the time.

I don't think you know how things work over at wowhead...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Since wednesday I've gotten about 50 of them on mobile.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Since wednesday I've gotten about 50 of them on mobile.
    I get one around 75% of the time. It is a real shame because I enjoy visiting this site and all these absolute garbage "spin the wheel" ad that takes over your browser page makes me not want to come here.

And no, I will not use an ad blocker. If a website cannot control its ads then they will not receive any traffic from me.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    I get one around 75% of the time. It is a real shame because I enjoy visiting this site and all these absolute garbage "spin the wheel" ad that takes over your browser page makes me not want to come here.

And no, I will not use an ad blocker. If a website cannot control its ads then they will not receive any traffic from me.
    I'm fairly certain it's a purposeful attempt from the site to force people into the premium service.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I'm fairly certain it's a purposeful attempt from the site to force people into the premium service.
    We absolutely don't want these type of ads running on the site. We've been consistently raising the cutoff someone has to spend on an ad to show up (at a cost to the site) to try and get rid of the companies that are buying cheap ads to do this type of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use this thread guys: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...orting-bad-ads so we can get rid of them quickly. That is the one chaud checks regularly to report.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |