Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You forget something. As raid leader YOU get to scrap unwanted items: besides in about 3 weeks you will have hundreds of expulsom with nothing to use it on.

Our guild will make every non alchemist send 2 flasks per raid to our chief alchemist, alchemists only send 1. This nets us about ~40 flasks per raid, 24 will be used for cauldrons, rest will be sold by the crafter to compensate him for expulsom and hydrocores. I'd say 15-16 flasks for 10 expulson and 2 hydrocores is a sort of good trade.

You can ask for herbs and get 5 expolsum at day with alchemy . transmog herbs to expolsum

Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    Transmutation: Expulsom gives you 35 Expulsom a week for fairly cheap compared to the traditional way of getting expulsom. So I'm not sure this is actually a problem.
    3 Anchor weeds @ 700g each per day sure ain't cheap =P

Quote Originally Posted by Krovicz View Post
    So why do i as a RL have to spend my Expulsoms to the cauldron while everyone else is making money with it?
    As a RL myself, i like you have Alc maxed and craft cauldrons for raids. But you wont be the the only alchemist in the guild. If the guild provides cauldrons for flasks in raids, dish out some of the herbs in the guild bank to other Alchemists to make cauldrons during the raid.

You dont have to have them already pre made ready to go as long as you have the mats available then you can craft them anytime, and also crafting them on a raid by raid basis will be cheaper as Anchor Weed is only going to get cheaper as time goes by.

Also you can transmute every day to get Expulsoms and so can other raiders with the Alchemy profession. There shouldn't be any excuse to be doing it on your own. If it is the case and raiders wont help simply remove the privilege of guild flasks and make the raiders bring there own, they will soon get on board with the guild effort when it starts costing them a fortune.

And then there is the chance of procs too so this shouldn't be a issue at all, better leadership and management is needed to get all players on board with the guild effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Unless you have a like a 30 man raid, make people bring their own flasks.

If you DO have a 30 person raid, maybe ask 3 of them to contribute to raid flasks.

Also as someone has said, you can transmute expulsom to the tune of x5 a day, that's 1 cauldron right there.
    You can take a flask, chug it, and take another. So all the way down to 15 player raid you get the full 30 flasks out of the cauldron.

I don't think Expulsom is the problem, it's the fucking Hydrocore. (*whisper* hail hydrocore)

Deleted
    How is the hydrocore an issue? Unless you are crafting 10 cauldrons per week you will never run out of them. Sure, doing m0 just to get those is annoying and time consuming, but meh, you can drag a guild twink or two along the way to give them a heads start at the same time. Perhaps it will drop from m+ as well so there will never be an issue with those.

Expulsom on the other hand is much rarer. Only 100% scraps from trinkets so you are "forced" to do the trinket WQ at least just so you get that. In my guild i assigned 2 other alchemists who will jump in when i run out of it. They both do not need them for anything else as they told me so i asked them to do that instead of me. Case closed.

Deleted
    Annoying yes, however there's a 12.5-18% expulsom rate on scrapping BOE crafted bracers, so large quantities simply have a gold value on the expulsom.

Easy. We made a list. Everyone in the raid contributes 2 flasks of a certain kind each week, split evenly among the 4 kinds.
    Two alchemists are designated to craft the cauldrons. If they need mats to transmute expulsum, they can take gold off the guild bank.

We did the same with feasts. Everyone donates one Midnight Salmon and 35 of a certain reagent each week and I craft the feasts for the raid.
    Works like a charm each expansion.

By your calculations the 30 expulsom should cover your basic needs. As an alchemist you can transmute 35 expulsom per week, just take the money for the transmutes from the guildbank, and have people donate flasks. Problem solved

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how it is locked behind items that are impossible to "farm" like Hydrocores.

For the Expulsoms, just buy scrappable items from the ah and charge it to your guild bank. Problem solved.

Sucks to be you with raiders that don't want to help. I'm bringing 5 cauldrons myself to uldir the first week and i'm not even an officer or a raid leader. The fact that you're getting 30 flasks for the price of 12 make up for it,
    Last edited by Lawlhero; 2018-09-03 at 02:10 PM.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Deleted
    the main problem is the RNG aqusition of Expulsom. In legion you could atleast get a shoulder enchant to help with bloods of sargeras so it wasnt a huge issue, and you had a chance to get them while mining herbing etc. even worldquests iirc had them as rewards.

But this Expulsom bullshit is on a whole new level of stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expulsoms are very cheap, something like 100g, why whine about so minor things? Just buy them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Expulsoms are very cheap, something like 100g, why whine about so minor things? Just buy them.
    Expulsom is soulbound.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

why cant you just tell everyone to bring their own flasks?

that's what we do and it works fine

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them that you don't have expulsom and you can't make flasks.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    why cant you just tell everyone to bring their own flasks?

that's what we do and it works fine
    Well OP received all the tips people could give him, and then he said that they are "not helping".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Krovicz View Post
    you are actually not helpful in any way. wow.
    To be fair, what are you expeting here? Someone to go "Oh, good point, I'll go hack the game and change the requirements"?

The best thing you can do is not make them. If no one's making them, I'd like to think Bliz would notice and make a change.