Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

what if.. the horde simply splits into 2 factions

I think at this point it might be a logical step if the horde would split.
    In the beginning it consisted of Orcs, Tauren and Darkspeer Trolls - sharing the concept of a union based on honor and the fight against the threats of Kalimdor.
    When the forsaken joined, it was already an alien concept and mainly happened due to them beeing rejected by the alliance and to weak to stand alone. They never really shared the core values of the original horde and broke the concept of honor in multiple occasions. Bloodelves joining in wasn't really fitting either.. they couldnt care less about honor and instead strive for power, by methods of questionable moral if needed.

I think at this point with so many races joining in over the years there is no clear core unity atleast for the horde faction anymore. At some point a federation might just be to big and to disparate to go on. And atleast the horde seems to be at this point. Also it would provide a reasonable continuation for Windrunners storyline without the bland "she will be just another Garrosh" thing. It would also completly flip a core design of the game and allow for very new and interesting constellations. Player groups and guilds beeing ripped apart in the process might be a bit harsh.. but then again.. this is what would happen in a "civil war" after all.

So i think it would be logical for the Horde to split into to factions:
    The Horde (Orcs, Tauren)
    New Faction (Undead, Bloodelves)

.. with various splits for the rest of the races (Darkspeer / Zandalarian Trolls for either Faction) or restrictions (Pandaren only available to Horde).
    Last edited by mmoce9e741373c; 2018-09-02 at 07:34 PM.

Deleted
    Will never happen despite how "logical" it may sound in your head. They will not split the playerbase further.

Why would the blood elves join the forsaken? It doesn't make sense.

having your alts suddenly divided into separate factions wouldn't go over well

10+ Year Old Account
    What if no. Forsaken stay in charge forever and everyone gets on board with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never going to happen. Horde already has fewer players, and a majority of Horde players are blood elves. So you'd get hugely skewed faction imbalances.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Well, the blood elves joined the Horde via the Forsaken in the first place. They have a lot in common, essentially being exiles of the Alliance whose kingdoms fell to the Scourge in the Third War. And Sylvanas is the former Ranger General of Silvermoon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    its true that bloodelfs hate the undead for obvious reasons. Then again the joined the horde dispite the forsaken beein part of it. Seems like they can live with Sylvannas Windrunner als a former bloodelf beeing the leader. Plus they have/had a portal directly to the Undercity as their only city exit beyond the plaguelands, so assuming they arent willing to deal with the forsaken would be illogical at this point.

It took them decades to change the code of the backpack. Faction system sounds a bit more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    At end of BfA, remove the faction divide. Create two groups, one on each side, that remains dedicated to the war and have them fight each other; people who want War Mode on have their allegiance with these people. Everyone else gets to group together and if they go through some rep grinding can even quest in the opposing faction's side. Solves the different population issues, the insipid faction war concept that just eats story space and we can all go on with our lives.
    This would be fantastic and open up the next expansion for much more interesting stories and factions.

What if Horde simply wins, we kill every Alliance and raise them as Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Katamere View Post
    I think at this point it might be a logical step if the horde would split.
    In the beginning it consisted of Orcs, Tauren and Darkspeer Trolls - sharing the concept of a union based on honor and the fight against the threats of Kalimdor.
    When the forsaken joined, it was already an alien concept and mainly happened due to them beeing rejected by the alliance and to weak to stand alone. They never really shared the core values of the original horde and broke the concept of honor in multiple occasions. Bloodelves joining in wasn't really fitting either.. they couldnt care less about honor and instead strive for power, by methods of questionable moral if needed.

I think at this point with so many races joining in over the years there is no clear core unity atleast for the horde faction anymore. At some point a federation might just be to big and to disparate to go on. And atleast the horde seems to be at this point. Also it would provide a reasonable continuation for Windrunners storyline without the bland "she will be just another Garrosh" thing. It would also completly flip a core design of the game and allow for very new and interesting constellations. Player groups and guilds beeing ripped apart in the process might be a bit harsh.. but then again.. this is what would happen in a "civil war" after all.

So i think it would be logical for the Horde to split into to factions:
    The Horde (Orcs, Tauren)
    New Faction (Undead, Bloodelves)

.. with various splits for the rest of the races (Darkspeer / Zandalarian Trolls for either Faction) or restrictions (Pandaren only available to Horde).
    Would make more sense to just let Horde do the Pandaren thing and choose their faction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    What if no. Forsaken stay in charge forever and everyone gets on board with it.
    Not going to happen. Warcraft isn't Humans vs Former Humans at the core. It's Orcs vs Humans. So it won't work in the long run.

Sylvanas needs to go. The question is simply how long can she stay before she needs to move. Perhaps longer than some think, but eventually she needs to go.

Yes get rid of the elves.

"simply"

lol
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    No, I am in the horde. I don't intend to move away from it because I main undead.

The only thing they may ever change with the factions is getting rid of them completely and they won't do that because the two factions are the core of Warcraft. Even the most daring of developers wouldn't destroy their bottom line by forcefully splitting players up and breaking up guilds.

They may add some story about some groups breaking from the horde to create a third non playable faction but they'd never remove races from Horde as that would also mean forcing peoples characters out of the horde and that would not go down well at all. Not to mention with the Allied races, if they were going to do a third faction, they would have been the perfect way to do it.

But yeah, would cost Blizzard too much to even consider doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Katamere View Post
    its true that bloodelfs hate the undead for obvious reasons. Then again the joined the horde dispite the forsaken beein part of it. Seems like they can live with Sylvannas Windrunner als a former bloodelf beeing the leader. Plus they have/had a portal directly to the Undercity as their only city exit beyond the plaguelands, so assuming they arent willing to deal with the forsaken would be illogical at this point.
    Why would the Blood Elves stand with a person whose action left them standing alone in the Eastern Kingdom ... essentially, Blood Elves are the only bastion of the Horde in Eastern Kingdom truly ... yes you have some holdouts, but there isn't much there.

Lor'themar Theron's stance is he will do anything to insure the Blood Elves survive. His loyalty isn't the the Horde, isn't to Sylvanas, but to his people.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I would say the odds are higher the 2 factions will merge into one and the odds of that are astronomical.

quite honestly I think if that happened thered be a massive loss, I do see a potenital schism but more likley that Sylvanas joins the Scourge and embraces her destiny as the Lich Queen which is very likley at the rate she is going.

I doubt all Forsaken would join her, infact I think only a fraction will, with the likes of Voss possibly staying after realizing the betrayal and possibly Lyndon who needs more love.

AS much as Calia would be interesting, I am not sold that she will ever be a Horde char.