Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    because they added more sets in places outside of raids like they said they were going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Blizzard is the one deciding what the lore actually is. Granted if they started putting unicorns on the titan gear ya I'd certainly question it...but these gear sets aren't out of the ordinary.

I guess it would help if you pointed out what specific lore piece disagrees with the look of the sets? I'm not versed hugely in the lore so I am unfamiliar.
    The Armored Spirits in Nazmir are using Titan Armor there's even a quest where the drops are called "Titan Armor". There's also what the actual Titans wear, there's the other minions of the Titans like Mogu and the people in Uldum, none of them where gear even remotely close to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

They could have at least given us different sets for horde/alliance, 8 sets is still cool and less than 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    what's the big deal anyway?

most raid sets usually look like crap.
    too big, too busy, too flashy.

and usually themed after only one race/class combo.

i like most of the BFA sets.
    though they clearly dont fit all races.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They could have at least given us different sets for horde/alliance, 8 sets is still cool and less than 12.
    Warfront

So people already forgot Emerald Nightmare oh ok.... so i suspect you also forget that Warfront also has its own Sets with 3 variations of colors and 3 tiers. Plus we have diferent sets for dungeons and questing, instead of having the same things over and over.

and besides how dare them in the 3 week expansion not giving me already 12 transmogs for my pally pif pif.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone transmogs over them anyway so it's not worth the effort? And set bonuses are a pain in the ass to make compelling and keep balanced.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Isnt this the same every expansion since MoP, 1st tier raid dont really have "class" sets? MSV > Highmaul > EN, you dont see a pattern here?

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Nothing to do with that. Tier sets are gone.
    Yes its gone obviously because of azerite gear. But they have not officially announced that they arent making anymore class specific gear.

Let's see. 12 x 4 = 48 sets to design vs 4 x 4 = 16 sets to design.

Do you need another reason? The more classes they add, the more races they add, the longer it take to make those.

At this point they were right that we already have more than enough class sets in the game.. I'd rather see the class sets done via mage challenge now than in raids.

Plus anyways, pretty much nobody wear their tier sets and have their gear xmogged, so...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    They're making four armor appearances instead of twelve. You literally can't argue it's NOT less effort.
    Except they are making many more sets elsewhere, 3 more sets per armor class in pvp so that is allready 12 sets alone there.
    and that does not include the other sets like howe we have
    2 leveling sets per armor type (so 4 extra)
    2 dungeon sets per armor type (4 extra)
    THEN the 4 raid types meaning an extra 12 over past expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

Do you need another reason? The more classes they add, the more races they add, the longer it take to make those.

At this point they were right that we already have more than enough class sets in the game.. I'd rather see the class sets done via mage challenge now than in raids.

Plus anyways, pretty much nobody wear their tier sets and have their gear xmogged, so...
    I dont quite get your math, what is 12x4? what is that?

what is this 4x4 and 12x4 what even are those? what are you talking about?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-09-03 at 04:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

There's situations where class sets work best.

There's situations where they don't.

The biggest example of where they don't was Tomb of Sargeras where Blizz didn't even try. They just made HD versions of the BT sets.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I feel that the variety problem would at least have been mitigated if all armor classes got two sets, differently themed. One would be the armors we got with the Titan theme, the other would be more G'huun/Old God themed. That way the sets are still tied to the raid like Blizzard wants, but classes like DKs, Warlocks and (shadow) Priests are more likely to get a set that is at least somewhat thematic for their class. And also Uldir is really about G'huun a lot more than it is about Titans so even the theme we got doesn't really work if you ask me.

Similarly, for the Azshara raid you could have a Naga/deep sea themed set, and then an Arcane/Night Elf themed one to reflect the main lady's present and past life, or something like that.

Deleted
    And theres people still defending those ugly and lazy tiers, LOL

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Nothing to do with that. Tier sets are gone.

Their reasoning has been

To me all of this sounded like ”we want to cut costs with art production” but perhaps that’s a bit too cynical
    no its because with azerite gear it wouldnt work.

also speaking that you would rather have something 40 ilvl lower cause if not it would break your teir set, that was so fucking trash.

speaking that some pieces of gear in shoulder slots where just FACTUALLY better then others no matter the stats, was abit dumb.

"here is a shoulder... and here is a shoulder that has a special enchant!"

its sorta like the dungeon gear we get now its cool but abit stupid at the same time, like how holy pallies so badly wanted a super good procced mythic plus cape of "extra healing crit"

cause it was literally just a great cloak... WITH extra healing ontop, making it factuall better then anything else in the slot.

if you can have two 360 pieces... well really its your choice... but if one just right out has "deal 10% more magic damage" well shit boi give me that fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except they are making many more sets elsewhere
    That's how you want it?

, 3 more sets per armor class in pvp so that is allready 12 sets alone there.
    They're all recolors of each other. It's a single appearance.

2 leveling sets per armor type (so 4 extra)
    And Legion didn't have that?

2 dungeon sets per armor type (4 extra)
    And Legion didn't have that, either?

THEN the 4 raid types meaning an extra 12 over past expansions.
    Recolors aren't new models. Once the base mesh is built and textures painted, a graphic artist of the caliber Blizzard would hire can crank out a texture recolor in perhaps about 45-60 min. There are straight up less armor set models in BFA than in any previous expansion.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

They got tired of trying to balance all of the extra bonuses that came with the tier sets. Pretty much was adding 72 news spells per tier and then dealing with how they interact with one another because you could have a two piece bonus of two different tiers. That a lot of unneeded work to be done. And on the art side that are adding a third endgame content which comes with its own unique looks. So each armor proficiency has three models per tier: pve, pvm, and warfront. Plus the colors per difficulty.
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2018-09-03 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Typoes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    plus 12 from warfronts 4x3
    then also the fact emerald nightmare, highmaul, and mogushan vaults
    did not have unique armor, they had the exact armor you would get in the next raids, so really we are +4 right now for raids, as the last 3 expansions "first raids" did not have any unique armor.

The biggest design flaw they have ever made (Activision promoted) was raising the level cap, that is fundamentally everything wrong with the game, since TBC and other expansions the community expected a new game with new everything every expansion, that;s the problem they ran into by deleting Azeroth, everything new just became a gimmick after that.

They deleted Azeroth in TBC making everything prior useless.

Play Expac for 2 years everything is gone when next expansion is released.

However financially it probably worked out well.

I have first dibs on the call that they bail early on this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dhalorien View Post
    And theres people still defending those ugly and lazy tiers, LOL
    I can't defense bad game design or bad art. It is bad art but that is subjective lol.

To focus on the dumb allied races that bring money instead.