Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good to see traits are getting buffed before going live.

/s

What a waste of great art, such a shame they're not selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    FF14 sort of slipped under the radar because it failed so bad on its initial release. When they shut it down and re-did the whole game, it had a gradual uphill climb to gain any sort of popularity. People knew it was a total shit game in beta though.
    I bought the original FF14 collectors edition, Boy was the original bad..

Before they remade the game they even turned off the subscription costs while improving the original, It was some pretty good customer service
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

THAT is why you don't sign on with NCSoft. They're cancer. Your own fault ex-blizz guys, you signed your deal with the devil and now your game's gone to hell.

Also, I wish Blizz would update us on Worgen and Goblin models...

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    THAT is why you don't sign on with NCSoft. They're cancer. Your own fault ex-blizz guys, you signed your deal with the devil and now your game's gone to hell.

Also, I wish Blizz would update us on Worgen and Goblin models...
    And which publisher would you have signed with?

NCsoft were the ones funding them this past year. They gave Carbine a fair chance with F2P and they still messed it up.

People keep throwing the blame at NCsoft yet NCsoft let the game basically operate at a loss financially.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I bought the original FF14 collectors edition, Boy was the original bad..

Before they remade the game they even turned off the subscription costs while improving the original, It was some pretty good customer service
    Just a list of 1.0 shit....

No jobs initially at launch.

You could actually stop gaining XP if you gained it too quickly. Well heavily limited it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...er-eight-hours

Actually the lead devs reason for limiting it. Jesus fucking Christ.

4 dungeons. 2 levelling and 2 endgame.

Barely any endgame. Rivenroad was trash as well even on hard.

Melding having a chance to break your gear if it failed.....

Awful optimisation.

And the list goes on. 1.0 was arguably the worst MMO ever released in history.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-08 at 12:17 AM.

Interesting watch

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post

Warhammer age of reckoning
    Warhammer was murdered, it didn't die. It was doing quite well but not well enough for EA, they wanted WoW numbers, not the successful but below 1 mil numbers it had.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    If Wildstar shuts down could Blizzard buy the player housing system and set it ingame with Warcraft assets and content? Ty.
    If they do that, i'll never say a bad word about blizzard ever again!

And about that video few post before mine, the first comment and some reply are a thousand time more informative compared to the video.

Wow. In honor of it's passing, one of my favorite songs from the game:

WildStar had some badass music.

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh.. its a terrible shame. I liked the art style, the animation, the feel of the game. I made a granok engineer, and loved it. felt very fun to play.

The problem I felt was the presentation of just gameplay, I never got a grasp of where to go or what to do, it felt directionless.

So long Crag, wishing the game you were in was better

Edit: there is a lesson to take from this however, not the one about how to make an mmo work or crap like that. Its the dangers of becoming addicted to an mmo itself.

As someone said on the articles comment section, you pour years of your life into an mmorpg, in wildstars case, building not just characters but character housing, spending all that time and effort in making something fun you like to revisit.

But unlike console games of old or even older pc games like say sims or similar games with offline accessibility, mmos like wildstar, conan, final fantasy 11 and of course wow, are or were all dependant on online access by the control of the moderators and game makers.

In 20 years, I could load up a copy of the best of megaman or mario or zelda a link to the past, and relive those as much as I enjoyed them when first playing them. With MMOs, you don't have that luxury, and all the time and memories you made, you can't relive it, even if you want to.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2018-09-08 at 01:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone want to count how many wow killer jokes have been made in this thread?

Shame about it though. I wanted to enjoy Wildstar when it was new. But the raid attunements were out of this world, so I just quit it instead and haven't been back to it since then. That was like 4 years ago?

RIP Wildstar. Beautiful game, fun gameplay. Sorry to see you go.

7+ Year Old Account
    RIP Wildstar. You were so tempting to play, but you shit all over your Australian playerbase with your refusal to move the servers within a tolerable distance to us.

Also, friggin lol @ that sylvanas art, perfectly embodies the REEEEEEEE of her fanbase on these forums.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And which publisher would you have signed with?

NCsoft were the ones funding them this past year. They gave Carbine a fair chance with F2P and they still messed it up.

People keep throwing the blame at NCsoft yet NCsoft let the game basically operate at a loss financially.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a list of 1.0 shit....

No jobs initially at launch.

You could actually stop gaining XP if you gained it too quickly. Well heavily limited it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...er-eight-hours

Actually the lead devs reason for limiting it. Jesus fucking Christ.

4 dungeons. 2 levelling and 2 endgame.

Barely any endgame. Rivenroad was trash as well even on hard.

Melding having a chance to break your gear if it failed.....

Awful optimisation.

And the list goes on. 1.0 was arguably the worst MMO ever released in history.
    I feel I have to correct this. Ncsoft gave crb almost nothing for f2p. No money to upgrade the servers, no time or resources for major overhauls or changes, and they expected hundreds of thousands of players to come in immediately. Which did happen but with shit servers people couldn't even log in. It's carbines fault the game had to go free but nc didn't do them many favors.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Warhammer age of reckoning and wildstar are dead mmos that were said to dethrone wow... They failed, oddly age of conan, rift, aion and AA are surviving, but for how long?
    Age of Reckoning and Wildstar can hardly be put on the same level though. Age of Reckoning is still my all time favourite MMO. AoR was a casualty of EA pushing a game out a few months too early and with far too high of expectations. The game never claimed to be a WoW killer within their own Studio but as a place for Warhammer fans to have an MMO. The early release came with expected Bugs and whilst it had very favourable points to it, these Bugs drove much of the beginning playerbase away.

Wildstar on the other hand overplayed themselves, adding things to a game that people considered anti-QoL by the standards of MMO's at the time, they also doubled down on it for a while until realising they fucked up and tried to scramble back to a point that people actually wanted.

Basically 1 was killed by a Publisher, the other was killed by overconfidence and nostalgia.

Shame. It was a very good game, killed by it's own ambitions of being "very hardcore". In the end they just bred insane elitism, the likes of which I never seen anywhere else before, nor after. Elitists quickly scared all the regular players off with their attitudes and barely in one year game went f2p. I'm actually surprised it lasted that long. I'm gonna miss my sexy mechari and my house, that I kinda never really finished, but still had a lot of fun building it.

If they don't have funds to upgrade it further, can't they at least keep a few servers online? Virtual servers are dirt cheap in the clouds nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Dude shut up with this mentality already.

I don't mean it maliciously towards you but every time someone proclaims something to be a wow killer and it isn't then it immediately gets a bad rep behind it. Wildstar wasn't a bad game per se it was just completely mismanaged.

Pisses me off a bit to no extent because there are loads of great games outside of WoW.
    One of the devs called it a WoW killer, during production.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    One of the devs called it a WoW killer, during production.
    You know it really makes me wonder what could actually kill wow. I mean the graphics are dated, leveling is a mess, classes are gutted and the story is repetitive and predictable.

Yet it is still the most popular MMO cause of nostalgia and all the friends people have that they only know from wow. Oh and the fact that playes put enough time in wow that would have let them learn a new instrument or something. That commitment shouldn't go to waste. At this point it is not even a question of wether wow is a good game or not. Probably the only thing that can actually axe it if Blizz gets tired of messing with the old code and decides to do a wow 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Did people ever call XIV a WoW killer? Rift is still going but not in great shape...then again neither is ToR.
    thats exactly what killed Star Wars the old republic. EA wanted to release it 2 months earlier (before wow addon) and what did they get for this? Game failing... and guess what? I was NOT surprised by seeing SWtor fail because "EA" was behind it. Everything (and i mean every god damn thing) EA touches, fails. SWtor had the potential to turn into a real WoW rival (if they have taken the time and finish endgame content before releasing the game). Both, SWtor and WoW, have a good Story behind the game and SWtor could get as strong and popular as WoW. But it was EA behind it so it was meant to fail.

btw im not saying SWtor would have killed WoW (no MMO can) but it had the potentiall to be equally strong. The worst thing is, EA doesnt learn of their mega-fails so we shouldnt expect them to learn from their smaler fails (like Battlefront lootboxes).

Rift failed because... you cant make a paid game, with sub (if i remember correctly) into a free2play asiagrind like FlyFF etc.
    TESO? Looks like a ripoff
    Wildstar was fun and i played it a few months at the beginning but the motivation went missing real fast even tho the graphics style and game humor was enjoyable.
    Most MMO´s fail because of extreme greed for monies. EA is the best example by killing one of the best games since WoW. I fucking loved leveling in SWTOR but once you turned max level... there was NOTHIGN to do. not even questing. And the temperature of my GF650ti back then went up to 110°C without going max detail in Options and what did they do about it? Nothing... how can you expect someone to play your game if they risk their hardware for playing a game without content?.... what EA does is a crime and they should be locked up in prison for that.
    Last edited by Monstafish2k; 2018-09-09 at 07:40 AM.