Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yup. Two broken families on opposite side while we all know that a vote is still going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Nerd rage.

Meanwhile this man shows he loves his family and country!
    And is worried he's going to face consequences for his repeated sexual assaults.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Here come the facts.

Popcorn time!

Fuck you and your bullshit tears kravenaugh!!!! Play to the facts, not to the fucking emotions - that's the whole POINT of being a damn SC Judge.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    He just talked about how this is revenge for the Clintons. He's a partisan operative through and through.
    Did he say that out loud? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Oh jesus christ... this guy is pulling out the fucking John Boener crocodile tears tactic!? FUCK HIM! >_<
    I don't know, the emotion seems genuine despite the partisan rhetoric that preceded it.

Tears of real patriotism.

God Bless this man!

"Six separate fu...... times!"

Mask nearly slipped there!

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Republicans should be asking for it aggressively it will allow them to completely whitewash the accusation.
    It wouldn't matter if Kavanaugh was Convicted or not right now. Trump would just Pardon him.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now, he's talking about scrutiny he's received in the past, as if that's a defense of anything.

"I couldn't possibly be guilty of this, because I've gotten away with it for so long" is not a fucking defense, you bloviating assclown of a human being.

Edit: It also bears mentioning as a complete tangent that, here in Canada, we had a Colonel in the Armed Forces, commander of our largest air force base, get found out to be a serial killer. He was also happily married and his wife defended him to the press until the evidence piled upon beyond refutation. Just having a high position of authority which warranted heavy scrutiny and security check proceedings isn't a fucking defense against having committed crimes.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-09-27 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    His wife crying in the back says a lot. Those are real tears.
    I fail to see the relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You're setting the bar in an unreasonable position.

#1 This isn't a criminal case. He isn't facing punishment. The question is does he deserve a lifetime appointment with his values and ethics?

If at this point you don't believe he was a frat bro with serious drinking problems and no respect for women then you're never going to believe it.
    It's unreasonable to expect a person to provide evidence to back up serious claims? What is this, opposite land?

I don't believe anything. I also don't know anything for sure about his personal life. Because I've seen no proof.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Anyone, anyone who can read a person even a little bit, can see right through this piece of shit.

Thoroughly vetted via FBI for DC circuit judge.

Checkmate!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An FBI investigation to circumstances like this wouldn't be held to criminal court standards of evidence in the first place, since the statute of limitations on these potential crimes has already passed. Pressing charges would be off the table before the investigation even began. The investigation is to uncover the facts, to as great a degree as can be achieved.

They don't need to meet criminal court standards of evidence on this at all ("beyond a reasonable doubt"). "He more likely did it than didn't" is plenty.
    It's my understanding that criminal sexual assault has not SoL in MD or NJ.

And now, he's talking about scrutiny he's received in the past, as if that's a defense of anything.

"I couldn't possibly be guilty of this, because I've gotten away with it for so long" is not a fucking defense, you bloviating assclown of a human being.
    It's ironic, from the people who still insist Clinton is guilty and one more investigation will get her.

An FBI investigation to circumstances like this wouldn't be held to criminal court standards of evidence in the first place, since the statute of limitations on these potential crimes has already passed. Pressing charges would be off the table before the investigation even began. The investigation is to uncover the facts, to as great a degree as can be achieved.

They don't need to meet criminal court standards of evidence on this at all ("beyond a reasonable doubt"). "He more likely did it than didn't" is plenty.
    They haven't. There are no statute of limitations in maryland for most felonies. Neither rape nor attempted rape have statutes of limitation. The FBI wouldn't be the one pressing charges and we would likely not end up having enough evidence for a conviction. SC confirmation and conviction (or impeachment) should have two very different levels of proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

He was already scrutinized as part of the process and was cleared! Thanks for not listening what he is saying!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Tears of real patriotism.

God Bless this man!
    Hey man, I still got that offer for a bridge open.

The best part is you could see the cracks showing in Rachel Mitchell where she visibly believed Ford.

Mitchell is a prosecutor who worked extensively with sex crime victims and prosecuting sex crimes over her career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I don't know, the emotion seems genuine despite the partisan rhetoric that preceded it.
    He could be genuinely worried about his future. Of course...there's the why he's worried. But I guess a grown man crying -- typically considered a sign of weakness -- does have some merits.