Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Affliction Nerf incoming...

With the 20% nerf to afflictions nuke "Summon Darkglare", anyone feel this is going to gravely hurt our single target numbers? I have never been a fan of nerfs to core spec abilities, nerfing talents is more balanced to me but I already see some destro and demo locks out there, could the nerf push people over into other specs?

No what made the CD really good is the DoT extension not the damage the pet did. At best it did maybe 3% of aff damage and will do maybe 2.8%. You wont even notice the nerf.

Its a nerf to our burst, which is deserved, they are targeting the right spell.
    But Aff is still fine and still the best spec for Uldir.
    The buff for Destro and Demo was needed, but not enough to make them competitive.
    But they are all fine to play if you do casual stuff like normals and lower keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    No what made the CD really good is the DoT extension not the damage the pet did. At best it did maybe 3% of aff damage and will do maybe 2.8%. You wont even notice the nerf.
    I thought the 10% increase from each dot made the pet damage pretty big. I could be wrong though.

The nerf was around 1.1% damage in ST. It'll barely be felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulishaman View Post
    I thought the 10% increase from each dot made the pet damage pretty big. I could be wrong though.
    No it literally just nerfed the irect damage the pet did by 20% which is not why you use the pet.

An example using a top US log on the first boss:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=31

did 232k out of 3.68m. That 232k is what is nerfed by 20% which would make it 185k so he would still be in the same spot just slightly less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes such terrible terrible nerf, such grave dps loss.

Aff seriously got off easy, people who think this change does anything meaningful are clueless. Why I wonder why Blizz even bothered with this "nerf".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Its a nerf to our burst, which is deserved, they are targeting the right spell.
    They are targeting the right spell but the wrong portion of it. In my opinion a world where spec with good sustain and multidot outbursts a spec which is pretty much a 3 min wonder and non-existent outside it is fucked up.

It’s not a huge deal. I mean, they can’t hurt our single target dps too bad. It’s all we have!!!!!

The dot extension would have to be hit for it to be a meaningful nerf. And I am expecting something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes such terrible terrible nerf, such grave dps loss.

Aff seriously got off easy, people who think this change does anything meaningful are clueless. Why I wonder why Blizz even bothered with this "nerf".

- - - Updated - - -

They are targeting the right spell but the wrong portion of it. In my opinion a world where spec with good sustain and multidot outbursts a spec which is pretty much a 3 min wonder and non-existent outside it is fucked up.
    It's a small nerf because aff didnt really need a nerf. It's good at long living cleave and single target but has poor aoe and target swap burst. If it's single target was made mediocre then it would ruin the spec.

Deleted
    The inevitable demise buff/nerf (?) is actually much more interesting. If the single application really was buffed by 30%, then that will gain quite a large edge over other single traits.

The nerf was because the cryers, pretty obvious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    The nerf was because the cryers, pretty obvious.
    In that case DEVs trolled them hard. This nerf is tiny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    The inevitable demise buff/nerf (?) is actually much more interesting. If the single application really was buffed by 30%, then that will gain quite a large edge over other single traits.
    It's badass but can still be a pain to avoid it from falling off.
    WB is what I personally will try to stack.
    After I noticed the changes to Sudden Onset... I stack it x2 so far, hunting the head in Waycrest Manor
    Last edited by Bakis; 2018-09-12 at 08:58 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    The dot extension would have to be hit for it to be a meaningful nerf. And I am expecting something along those lines.
    This will appear in our -next- hotfixes update, and is already live with weekly maintenance in each region:
    Warlock - Affliction
    Deathbolt's damage now only counts up to the maximum base duration of your DoTs

Quote Originally Posted by Argalok View Post
    This will appear in our -next- hotfixes update, and is already live with weekly maintenance in each region:
    Warlock - Affliction
    How big of a hit is this? No more 135k+ deathbolt crits I guess

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what it will turn out as, DB in Simulationcrafts default spec/gear sims to just 7% of our damage.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Warlock - Affliction
    This doesn't affect Dankglare so much. It's still a very powerful cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    /cry

Feeling a bit bummed with the double nerf hammer. Will see what the result is in M+ later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    How big of a hit is this? No more 135k+ deathbolt crits I guess
    I must have been doing something wrong. Usually hitting 30-40k myself...

Yet even with the double nerf hammer bashing, afflocks are still crushing ST DPS, although both hunter ranged specs are ahead in Mythic Ohdear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Wonder what it will turn out as, DB in Simulationcrafts default spec/gear sims to just 7% of our damage.
    I think thats been active for a while now. They maybe just getting around to psoting it since they said its in game already. For a while now I've noticed my DBs are not hitting as hard as they were before Uldir hit. I was getting close to 150k DB crits for a while then one Tuesday they dropped way off from normal. Now the biggest crit I'll get at 360 with a perfectly set rotation leading up to the DB cast with darkglare up is around 70-80k.