10+ Year Old Account

shadow build for casual WQ/IE/WF

what is the go-to build for solo casual pve content?

also question about legacy of the void 100lvl talent: is it best to enter voidform asap that is at 60+ or wait till 90+ to keep it up for longer? whats basically better now in bfa: more voidforms or longer upkeep of one?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what is the go-to build for solo casual pve content?

also question about legacy of the void 100lvl talent: is it best to enter voidform asap that is at 60+ or wait till 90+ to keep it up for longer? whats basically better now in bfa: more voidforms or longer upkeep of one?
    T1: Shadow Word: Void
    T2: San'layn if you have HP issues, Body and Soul if you don't and prefer move speed
    T3: Dark Void (This will be even stronger on Tuesday due to SW:P buff)
    T4: Any for questing, Last Word for groups.
    T5: Shadow Crash
    T6: Mind Bender (Use for big damage and/or to extend Void Form)
    T7: Dark Ascension (Big AOE burst and on-demand Void Form. Void Form at 0 insanity > Void Form at 60 insanity)

EDIT: Missed a tier because I am blind.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2018-09-10 at 07:15 AM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

OnT: I'm going to assume you have War Mode on.
    WM talent 1: Void Origins (instant cast VoidEruption) It negates the long cast time, plus you're always on the move.
    WM talent 2: filler, I suggest Psychic Link. %MB dmg is shared on all targets with VT.
    WM talent 3: filler, Psyfiend is good to slow mobs + healing redux is just added benefit.

Your Q&A: Go into VF on CD. Uptime is not a thing anymore. There's only two situations where you don't use on CD. If like 1-3 mobs are about to die, and you're about to pull the next pack and 2, essentially the same thing, you know grouped up adds are about to spawn. Both of which are not in solo pve content barring some rare mob.

T1: SW:V
    T2: I prefer B&S. If I'm trying to get out of a WQing zone and get attacked by too many mobs. Fear + B&S out + rocketbelt.
    T3: I use Misery for Quality of Life
    T4: Psychic Horror. Good for when you want a mob to be locked down, then you can react accordingly.
    T5: Crash. Usually I'd pick SW. The reason I choose Crash is simple, maybe I'm WQ and want to join a Mythic group or m+, Crash is better, I don't have to keep hearthing back or wasting a tome to change talents. Essentially SW: D or Crash.
    T6: Bender. You use Bender, allow it to smack the target, Fade. Bender now has aggro. Gives you time to free cast..
    T7: DA, in solo PVE u can use on CD or stack it with using VErupt then DA. Extra burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedimindtrx View Post
    OnT: I'm going to assume you have War Mode on.
    WM talent 1: Void Origins (instant cast VoidEruption) It negates the long cast time, plus you're always on the move.
    WM talent 2: filler, I suggest Psychic Link. %MB dmg is shared on all targets with VT.
    WM talent 3: filler, Psyfiend is good to slow mobs + healing redux is just added benefit.

Your Q&A: Go into VF on CD. Uptime is not a thing anymore. There's only two situations where you don't use on CD. If like 1-3 mobs are about to die, and you're about to pull the next pack and 2, essentially the same thing, you know grouped up adds are about to spawn. Both of which are not in solo pve content barring some rare mob.

T1: SW:V
    T2: I prefer B&S. If I'm trying to get out of a WQing zone and get attacked by too many mobs. Fear + B&S out + rocketbelt.
    T3: I use Misery for Quality of Life
    T4: Psychic Horror. Good for when you want a mob to be locked down, then you can react accordingly.
    T5: Crash. Usually I'd pick SW. The reason I choose Crash is simple, maybe I'm WQ and want to join a Mythic group or m+, Crash is better, I don't have to keep hearthing back or wasting a tome to change talents. Essentially SW: D or Crash.
    T6: Bender. You use Bender, allow it to smack the target, Fade. Bender now has aggro. Gives you time to free cast..
    T7: DA, in solo PVE u can use on CD or stack it with using VErupt then DA. Extra burst.
    Personally I like to DA after the first natural Void Form ends as it allows us to max uptime on the "void bolt makes mind blast hurt more" or double dip on the void form damage bonus with the "bonus crit when void form ends" bonus. I main disc so I don't really pay attention to optimum azerite traits for shadow tbh.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Personally I like to DA after the first natural Void Form ends as it allows us to max uptime on the "void bolt makes mind blast hurt more" or double dip on the void form damage bonus with the "bonus crit when void form ends" bonus. I main disc so I don't really pay attention to optimum azerite traits for shadow tbh.
    If it is for WQ and casual content, burst is what you want. Round up mobs on mount, Dark Void/Shadow Crash/Dark Ascension and go from there. At least it is better when you have a bit of stuff, scaling notwithstanding.