Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Game is fine. Majority of people enjoying the game. Only bad thing about it is brainless mmoc members who believe every word by their favorite YouTube personalities. Burning ship story and drama always gets way more views than actual content and it is easier to make.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Who suggested that? Is he the face of the expansion though and does he take money for it? If he doesn’t agree how it rolls, he is free to either change it or change his job. He doesn’t, so he is either a soulless salesman or he’s fine with the course. In both cases - he takes money and other benefits for convincing people shit ain’t stinky so can’t be shit so must be candy.
    The guy I quoted who said he sighs off every pixel of art is the one who suggested that.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    rest are playing and enjoying the game
    Or they are unhappy with the game, but don't really express it anywhere.
    Or they have started playing far less, because they are already bored with the expansion.
    Or they have moved on to leveling alts, farming old content, because they don't like what they were given in BfA.
    Or they have just unsubscribed without saying anything on the forums.

You don't know what the so called "silent majority" feels, so just please... stop forcing your own personal opinion on them and using them as an argument. All we have are our opinions, so let's just discuss them.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2018-09-17 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Or they are unhappy with the game, but don't really express it anywhere.
    Or they have started playing far less, because they are already bored with the expansion.
    Or they have moved on to leveling alts, farming old content, because they don't like what they were given in BfA.
    Or they have just unsubscribed without saying anything on the forums.

You don't know what the so called "silent majority" feels, so just please... stop forcing your own personal opinion on them and using them as an argument. All we have are our opinions, so let's just discuss them.
    I know that Group finder is MUCH MORE active than in Legion. I don't know about casuals and mount farmers but the segment of players I am interested in is extremely active.

Quote Originally Posted by AzeofSpadez View Post
    I used to call MMO Champion the "Sanctum of depressed hardcore WoW nerds with My Little Pony avatars" back in the day due to this phenomenon, but I must say that the negativity seems unusually high this time around even for this forum. I have enough free time to subscribe again since WoD and I'm kind of torn on whether or not it's actually worth it...
    It is. MMO-C is what you said it was, don't mind the whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Ion must take 100% responsibility for what a catastrophic failure BfA has been, not Morhaime.
    Are you really serious here? Because for me leveling was good, loved Voldun zone, dungeons are also fun and different from each other, Uldir also is good raid in my eyes. Bugs? Did not encounter single one that broke my game experience only some minor ones. The only downside of BfA are some specs that need some reworks still but theres not a class that is completly broken and unplayable.

So yeah, I just cant take someone seriously when saying some bulshiits like "catastrophic failure", "wow ruined" "wow dying in agony" bla bla.

A lot of people feel this way but at the end of the day he is only one person, WoW is a big project.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    Game is fine. Majority of people enjoying the game. Only bad thing about it is brainless mmoc members who believe every word by their favorite YouTube personalities. Burning ship story and drama always gets way more views than actual content and it is easier to make.
    Yeah, they totally hold last minute AMAs and interviews when "everything is fine". They are in a tailspin because pretty much every major "feature" in BfA has proven ungainly (GCD, azerite armor), unpopular (tedious rep grinds and shameless time grabs) or been implemented in such a way as to anger people for no reason (warfronts).

But yeah everything is fine, just like in WoD except people are noticing the problems way faster than they did then.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Yeah, they totally hold last minute AMAs and interviews when "everything is fine". They are in a tailspin because pretty much every major "feature" in BfA has proven ungainly (GCD, azerite armor), unpopular (tedious rep grinds and shameless time grabs) or been implemented in such a way as to anger people for no reason (warfronts).

But yeah everything is fine, just like in WoD except people are noticing the problems way faster than they did then.
    All of those things would be OK if they had an in-game community as a failsafe to keep players engaged. If the game needs work, at least you can play to be social. But you cant be social, the game systems are poor. Mass exodus imminent?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    <snip>
    TL;DR ~ Scaling is what is killing this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    So you saying that without the diablo team we can't have a good expac?
    Im saying staff move around in companies depending on what is being developed, It doesnt mean their is a A and B team......

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    This will go the same way as WOD went, 2 raid tiers and an upcoming great expansion by team a
    Hopefully! Sad that they wasted an amazing setting but as long as xpac 8 is feature packed as Legion was I'm fine with BfA being the flop it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

This so much.

AMA and the patch announcement tomorrow feel both rushed and necessary. BfA didn't work as planned and now they're trying to fix it with all of this rushed statements, Q&As and whatever. They wouldn't do all of this if BfA would perform good.

Pretty sure they planned on announcing 8.1 at Blizzcon and not two months earlier due to the massive amount of lukewarm/negative feedback they've got for BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I don't like his ways of communicating... at all really. I don't like him as the current WoW's PR guy.

However i'm not sure the impact he has in wow's strategic decisions. But usually, when something fails, the leaders of the project should be held responsible, just like they should be accounted for successes, when those happen.

However i have a very strong feeling that those tedious rep grinds, aka those carrots on a stick, that strategy that puts everything slow/grindy to keep us endlessly entertained, must have his personal signature (aka him being the one who brings those ideas to keep up the subs going no matter what).
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-09-17 at 05:37 PM.

BFA AMA wasn't really different than Legion AMA.

Early legion backlash was centered around class redesign and limitations. This caused WoW devs to put class design on the back seat for BFA but it has backfired.

In BFA, the backlash is based on new systems so the concern is if WoW devs misread the tea leaves as players do not appreciate new systems. But what players want are new systems that are functional, fluid and fun.

Lets see what patch 8.1 will contain tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I am saying this respectfully... I don't agree with you.

Ion is the Game Director.

If you will, look at the job description of a Game Director. This one is for Hearthstone: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/g...ment-843163540

Ion must take 100% responsibility for what a catastrophic failure BfA has been, not Morhaime.

Edit: in b4 "stop playin de game den, hurr hurr" comments from other ppl... if you disagree that bfa wasn't great, thats fine. Be cool.
    While I agree about Ion for WoW, Morhaime is responsible for hiring and putting all these epople in position and if you look at Starcraft, and Diablo and the current blow back on BfA 2/3 expansions met with PR hell (I'm fine with BfA personally) that is a lot his fault. He's also lost a lot of his major talent over the past 6 to 8 years. He's the CEO so those hires and losses fall to him. I personally think he's good with financials, but his time as CEO might be coming to a close.

Ion is totally responsible for WoW though, and people seemed fairly disappointed in BfA (again I'm having fun, but that has a lot to do with my Guild and general enjoyment of WoWs style and not expecting anything amazing but a continuation of the game I've been playing). I'll also agree that Ion is one of the best things to ever happen to raiding and make the jump to Game Director was probably a mistake. But people want to advance in their field. I wish he would have stayed just in the raid design area as the head of that. Despite complaints, I've really enjoyed the raids in the past 3 expansions, even some tuning was off the encounters have been fairly good with only a few bosses I can look at and be like that was utter shit (First fight HFC as example).

Deleted
    These "whiners" are actualy showing interest in the game they love by expressing their thoughts rather than simply quit the game and let the shit show in the game continue . Alot of ppl from guild or ppl i know have already quit the game and waiting for new patch .
    Upcomming 8.1 patch will determine if bfa can be put back on trails or not .
    I remember times when they were proudly announcing something like ~ 12 million active subs at some point .
    Ofc every launch had some flaws or had ppl complaining but this launch had the most justified complains by far and everyone can see this .
    Honestly i doubt that there are so many ppl satisfied with how their azerite gear work , ppl that can't wait to come back from work to do some islands or farm their champions of azeroth rep on their many alts .
    Last edited by mmoc518c104111; 2018-09-17 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it really isnt . people who dont treat WoW as their 2nd life dont have problems with stuff like ap or azerite traits.

Ion almost officialy confirmed it that its the fault of wow junkies who simm everything is why this stuff got blown way out of proportion
    You're only proving my point. Dismissing any and all criticisms with "Ion said so!" This is EXACTLY the kind of crap I was talking about.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-09-17 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You're only proving my point. Dismissing any and all criticisms with "Ion said so!" This is EXACTLY the kind of crap I was talking about.
    You are still discussing stuff with this guy after all these months and posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drust Flayer View Post
    A lot of people feel this way but at the end of the day he is only one person, WoW is a big project.
    True, but some body...anybody needs to put on the big boy shoes and actually try to show a sense of urgency to improve the live client. Maybe tomorrow with info reveal that shows some sense of urgency?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    the fury that erupted over the expansion storyline has calmed down now.
    but loads of that resulted from being told for months everything wasn't as it seemed
    both sides basically would commit "evil" acts. When it actually turned out like everyone guessed months ago.

Its coming back to that communication issue thats been mentioned a lot lately.
    Given the passion around the Game the time and money people have invested over the years
    the most basic thing they need is getting the message across in the best way,

BFA started on a bad foundation they needed to make sure the ingame content was
    strong enough to counter that feeling. someone months ago summed it up for me
    "BFA on Beta just feels like a filler patch with something bigger later on".