Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    They waited because they didn't want more people raging at them.
    This.

Another sh*tshow from Blizzard with this expansion release. They don't have a plan for anything right now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This.

Another sh*tshow from Blizzard with this expansion release. They don't have a plan for anything right now.
    I used to assume that the lack of 8.1 commentary was all about keeping the story under wraps but now I'm worried they've decided that they just need to keep everything under wraps all the time. That'd be just....awful.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Alpha and Beta are times when things are changing all the time. Until it hits live there is NO reason to assume that something will stick. Especially not something that functions differently than the current live version. UNLESS they come out and state that is their intention. Once again - that's my issue with what happened. Not the amount of gear. The fact that it is not being communicated. Stop trying to make this about the amount of gear. It's about Blizzard's poor communication stance lately.

- - - Updated - - -

This is all we're saying. When even WoWHead and MMO-Champ don't understand how something works it means it's not been communicated clearly enough.
    Yes the goal of beta is to change and test stuff. That means that once you put many loots in the weekly chest and people enjoy it, you have to test it IN THE BETA NOT IN RELEASE by removing this change and going back to 1 drop per week and TEST IN THE BETA NOT IN RELEASE to see if people like it or not. Once you realize IN THE BETA NOT IN RELEASE that people fucking hate it, then you revert to what people liked BEFORE THE END OF BETA. At this point people know what's up, there's no confusion, nothing wrong, nothing badly designed, everything is perfect.

Release is supposed to be exacly what beta was when it ended with only the addition of fixed bugs, there should be no changes to features in between.
    As we saw with warfront queues being bugged, it was never tested, warfront did not have this giant fucking waste of time feature and shit, there was just an NPC to talk to and poof you're sent to Arathi to have fun. Now they changed it to something that was never tested, it obviously crashed, no surprised.

Blatent incompetence and nothing else.

Forget about the beta.

Wowhead and other OFFICIAL partner sites posted articles explaining all those systems and stating the 3 item thing. It woulnd't have spread around if they didn't.

The fact that Blizzard never bothered ot say anything about it or correct those articles makes me think it was at least in part intentional. Or just straight up incompetence.

I used to assume that the lack of 8.1 commentary was all about keeping the story under wraps but now I'm worried they've decided that they just need to keep everything under wraps all the time. That'd be just....awful.
    Right now I rather think they don't know how to fix this expansion. It's not like they don't want to talk to us, they simply don't know what they'll doing next.

Fock. I hate the RNG of this things. No comunication, nothing. Man they are doing terribly wrong this xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I rather think they don't know how to fix this expansion. It's not like they don't want to talk to us, they simply don't know what they'll doing next.
    Maybe. I certainly hope this doesn't result in another WoD. I dunno if people would handle that wel....actually you know what yeah that would go over pretty terribly. It's sort of a similar feeling with the whole "they put too much time into a system, and that system isn't particularly amazing" that was the problem with Garrisons.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Maybe. I certainly hope this doesn't result in another WoD. I dunno if people would handle that wel....actually you know what yeah that would go over pretty terribly. It's sort of a similar feeling with the whole "they put too much time into a system, and that system isn't particularly amazing" that was the problem with Garrisons.
    I love the setting of the expansion. I really do. But Blizzard is doing a very poor job when it comes to communication or quality assurance with BfA. They're lacking basically everything that made Legion so good and successful imho. But their communication approach to just talk about problems / issues they knew about when they pop up and players experience them is really disappointing. And when did we have all of this again? Right, during WoD. During the first weeks of WoD. It's exactly the same now.

Thing is no matter what it will always have a solid playerbase.

I mean it could easily be profitable and developed for on 500k subs. However I'd like for the game to do as well as it can.

But I agree. I genuinely hope this doesn't turn out to be WoD 2.0 but for now I'm having my mini break with 4.4 out for FF14 next week.

Pretty lame but not that unexpected.

Its terrible they didnt throw up a post though to give people a heads up.

They legit dont give a fuck about players anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the setting of the expansion. I really do. But Blizzard is doing a very poor job when it comes to communication or quality assurance with BfA. They're lacking basically everything that made Legion so good and successful imho. But their communication approach to just talk about problems / issues they knew about when they pop up and players experience them is really disappointing.
    Totally agreed - I'm loving the story/setting so far. And the M+ and raids? Great! Unfortunately those are things Blizzard has always done well. The problem now is that they went all in on some of these systems and people are having at best mixed reactions to them. I'm all for experimentation since that's how we got M+ and lord knows it's better than not trying anything new but they have GOT to stop this thing in development where they make something a central focus for ALL of the content. Garrisons did it, the Artifact did it in Legion, and now we're doing it with Azerite traits where EVERYTHING ties back to this one system.

I agree with Belluar if you've seen his newest vid - a lot of the Legion stuff got moved forward to a "1.5" version with BFA while many things just feel like really weak or neutered versions of their Legion equivalent. Once agian...mainly Azerite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Thing is no matter what it will always have a solid playerbase.

I mean it could easily be profitable and developed for on 500k subs. However I'd like for the game to do as well as it can.

But I agree. I genuinely hope this doesn't turn out to be WoD 2.0 but for now I'm having my mini break with 4.4 out for FF14 next week.
    I always jump for a bit with new FF14 content (that's worth anything) since I love the story in that game. Have fun with Zenos!

Totally agreed - I'm loving the story/setting so far. And the M+ and raids? Great! Unfortunately those are things Blizzard has always done well. The problem now is that they went all in on some of these systems and people are having at best mixed reactions to them. I'm all for experimentation since that's how we got M+ and lord knows it's better than not trying anything new but they have GOT to stop this thing in development where they make something a central focus for ALL of the content. Garrisons did it, the Artifact did it in Legion, and now we're doing it with Azerite traits where EVERYTHING ties back to this one system.

I agree with Belluar if you've seen his newest vid - a lot of the Legion stuff got moved forward to a "1.5" version with BFA while many things just feel like really weak or neutered versions of their Legion equivalent. Once agian...mainly Azerite.

- - - Updated - - -

I always jump for a bit with new FF14 content (that's worth anything) since I love the story in that game. Have fun with Zenos!
    Nah. Mah boi Shadowhunter (we all know who he is) is top dog right now.

Wow 340 azerite gear...so amazing glad I ran a m+ instead of a 30 second wq for the same reward

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Mah boi Shadowhunter (we all know who he is) is top dog right now.
    Oh good point! I'm hoping the FF14 story for next expansion is heading geographically towards his home. That'd be pretty sweet.

Staying a bit vague in case there are any random FF14 people curious haha.

Funnily enough Final Fantasy devs have also been a bit quiet this year. Maybe it's the new big thing?

Oh good point! I'm hoping the FF14 story for next expansion is heading geographically towards his home. That'd be pretty sweet.

Funnily enough Final Fantasy devs have also been a bit quiet this year. Maybe it's the new big thing?
    They're announcing a new expansion later this year, aren't they? That's why they are a bit more quiet imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're announcing a new expansion later this year, aren't they? That's why they are a bit more quiet imho.
    I believe so but nothing is confirmed. Considering 4.4 is coming out now they'll need to release some expansion info since that's either next or after 4.5. It's not far off that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Literally no one I know realistically thought that was ever making it into live release. I just assumed it was a fast gear mechanic to stress test the beta with high ilvl toons.
    Method on stream were also confused as to why EVERYONE got one piece of gear.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

It could very well be a quicker way of gearing folks, in beta, to increase the range of content and user-experience reports.

But it should have been properly explained, to avoid confusion.

Nah. It's fanfest soon. New expansion will be announced there with a possible hint at a new job.

My only actual gripe with FF14 weirdly is Eureka because the relic is gated behind it. Supposed be an FF11 throwback to Dynamis but nothing like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe so but nothing is confirmed. Considering 4.4 is coming out now they'll need to release some expansion info since that's either next or after 4.5. It's not far off that's for sure.
    Will be at Fanfest later this year. They did for Stormblood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. It's fanfest soon. New expansion will be announced there with a possible hint at a new job.

My only actual gripe with FF14 weirdly is Eureka because the relic is gated behind it. Supposed be an FF11 throwback to Dynamis but nothing like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be at Fanfest later this year. They did for Stormblood.
    Perfect, looking forward to that revelation soon. I hope they try some new stuff with this next expansion. Stormblood was cool but didn't really do anything new. Kinda like BFA and Legion when you think about it.

And yeah Eureka actually made me crave the WoW grind as sad as that is.