Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warfront creates clueless players.

I just did Told Dagor +3 and last boss i was kinda schocked. After 5-7 wipes players in my groups start asking about boss mechanics. I thought they just played badly at that moment but no. 3 players in my group were completly clueless what boss does. And when we finaly killed him. Those 3 players get achievement for heroic and mythic 0 Tol Dagor. So thank you very much Blizz that mythic+ is now infested with clueless players becouse they completly skipped dungeon progression thanks to free warfront gear.

I fail to see how this is caused by warfronts. Clueless idiots are nothing new. At least they were actually willing to learn.

Or maybe they hadn't done Tol Dagor yet as there are many other dungeons?

7+ Year Old Account
    Just throw the mechanics out there, or ask if people know, in advance.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only warfronts? *evil grin* You must be new here, ....WoW and mmo's in general have never been a bastion of well enlightened people.

Deleted
    Thanks Obama!

/eyeroll

Sounds like arguments against "welfare epics" in WotLK all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    /eyeroll

Sounds like arguments against "welfare epics" in WotLK all over again.
    But it’s partly true indeed... WotLK messed this up and it’s been contuining since. The tediousness and difficulty of obtaining epics “back in the day” did filter out the clueless and dumb players. More so than today, that’s for sure!
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

7+ Year Old Account
    OP u mad those noobz got that 370 titanforged weapon from Warfornts?

It's still the beginning of the expansion. People are still leveling and reaching 120 to experience these dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I fail to see how this is caused by warfronts. Clueless idiots are nothing new. At least they were actually willing to learn.
    On my mage i went from 120lvl to WQ, to Warfront and to Mythic +5 runs. There never was befor feature what let you skip content this easly. I went from 301 itemlvl on my mage to 442 in 4 hours. And i completly skipped dungeon content. There used to be only LFR where you could get like 1-2 items max but now you can farm out entire gear set in 2 hours spaming warfront. It completly killed gear progression outside of mythic+ and raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    OP u mad those noobz got that 370 titanforged weapon from Warfornts?

It's still the beginning of the expansion. People are still leveling and reaching 120 to experience these dungeons.
    No they dont. We passed this point several days ago. 4 weeks and we alredy have catch up system in the game.

Require a mythic dungeon achievement then, or simply ask before first pull. Not a difficult problem. You're fortunate they weren't the type that gives up after the first wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    But it’s partly true indeed... WotLK messed this up and it’s been contuining since. The tediousness and difficulty of obtaining epics “back in the day” did filter out the clueless and dumb players. More so than today, that’s for sure!
    this, Wrath had some great content(ICC, ulduar namely and wintergrasp for PvP) but LFD, the slow removal of the badge system, and the free progression-chain breaking loot are the biggest problems from it.
    and that's including the features and content they promoted at blizzcon then cut from the release.

all of these changes resulted in newer players skipping large amounts of content that would of taught and prepared them to fight the admittedly more complicated boss fights later in the expac.

Sounds like you really forced that to be against warfronts just because you don't like them

Dungeons weren't filled with top tier players who knew every details of every boss before warfronts came out,that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    I just did Told Dagor +3 and last boss i was kinda schocked. After 5-7 wipes players in my groups start asking about boss mechanics. I thought they just played badly at that moment but no. 3 players in my group were completly clueless what boss does. And when we finaly killed him. Those 3 players get achievement for heroic and mythic 0 Tol Dagor. So thank you very much Blizz that mythic+ is now infested with clueless players becouse they completly skipped dungeon progression thanks to free warfront gear.
    Before warfront I had 3 different groups in Mythic+ who kept wiping to the first boss of ToS cause they didn't know about the lightning shield, or about dodging the whirlwinds. Warfronts have nothing to do with it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    On my mage i went from 120lvl to WQ, to Warfront and to Mythic +5 runs. There never was befor feature what let you skip content this easly. I went from 301 itemlvl on my mage to 442 in 4 hours. And i completly skipped dungeon content. There used to be only LFR where you could get like 1-2 items max but now you can farm out entire gear set in 2 hours spaming warfront. It completly killed gear progression outside of mythic+ and raids.

- - - Updated - - -

No they dont. We passed this point several days ago. 4 weeks and we alredy have catch up system in the game.
    You cannot get a full set in 2hrs.... besides who the fuck cares? Don't PuG solution fixed

Clueless lazy people creates lazy players.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Are people this dumb, or just pretending? Handing out free gear for afking in warfront (or, before that, in LFR), DOES create more geared idiots that infest M+. How hard to grasp is that? Without LFR/Warfronts, if someone had gear, they usually knew what they're doing (well..usually). Nowadays, not so much. I just did Underrot +0 with entire party being 350+, and they had no fucking clue, like totally none. And after inspecting them, most of their gear was either wf/tf wq gear, or warfront stuff, or LFR things.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    this, Wrath had some great content(ICC, ulduar namely and wintergrasp for PvP) but LFD, the slow removal of the badge system, and the free progression-chain breaking loot are the biggest problems from it.
    and that's including the features and content they promoted at blizzcon then cut from the release.

all of these changes resulted in newer players skipping large amounts of content that would of taught and prepared them to fight the admittedly more complicated boss fights later in the expac.
    Exactly.

But they have to cater to a more casual audience nowadays. The game wouldn’t do well if it was any more “difficult” — unfortunately. Some guildie leveled up an alt to 120 and on the same day thanks to WQ/Warfront and Island Expeditions he went from 270 iLvL to 320. That’s insane :-/ In one day you get given so many epics...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

This folks, is why Blizzard should take players' input with a grain of salt.

Because, what. the. fuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Are people this dumb, or just pretending? Handing out free gear for afking in warfront (or, before that, in LFR), DOES create more geared idiots that infest M+. How hard to grasp is that? Without LFR/Warfronts, if someone had gear, they usually knew what they're doing (well..usually). Nowadays, not so much. I just did Underrot +0 with entire party being 350+, and they had no fucking clue, like totally none. And after inspecting them, most of their gear was either wf/tf wq gear, or warfront stuff, or LFR things.
    ...so?

Tell 'em what to do, ask 'em if they know.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.