Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I've never understood people's obsession with Hakkar.
    Hakkar shouldn't have been put in G'huun's place, but there's so much mystery surrounding Hakkar that I wanted to see fleshed out a little bit. I think that's the biggest draw, is how significant a figure is, despite having almost no background.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They have to make sure it's impossible to make a consistent plot in other media with their lore.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    In which way was Hakkar replaced? Hakkar was worshiped by the Gurubashi. Blood trolls are different

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Either they forgot or Hakkar is being used for something else.
    They didn't forgot about him, just they didn't find any role for him to do in this expansion but who knows, maybe he will show up later
    https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...hrall-wrathion
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Hakkar was probably the flying serpent loa that first made a pact with ghuun like the bat that we horde kill during the quests in nazmir, in the end loas are miles away the level of an old god even a fake one like ghuun.

Loas are the troll version of those ancient the nelf worship, they got killed left and right.

ps: are the gurubashi representative in zandalar like the farraki, amani etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Hakkar = Blood Loa worshipped by Gurubashi trolls. G'huun = product of old gods, worshipped as a Loa by Blood Trolls in Naz'mir and referred to as Blood God. G'HUUN IS NOT A LOA. Also, just playing devil's advocate and arguing if we were to agree that G'huun were a Loa, it's like saying "Well if Jesus is the embodiment of God then why did they change it to Mohommad in this completely different area with completely different tribes of people"

Both Hakkar and G'huun exist and are both referred to as the Blood God, it's just arguing between tribes on which is the "true" Blood God. Also, Hakkar is in Shadowlands. If people are going to try to argue "but the lore!" then at least attempt to look up the characters first please.
    I understand your analogy, but I'd like to clarify that Mohammad is not, and has never been, considered the embodiment of God. That would be considered "shirk" in islamic terminology. It's besides the point, I know, but now you have a better understanding for future reference. No derail intented. I'll show myself out.
    Last edited by blobthebob; 2018-09-12 at 06:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgekidxxx View Post
    Glad someone else gets it.
    Yeah right, because Ghuun is such an interesting addition to the lore and his demise in 8.0.1 gives him so much potential as a future development of lore...

What the hell is the deal with wishing Blizz would systematically create new things instead of exploring things unfinished and mysteries undisclosed ? I mean sure, some new stuff has to appear punctually, but I'd much rather Blizzard allow us to peak into some good old lore with secrets left hidden for a long time, rather than have them serve us some 'new' tasteless fluff that really doesn't add anything more to the game than some rehearsed stuff. Poor quality "new lore" that gets discarded after two months worth of game time is worthless.

I think Hakkar should have been a central part of this x-pac, because he is a key element in troll mythology and loa-pantheon, shrouded in sufficient mystery to make him intriguing. He is by the way mentioned in the King's rest dungeon guidebook, which gives me some hope that they haven't completely shredded the idea of bringing him somehow into the equation.

G'hun is much cooler than Hakkar. Both in design and his fight.
    We humans have to stick together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Also his background fits on a single piece of toilet paper.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why Hakkar again? I like him and he is a cool enemy but he have the avatar of Hakkar in Sunken Temple, Hakkar in old ZG and Jndu / Hakkar in new ZG. G'huun is a new kind of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Comparing an over decade old bossfight with the final boss of the current raid.
    Hakkar is still a rather uncoventional fight due the poisoned blood mechanic.

Let alone corrupted blood incident.

Deleted
    dunno but G'huun feels like he's not even menacing enough... I know he's an old god experiment but compared to real old gods, G'huun just feels like a overgrown maggot

During one of the zandalari quests one of the zandalari talks about Hakkar. He says that something to the affect of “G’huun aint a weak blood god like that Hakkar, G’huun’s power is the real deal”. What he says basically amounts to Hakkar thought he was a blood god when he really wasnt anything.

In Dazar'alor there's small dedicated tablets about Hakkar's and other dead Loas.

So Hakkar's wasn't forgotten by Blizz or replaced by G'huun.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-09-12 at 08:08 PM.

Blizzard: [Not even to the first content patch]

Entitled Players: "I CAN'T BELIEVE BLIZZARD OMITTED [thing most people don't care about] FROM THE ENTIRE EXPANSION THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!"
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

I wouldn't say Hakkar got replaced. G'huun is called the "Blood God" by those that venerate him and in conjunction, those that fight his forces. Objectively speaking, G'huun is more representative of pestilence, infestation, disease and rot, rather than simply "blood".

It is not a god and it is not a loa; it is the result of titan research and experimentation. G'huun is a class of its own. Hakkar on the other hand is clearly a loa.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-09-12 at 08:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    So you prefer them reintroducing old things / characters again and again instead of creating and developping new stories ?
    yeah instead of using bolvar they should just add the Iich King who also has an undead army, ruling from his fortress named Nicecrown Citadel located in Southrend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Blizzard: [Not even to the first content patch]

Entitled Players: "I CAN'T BELIEVE BLIZZARD OMITTED [thing most people don't care about] FROM THE ENTIRE EXPANSION THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!"
    forum user: [makes a small forum post about a concern he had]

other forum user: "OMG STOP BITCHING YOU ARE SUCH A WHINER YOU MUST NEVER QUESTION BLIZZ"

It is a little weird that there isn't more mention of him, considering the shared title, but I don't think G'huun replaced him.

There's still the 8.1 "Zuldazar Raid" where he could be used, assuming that's still a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Just for funsies, after reading the OP's post, I went over to wowwiki and read up on Hakkar.

Most everything was just refresher, but a few things stuck out to me.

We don't have a lot of lore on Hakkar. We know he was a loa of blood, we see him depicted as a wind serpent, but nothing about origins and it is an obvious omission on Blizz's part to not have Hakkar in the introduction of the Zandalari story.

Something I hadn't really connected before was Sethe. They share a few common characteristics (Wind Serpent, blood offerings, void). This is obvious speculation, but what if Sethe is Hakkar. After Sethe died on Draenor, he found the trolls on Azeroth. I don't believe, I could be wrong, Hakkar has not had a physical body on Azeroth. His spirit and avatar have been present, but I don't remember a phyiscal body being possessed.

This could play into the whole Old God/Void theme that Blizzard seems to be heading towards.
    I think you're on to something.
    They're indeed very similar and both have a deep connection to wind serpents and blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Hakkar was probably the flying serpent loa that first made a pact with ghuun like the bat that we horde kill during the quests in nazmir, in the end loas are miles away the level of an old god even a fake one like ghuun.

Loas are the troll version of those ancient the nelf worship, they got killed left and right.

ps: are the gurubashi representative in zandalar like the farraki, amani etc?
    There are, and its even noted how the mess with Hakkar is still having effects on them.