Blood Storm or Red Thirst Tyrannical?

Mostly for Highish tyrannical keys (7+) where boss do a lot of damage and your survival is relevant on them.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Mostly for Highish tyrannical keys (7+) where boss do a lot of damage and your survival is relevant on them.

I would look at Red thirst or purgatory... you can get chunked really hard on em- Just did a +9 Shrine- wish I took purgatory

For higher keys definitely purgatory. It will save you a wipe

Depends on your gear and your group. If your healer is competent and DPS is high, you may be able to get away with Bone Storm. Did a SOB +10 yesterday (350+ group) and I wish I took it for more AOE.

I'm still playing with bonestorm this week, but I also play with rune tap, which really helps to smooth boss damage, so YMMV.

Deleted
    Probably a stupid question Drakath, but whats your strategy of using runetap in dungeons? I assume you've taken runestrike aswell?

I've never really specced into it apart from on Cenarius for the spear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaewalk View Post
    I would look at Red thirst or purgatory... you can get chunked really hard on em- Just did a +9 Shrine- wish I took purgatory
    I find bonestorm to be far superior even on tyrannical weeks. I did many +10s this week and never felt the need for Purgatory. If anything I'd take red thirst for a 13+, but deathstriking properly keeps me alive on any fight atm. 361 bdk

Quote Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
    Probably a stupid question Drakath, but whats your strategy of using runetap in dungeons? I assume you've taken runestrike aswell?

I've never really specced into it apart from on Cenarius for the spear
    I was playing with rune stroke for a bit when my haste was feeling low, but I'm at like 30% with bone shield up now, so I feel like blood drinker is way better/easier to manage.

I like to use rune tap to just try and smooth things out. So like, running into a large pack I'll drop a death and decay, blood boil, marrow rend twice, and then rune tap. By the time rune tap ends you've regened enough runes to heartstrike a couple times and then you can drop a full duration bonestorm. From there something should be dead and the pack gets progressively easier.

For bosses, most of them have a 'strong attack' that isn't avoidable. I use rune tap for those types of strikes when I don't have enough runic power saved up to immediately death strike after. Same goes for if I drop too low. If you have it avail for when you reach like 35% hp or something, it functions pretty much the same as bulwark or w/e the talent is on that tier that reduces damage under 35% hp. I still think that's a fine choice, but I'd prefer to be in more control to have myself not get to that point, and realistically, I'd prefer to not be sitting at/under 35% hp often enough to get full value from it.

Just my two cents, hope it's helpful!

bonestorm is a great talent for large AoE packs. Pretty mediocre on small packs / bosses. This week you have to have an amazing healer and dps that are good with their defensives/self healing to do larger packs... if your pugging you won’t make it far killing your group each pull.

On other weeks with tyrannical where you can really mow through trash I would be more likally to take bonestorm if I’m confident in my healer.

But I think it’s bad advice to just tell anyone to take bonestorm without knowing the context of the group they are going with or other affixes.
    Last edited by Jaewalk; 2018-09-13 at 06:45 PM.

With the nature of mythic+ being to always try and clear as fast as possible, I really can't see a reason to not take bonestorm 90% of the time. If trash is trivial, pull more trash, and then bonestorm shines even stronger. Even on bursting week, you just stagger your kills, still saves you a ton of time.

Like Lazu said, until you're at like 12, 13+, where you're really pushing the incoming damage and you need that extra vamp blood to survive, bonestorm just helps you clear so much faster.

But I think it’s bad advice to just tell anyone to take bonestorm without knowing the context of the group they are going with or other affixes.
    You can always pull more trash with bonestorm up due to the healing from it. Even if the group needs to single target them down like this week, they can still cleave a bit. With a week like skittish, the extra damage also helps keep agro.

7+ Year Old Account
    Purgatory is always my go-to for progression raiding and higher M+ keys. You really can't beat out a "second life" opportunity, especially with Tyrannical.

Although you could go Red Thirst or Bonestorm to force yourself to play smart and be on your toes at all times.

Found that most bosses were actually not that dangerous for tank health even with Tyrannical so don't see the need for Purgatory or Red Thrist.
    Rather use Bonestorm for trash.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Found that most bosses were actually not that dangerous for tank health even with Tyrannical so don't see the need for Purgatory or Red Thrist.
    Rather use Bonestorm for trash.
    sounds like something someone who hasn't done kings rest/shrine/ToS 11+ would say

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done both King's Rest and Shrine on 11's. Chested the King's Rest with ~5 minutes to go, and nothing felt remotely dangerous in there sans the last boss. The only reason the last boss felt remotely sketchy was because we had a shaman healer, and anybody who has run with healers knows that shaman over any other healer feel pretty weak at the moment. Shrine we didn't chest, but that's only because people butchered interrupts on the last boss.

What in particular is dangerous to a blood DK in King's Rest and Shrine in particular? While I initially thought the second boss would require kiting during his damage buff, I soon found out the damage isn't dangerous and it's just safer to face tank it to avoid your melee being retarded on the boss.

Realistically I haven't found a reason to not take bonestorm currently, and that's doing 10-12 keys. I haven't done ToS (no keys), so maybe it's different, but I haven't found a reason for red thirst or purgatory over bonestorm at the moment. Bonestorm does a lot of damage (I'm generally between 9.5 and 11k damage over the entire run, depending on instance) and I can't see myself dropping the talent. You can literally open a pack with bonestorm while your healer is drinking and be absolutely assured that you won't die during the duration, the other talents really don't give you that much certainty.

That said, I don't think it's bad to drop bonestorm, especially in an instance with smaller trash pulls. King's Rest for instance doesn't have big enough pulls where having bonestorm is a giant boon, but I've still yet to see a reason to drop it.

Our health hovers now, it's not the same as Legion where death strike was nearly an LoH on ourselves. WoTN is pretty retarded and eventually healers will realize that we can take a few hits below 35% health and be absolutely fine.

Deleted
    sounds like something someone who hasn't done kings rest/shrine/ToS 11+ would say
    King's Rest was such a nightmare -.- Last Boss is just... mean... Our DH had to taunt the Bladecombo with Bladedance at some point to dodge the backloaded hit. It was tough.