Poll: Did you cancel your subscription?

Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

So many people leaving. BfA is killing the game

I’ve never seen this many people leave like this since WOD. They’re not leaving in flocks or packs or hoards. They’re leaving in a mass exodus. Everyday less people are on the game. The complaint for leaving all the same. Azerite farm, Warfront and timegating. We’re headed towards a big flush down the shitter if Blizzard doesn’t get their shit together
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I got to 120, did a few things, and when sub ran out I didn't renew. Nothing new to the game really. Just feels like a reskinned legion.

Too early to determine that.

But it is not looking good if patch 8.1 isn't out on the PTR in the next four weeks.

Strange, my guild list is pretty hoppin'. Boralus looks busy to me. Trade is never quiet.

Maybe you need to lay off the doomsaying. Then people might want to hang out with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    I got to 120, did a few things, and when sub ran out I didn't renew. Nothing new to the game really. Just feels like a reskinned legion.
    you mean like every xpac

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I’ve never seen this many people leave like this since WOD. They’re not leaving in flocks or packs or hoards. They’re leaving in a mass exodus. Everyday less people are on the game. The complaint for leaving all the same. Azerite farm, Warfront and timegating. We’re headed towards a big flush down the shitter if Blizzard doesn’t get their shit together
    It's been about a month; a huge dropoff is totally expected.
    Meanwhile my guild's doing just fine. It's a trip when you don't rely on what's being spoonfed and you focus on having a good time with buddies.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would love to know where you get this from? If its from forums like this one, all you're gonna find is a lot of toxic, whiners really. If its your friends list, perhaps its time for some new friends. I find that I've seen more people resub than leave, personally. The game is fine, lots that is new & nice, lots to improve on. The same as any xpac ever in its first month or two. Everyone just needs to chill the f* out...

Quote Originally Posted by Jigga93 View Post
    you mean like every xpac

No? Pretty sure Legion and BFA are nothing like wotlk for example. Unless of course you are talking about simple mmorpg mechanics which would of course have the same feel for every game of this type in the expansions that are released after initial launch.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    No? Pretty sure Legion and BFA are nothing like wotlk for example. Unless of course you are talking about simple mmorpg mechanics which would of course have the same feel for every game of this type in the expansions that are released after initial launch.
    WOTLK, still had plenty of people on forums complaining just like this. This is nothing new man...

10+ Year Old Account
    Another day, another idiotic 'WoW iz dyin' topic.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, champ.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfairStuff View Post
    WOTLK, still had plenty of people on forums complaining just like this. This is nothing new man...
    There will be complaints, but is there not some weight to the arguments put forward? Why were we delivered such a buggy product?

Been here since TBC and I can confirm that literally every expansion this exact post is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Honestly, the people that are "leaving" are actually doing the game a favor. The caliber of problem that is dividing this community is only further strengthening the half of it that is productive.
    Meanwhile, I have to keep sitting people for thirty man raids when we were barely able to fill 20 mans last expansion.

BFA is the natural second act to Legion, and as such it will continue to weed out a lot of casuals and people who were never going to progress their characters over many months - and that is a very good thing for any serious community.

The minimally committed players who talk a lot just end up taking spots for people who plan to play for the next two years.

I'm sure people will SAY they would have done that if it weren't for blah blah random reason, but in reality none of those reasons would actually matter to a long term player.
    And even if they did, a long term player would stay for the friendships they made above all else anyway.

Its like natural selection in a way, and it is absolutely good for the health of the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Every day at 8PM atleast 7-8 realms are Locked and ppl are waiting in queue with over 3-4k in line.At first it was only 2 realms locked now it increased to 7-8....yeah ppl are leaving lol.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Honestly, the people that are "leaving" are actually doing the game a favor. The caliber of problem that is dividing this community is only further strengthening the half of it that is productive.
    Meanwhile, I have to keep sitting people for thirty man raids when we were barely able to fill 20 mans last expansion.

BFA is the natural second act to Legion, and as such it will continue to weed out a lot of casuals and people who were never going to progress their characters over many months - and that is a very good thing for any serious community.

The minimally committed players who talk a lot just end up taking spots for people who plan to play for the next two years.

I'm sure people will SAY they would have done that if it weren't for blah blah random reason, but in reality none of those reasons would actually matter to a long term player.
    And even if they did, a long term player would stay for the friendships they made above all else anyway.

Its like natural selection in a way, and it is absolutely good for the health of the game.

Solid agree. I'm not worried about people leaving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    and ofc every of the tenthousands leaving (in a mass exodus) daily personally informed u on their reasons, hm?

Why are these type of threads not locked down instantly?

As usual, OP has no source or credibility to his claims. I'm surprised I haven't seen a drop off yet. In NA, looking at the server list right now, I have to scroll to get past "FULL". I haven't see that in a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MinTDH View Post
    There will be complaints, but is there not some weight to the arguments put forward? Why were we delivered such a buggy product?
    I get whats being said, but this LITERALLY happens every xpac. There is always something buggy or something that could be improved. I could go through every single xpac since BC & mention something that was buggy in its first month.
    Blizzard releases Beta for the intention of people helping, but most people get on for themselves to know how to level quick not help their favorite gaming company out. Want less bugs? Beta players need to be serious about their responsibility. That doesn't mean there will be NO bugs, that means percentage wise I bet there would be far less.

Buggy products are a part of gaming. Not sure why this is such a new concept? I'm far more surprised when games DON'T have bugs honestly...

Still subscribed with both my accounts. My friends list is just as active as ever. No trouble finding people to do stuff with. I don't see it.

I get whats being said, but this LITERALLY happens every xpac. There is always something buggy or something that could be improved. I could go through every single xpac since BC & mention something that was buggy in its first month.
    Blizzard releases Beta for the intention of people helping, but most people get on for themselves to know how to level quick not help their favorite gaming company out. Want less bugs? Beta players need to be serious about their responsibility. That doesn't mean there will be NO bugs, that means percentage wise I bet there would be far less.

Buggy products are a part of gaming. Not sure why this is such a new concept? I'm far more surprised when games DON'T have bugs honestly...
    I'd agree with you here if it didn't feel like responsible bug reporting had about as much weight as people who only log on PTR to benefit themselves. The Mythic race is a pretty good example, where bugs reported frequently on Fetid Devourer during PTR were ignored and made it to live, leaving racers to deal with the bugs.

Edit: As an aside to the original topic, I don't subscribe to the sensationalist clickbait that OP styled this thread as. Every server I do my progress on for both factions) are full even in the middle of the night. Server populations seem pretty contrary to this "MASS EXODUS" OP is doomsaying about.
    Last edited by Aneae; 2018-09-13 at 03:59 AM.