Poll: Did you cancel your subscription?

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    You know, this can go both ways. I can say the same about how the mind of a Blizzard hater or doomsayer works.
    Truth sounds like hate to those who hate truth.

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Yeah I remember the expeditions and war fronts in Legion.. Wonder why they brought that over to bfa
    Warfronts were data mined from MoP.

Expeditions are scaled down scenarios.

BFA is very low effort.

Well, glad your metrics say that the game is being killed.

My metrics of my own friends playing is at an all time high strangely.

And it's funny, cuz I don't think the game is in a very good place. But hey I don't mind, having a blast playing with friends again

Was thinking about a break. But I'll give them until 8.1 to improve. By that time 4.5 should be around the corner for FF14 so if I do end up quitting I'll have something to play.

However overall so far this expansion has been so-so for me. It's good at it's core but the amount of bugs that made it through Beta this time is not what I'd expect of Blizzard.

Not to mention their lack of clarity/communication on PvP and Warfronts.

Keep a weather eye on the horizon : https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/984270/
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I feel weaker the more ilvl I gain... I enjoy the game but this might be a huge factor why people get frustrated. Seriously tho, I could kill mobs faster when I first hit 120.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I’ve never seen this many people leave like this since WOD. They’re not leaving in flocks or packs or hoards. They’re leaving in a mass exodus. Everyday less people are on the game. The complaint for leaving all the same. Azerite farm, Warfront and timegating. We’re headed towards a big flush down the shitter if Blizzard doesn’t get their shit together
    How is the content any different than legion?

Azerite Farm = Artifact Power
    Warfront = That dumb instance shit you had in Suramar.
    Timegating = this has existed in every MMO since MMOs became a thing.

Everything else is about the same. Artifact weapons were no better. People bitch and moan about the grind but grinds are what MMOs are about. I watched method wipe for 7 hours on one boss yesterday. If thats not grind, I dont know what is. You are playing the wrong genre and honestly part of the reason MMOs are dying out.

If you want instant gratification, go play your console or fortnite.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I'm not currently playing, my Battle.net list is pretty chock full of people playing. Most my friends have just started heroic/Mythic raiding so they will be at it for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    No? Pretty sure Legion and BFA are nothing like wotlk for example. Unless of course you are talking about simple mmorpg mechanics which would of course have the same feel for every game of this type in the expansions that are released after initial launch.
    Jesus... I cant wait for blizzard to get around to releasing classic servers for WOTLK, at least I hope they do so this shit can stop.

WoTLK had 1 or 2 accepted builds per class, depending on role.

WoTLK had insanely unbalanced PvP compared to today

WoTLK had wellfare epics on a whole nother scale, just go farm heroics for 2 days in a group that aoes everything to smithereens in 20 mins/dungeon and you can buy most of the previous tier of raiding gear, add to this the catch up dungeons and non-raiders where basically one tier behind, aka LFR ilvl.

WoTLK had no repgrinds as tabards did that for you, and guess what you did with tabards? Heroic Dungeons. I'm still tired of the heroic dungeon farm from WoTLK, I refuse to do any lich king dungeons when leveling and only return to get some transmog items/mounts these days.

Argent tournament had exactly 2 hours of content a day, if you took it slow as fuck. And that was it, that was all we got.

Legion had at least 2 accepted spec for each class, with most of the time 3-4 accepted talent layouts.

Legion had interesting artifact weapons that deeply reminded me of the old talent trees from pre-cata.

Legion had personalized class stories and mounts

Legion added 2 extra questing zones from patches and 3 extra dungeons, 4 if you count Karazhan as 2 seperate ones like it was originally.

Legion further introduced and extra recolor of raiding gear from doing PvP with elite rewarding the mythic gear look with a unique color scheme.

Legion had WQ and emissaries which on average took as much time as dailies from old expansions, except they were alot more varied and less painful.

Then we have BFA.

On release BFA has:

10 Dungeons, specifically designed for mythic+ which gives them way more relevance than old heroics ever had.

1 8 boss raid, as per usual.

2 Continents that together are 1,5 times the size of broken isles excluding the broken shore.

An interesting War Campaign that unlocks as you progress rep, however I did find the lack of voice acting and cinematics abit rushed.

Amazing Faction story lines with great cutscenes, even tho I feel alliance got a way better deal.

Both the best and the worst hub cities ever, Boralus is just pure amazing, Zandalar is a gorgeous city but also way to inconvenient to traverse.

Also, BFA will deep dive into Old gods and the naga, finally and furthermore seems to have some heavy lore stuff planned surrounding the shadowlands and death vs life.

So Yeah no, I have my hopes intact still. I disliked Legion at first but I came back in late 7.2 and enjoyed the heck out of it for what remained. and BFA is shaping up nicely even tho I will admit they have 100% rushed it out the gates, which is so unlike blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I’ve never seen this many people leave like this since WOD. They’re not leaving in flocks or packs or hoards. They’re leaving in a mass exodus. Everyday less people are on the game. The complaint for leaving all the same. Azerite farm, Warfront and timegating. We’re headed towards a big flush down the shitter if Blizzard doesn’t get their shit together
    I'm still subscribed, and I loved Legion but I am simply flabbergasted with BfA. the expansion has been nothing but bugs, bugs, bugs....... and if it were bugs that had been new and never seen before that would be fine. but there are bugs still in the game that were reported 5 months prior to release.

Deleted
    Still 40 minute queues nightly on Draenor, if people have left, can we stop getting them joining the server every night?

Anyone that quits a month in because they are not content with raids, dungeons and PVP isn't going to last long in any expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    What extent, again? What numbers are we talking about?
    The general level of complaint, throughout the expansion launch list.

Yes, each iteration of the game had its forum naysayers; they're ever present. But there have been substantially more of them, in very loose correlation with the expansions that did the worst. For example, I've never seen community noise like there was with Warlords. Following that, Mists saw the loudest complaint volume but, specifically, because of the clear Kung Fu Panda inspiration for the theme (the biggest complaints at launch were about the obnoxious approach to dailies).

After those two, most of the forum noise was positive around launch content to a far higher degree than those two examples. Unfortunately, Battle for Azeroth is in line with those two and the complaints have more in common with Warlords.

It should concern people that Warlords was one of the worst performing MMORPG expansions in history, not just for World of Warcraft. Should this one end up anything like it, well... There will be repercussions in its postmortem.

So after 14 pages has anyone provided any actual evidence of "people leaving en mass" or is it still based on personal experience and going off angry/trolling MMO-C posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    The general level of complaint, throughout the expansion launch list.

Yes, each iteration of the game had its forum naysayers; they're ever present. But there have been substantially more of them, in very loose correlation with the expansions that did the worst. For example, I've never seen community noise like there was with Warlords. Following that, Mists saw the loudest complaint volume but, specifically, because of the clear Kung Fu Panda inspiration for the theme (the biggest complaints at launch were about the obnoxious approach to dailies).
    I still do not see numbers.

Still subscribed. Had no issues finding groups for the harder world quests even on a Monday morning (day off) and was shocked at how easy a group formed. I'm also lagging a lot sometimes either from volume of players in zones or the "voice chat system restored" shit, I haven't figured out the reason yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the actual hell???

There are so many things to do that I don't have time to complete them all, and you say there is no content??

Weekly expeditions, Arathi, conquest points, mythics, dailys and so on.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Content has never been richer for an initial launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I still do not see numbers.
    Look you know there isn't numbers past mop that to our knowledge had the single biggest loss recorded after launch. I would point to the in game economy as a sign of health I am extremely skeptical that token prices are halved almost overnight if demand for subscription was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    What the actual hell???

There are so many things to do that I don't have time to complete them all, and you say there is no content??

Weekly expeditions, Arathi, conquest points, mythics, dailys and so on.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Content has never been richer for an initial launch.
    Im not on his bandwagon of the game is failing but there isnt "alot of things to do" atleast not on the level of keeping me busy. I Island capped both characters i currently play not long after reset this week, im basically exalted every rep im just gonna let it finish out on emissaries ill have them within a week or so just doing those, i dont do WQ unless it specifically has a blue ap reward.

I finish my daily maintenance stuff within about an hour across 2 characters then i kinda just bounce around the seal again thinking of what old world stuff i wanna go do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelurf View Post
    Still 40 minute queues nightly on Draenor, if people have left, can we stop getting them joining the server every night?
    Blizzard could fix this instantly with free transfers but they'd loose transfer fees.

Keep in mind, that as servers die players tend to migrate/congregate in the most populated realms. Draenor and Zul'jin for example will always be full, until Wow's dying days. The other hundred+ though...