Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    They only exist because blizz wanted to make them for a playable race. Otherwise we'd just have voidy Alleria. They needed a fourth Legion allied race and so made up void elves to balance out Nightborne. I doubt blizzard would have ever made void elves if not for the purpose of rounding out allied races.
    I thought they only existed because blizzard wanted to troll the highelfers? While I have nothing against voidelves but there’s plenty of things they could’ve gone with other then that. They had no story at all in legion while we get nightborne with amazing introduction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    She won't fail, her resolve has never been stronger after completing her training with the ominous Locus-Walker, and her willpower transcends the stars. She alone managed to consume the heart of a dying naaru, something that even the Locus-Walker found interesting. She alone succeeded in defying the shadows' whispers for the first time in the cosmos' long history. No one can stop Alleria now, not the horde, nor the void lords, nor anyone else.

Keep dreaming. All that Alleria will receive in the future is a joyful ending, once she masters the whispers at long last, and claims the phoenix throne that rightfully belongs to her.
    What.....? /walks away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I thought they only existed because blizzard wanted to troll the highelfers? While I have nothing against voidelves but there’s plenty of things they could’ve gone with other then that. They had no story at all in legion while we get nightborne with amazing introduction.
    Both Horde allied races got a fully developed story playable by both factions that made you immerse into their stories only to have half the playerbase experience it further, and a huge fuck you to the Alliance players that enjoyed things like Suramar. What they gave the Alliance was hasty fan service and didn't even deliver and no one on the Horde even gave a shit about not getting.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Night Lolwarrior View Post
    Both Horde allied races got a fully developed story playable by both factions that made you immerse into their stories only to have half the playerbase experience it further, and a huge fuck you to the Alliance players that enjoyed things like Suramar. What they gave the Alliance was hasty fan service and didn't even deliver and no one on the Horde even gave a shit about not getting.
    I wouldn’t call it fan service. The people whom you would expect void elves a service to absolutely hate them. This girl in my guild whom wanted high elves so damn much still to this day won’t stop ranting about how blizz doesn’t know what their high elf fans want. Every once in a while i’ll mention how I wish I had the void elf customizations on my Blood elves just to get her started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I wouldn’t call it fan service. The people whom you would expect void elves a service to absolutely hate them.
    I said hasty, I should've said 'attempted' unlike the 5 allied races in one Orc sampler they gave Horde players, along with upright posture.

This girl in my guild whom wanted high elves so damn much still to this day won’t stop ranting about how blizz doesn’t know what their high elf fans want. Every once in a while i’ll mention how I wish I had the void elf customizations on my Blood elves just to get her started.
    I am not a high elf fan at all. I would've prefer to get the Nightborne and give the Horde well anything who cares, the 'maghar orcs' they got with myriad customisation is more than enough. But considering the void elves are supposedly to placate the Alliance players who wanted Thalassian elves without actually giving them what they want and being arrogant enough to tell them re-roll Horde, it's pretty shitty they didn't stick at least 2 Mag'har Orc tribes on the Alliance just to even things out in the 'go fuck yourself' department that Blizzard loves to direct at the Alliance fan.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

yea and Sylvanas was the best ally against the Scourge. If there's one thing we can count on Windrunners to do it is become the monster they claim to not be.

Vainglorious night elves? Did you read a description of Azshara and apply it to an entire race? Void Elves are useless against the old god shit we face right now. 'defy the whispers' so what? Lots of others defied the whispers too by being smart enough to avoid them. Get it. AVOID.
    Hey mate, i didn't write that above, you quoted the quote i answered, so those aren't my words

Deleted
    I said hasty, I should've said 'attempted' unlike the 5 allied races in one Orc sampler they gave Horde players, along with upright posture.

I am not a high elf fan at all. I would've prefer to get the Nightborne and give the Horde well anything who cares, the 'maghar orcs' they got with myriad customisation is more than enough. But considering the void elves are supposedly to placate the Alliance players who wanted Thalassian elves without actually giving them what they want and being arrogant enough to tell them re-roll Horde, it's pretty shitty they didn't stick at least 2 Mag'har Orc tribes on the Alliance just to even things out in the 'go fuck yourself' department that Blizzard loves to direct at the Alliance fan.
    High-Elf fans clearly don't understand what storytelling is about. They are also completely ignorant about the fact that the Blood Elves are now the ones who hold the Thalassian banner. They are immature babies who want their toys and will keep throwing tantrums again and again. I want Jaina and Alleria to die a horrible death, preferably as raid bosses so I can kill them off personally, and repeat it again and again solo in later expansions. But I know that this will probably never happen because Blizzard has something in store for them. And while I am not satisfied by that knowledge, I can acccept that and move on. High Elfers don't have the capability for that.

Lord Garithos and Zul'jin know how to stabilize elves. Blizzard needs to explore the possibility of us seeking this lost form of knowledge.

A part of me wants the void elves (or even nightborne) to go full Druchii.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Did you need to make a new thread for something that you already posted somewhere else?
    That's amauter thinking. Clearly, when no one gave a shit about what you said it's imperative that you then rub it on everyone's face and ensure no one dares to miss it. The resulting annoyance is mere consequential damage and is a sacrifice worth enduring (for everyone else except the OP, unfortunately).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    A part of me wants the void elves (or even nightborne) to go full Druchii.
    I would rather have them go full filthy frank show. Like having alleria rub butter into her nipples in the middle of stormwind while moaning "Yeeeeeeeeesssss".

Also vomiting chocolate.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2018-09-27 at 08:42 PM.

ELVES ARE ADDICTED TO MAGIC. Its a drug to them, this is canon; and just like any drug the more you use the higher tolerance you build and the deeper you must go to get you fix. Welcome to WC3, WotA books, Varian comics, and every other quest or lore that involves elves.

Right after Warlocks who retained their sanity after diving head first into the fel, and Death knights after controlling their urges to end all life. You are bonkers. I look forward to you being proven wrong when Azshara overloads Alleria's brain and turns her into another squid creature to put down.
    Oh please, Alleria is going to win. She already defied the shadows' whispers, no one, or nothing, can stop her. In that moment of darkness, when her brilliant thoughts were fixated on trying to comprehend the very twisted nature of the darkened naaru L'ura, the Void penetrated her, and infused her with its nefarious power. And in that moment, Alleria was reborn. But she was different. She was unique, she was special, for she had trained extensively under the enigmatic guidance of the ominous Locus-Walker whose will is that of the stars. Point is, Alleria is not your average joe who meddles with powers beyond their understanding and can easily be corrupted. No, Alleria is much different. She is singular. She actually TRAINED EXTENSIVELY to control and restrain those powers. And a pitiful pawn like Azshara will never be able to twist her mental fortitude. Alleria is hardened by strife, empowered by the Void, and protected by her anchor. So long as Arator of the Half-Elves lives, Alleria will always have the upper-hand.

You don't understand that some are simply meant for greatness, as if fate had dictated at birth that they would play a pivotal role in the destiny of all. Alleria is one of those individuals. And the very fact that she was the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers proves it.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-09-27 at 09:12 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would rather have them go full filthy frank show. Like having alleria rub butter into her nipples in the middle of stormwind while moaning "Yeeeeeeeeesssss".

Also vomiting chocolate.
    Is Alleria going to tell Anduin she has a cancer while asking if she can have pizza?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh please, Alleria is going to win. She already defied the shadows' whispers, no one, or nothing, can stop her. In that moment of darkness, when her brilliant thoughts were fixated on trying to comprehend the very twisted nature of the darkened naaru L'ura, the Void penetrated her, and infused her with its nefarious power. And in that moment, Alleria was reborn. But she was different. She was unique, she was special, for she had trained extensively under the enigmatic guidance of the ominous Locus-Walker whose will is that of the stars. Point is, Alleria is not your average joe who meddles with powers beyond their understanding and can easily be corrupted. No, Alleria is much different. She is singular. She actually TRAINED EXTENSIVELY to control and restrain those powers. And a pitiful pawn like Azshara will never be able to twist her mental fortitude. Alleria is hardened by strife, empowered by the Void, and protected by her anchor. So long as Arator of the Half-Elves lives, Alleria will always have the upper-hand.

You don't understand that some are simply meant for greatness, as if fate had dictated at birth that they would play a pivotal role in the destiny of all. Alleria is one of those individuals. And the very fact that she was the first mortal in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers proves it.
    But that's not how WoW works. You can count many characters which huge potential and strong power dying or dropping off. Tirion for example died a rather non-heroic death, Thrall lost his power and went from ultra-shaman to non-existing. I would even say that currently everything points to Alleria dying. A character with so much unstable power is eventually going to get killed, question is if it's going to be during a heroic act of self sacrifice in a cut-scene or as an enemy in a raid, getting pwned by some LFR scrubs.

Deleted

I would rather expect a Dark Phoenix / Dark Willow scenario with Alleria.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    But that's not how WoW works. You can count many characters which huge potential and strong power dying or dropping off. Tirion for example died a rather non-heroic death, Thrall lost his power and went from ultra-shaman to non-existing. I would even say that currently everything points to Alleria dying. A character with so much unstable power is eventually going to get killed, question is if it's going to be during a heroic act of self sacrifice in a cut-scene or as an enemy in a raid, getting pwned by some LFR scrubs.
    What makes Alleria different than all of them? The fact that she is one of the most hyped and anticipated characters in Warcraft, to the point that the loading screen tips were changed THRICE to FORESHADOW her explosive return. The fact that she is one of the most multi-layered, complex, important and developed characters in the Alliance. The fact that she has interacted directly with the Void Lords themselves.

The fact that her story isn't over yet.

And if Alleria died... What would I do?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Deleted
    What makes Alleria different than all of them? The fact that she is one of the most hyped and anticipated characters in Warcraft, to the point that the loading screen tips were changed THRICE to FORESHADOW her explosive return. The fact that she is one of the most multi-layered, complex, important and developed characters in the Alliance. The fact that she has interacted directly with the Void Lords themselves.

The fact that her story isn't over yet.

And if Alleria died... What would I do?
    Complex? Multilayered? My, you must have a simple mind.

Why do you keep trying to justify your ass pull mary sue race?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Complex? Multilayered? My, you must have a simple mind.
    Oh right, because Anduin the brat, Tyrande the housewife, Malfurion the crying bitch, or Greymane the butler are so complex and multi-layered.

Please, Without Alleria Windrunner, and the intrigue and mystery that she brings, literally no one would care about the Alliance. The very fact that there are so many Alleria discussions on ALL SOCIAL MEDIAS is clear proof of that.

Why do you keep trying to justify your ass pull mary sue race?
    I am defending Lady Alleria Windrunner, not the Ren'dorei as a whole. I am not including Magister Umbric or ominous Locus-Walker in my discussion.

Alleria is far from being a Mary Sue because she had to train extensively to get where she is now, her newfound astonishing powers weren't just given to her randomly.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-09-28 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Oh right, because Anduin the brat, Tyrande the housewife, Malfurion the crying bitch, or Greymane the butler are so complex and multi-layered
    I know we never agree on almost anything, but I gotta hand it to you this made me LMAO - if I hadn't already run out of space this would go in my signature HAHA

EDIT:
    I fit it in W00t! lol
    Last edited by mmoc997d567772; 2018-09-28 at 12:56 PM.