Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

tall people on this forum using transport?

what is ur experience flying? bus? train? is small space for legs a problem for u very often? would u pay extra for more leg space?

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    what is ur experience flying? bus? train? is small space for legs a problem for u very often? would u pay extra for more leg space?
    How tall?

I'm 6'1.5" that has longer legs and a shorter torso. On an airplane it is uncomfortable but manageable. Never ridden on a train and the last bus I was on was in middle school so I can't answer for those.

And if I'm flying solo I will often upgrade to first class for the extra room. Flying with the wife and kids, the extra money is too rich for me justify to upgrade all 4 of us, so we usually just fly business class.

10+ Year Old Account
    190cm here. Airplanes are an issue, I grab the seats at the emergency exits whenever possible since they have extra legroom.

I would pay a little extra for more leg space if I'm flying a longer distance.

I'm 6'7" I generally have issues with hitting my head on things, not typically space. It would be nice to have more room in places though, such as arenas where the seating feels like being packed into a sardine can. I'm poor though, so no I wouldn't really pay for more space, I've survived 6 to 8 hour plane flights fine enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    im 6'4" take the train daily. I have to stand up because the seats are too close together on the DART rail. But when I transfer to the TRE train, there is plenty of room.

Planes are always bad for me, I cant quite afford to fly business or first class.

Lack of leg room is always a problem.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Tall people should pay double they take up twice as much room

I'm not super tall (I'm 5'9) but I'm a female who wears heels on occasion and has long legs, so cramped leg room can be an issue. I paid more for extra leg room for my flight from Portland to Anchorage last year, it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm not super tall (I'm 5'9) but I'm a female who wears heels on occasion and has long legs, so cramped leg room can be an issue. I paid more for extra leg room for my flight from Portland to Anchorage last year, it was worth it.
    Isn't that like a 2 hour flight?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I live in the Netherlands, haven't found a issue yet with being tall.

194cm, and I'm a big guy, not a string-bean tall guy.

I hate airplane seats. So uncomfortable. haven't taken a bus or train in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    194cm, and I'm a big guy, not a string-bean tall guy.
    It's morely a width issue in busses than a height issue here.
    Flew once and it wasn't that much of a problem - even tho it was some budget airliner.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-09-28 at 05:47 PM.

Im 6'2, I just deal with the discomfort.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I'm 6'5, I've learned to drive a truck, pay the extra few bucks for the extra few inches of legroom on planes, stand on trains. The transportation industry in general seems to assume everyone is 5'4.

6'5", and it's terrible. But there's nothing to do other than deal with it. Long haul flights are especially bad since some people want to recline their seats, which isn't really possible (depending on the airline, of course).

6'2 long legs, planes are terrible. So are movie theaters where i live. Id gladly pay more for more room

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Isn't that like a 2 hour flight?
    Yeah direct (well...closer to 3) but I took JetBlue so the extra leg room was like $50. $25 each way iirc...I also had the dog with me because I'm a privileged piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    I am 6 foot, 245lbs with horrible arthritis, it sucks but it is the life of giants.

According to google im 6'7'' tall (204cm). Train works fine, but i got to keep my head away from these luggage treys we got here because otherwise it will... really hurt when i stand up. That's all tho. Bus is fine... Plane really isn't. Like... I don't know where to put my legs, im also not build like a stick and that is enough to make me feel very crammed in the few planes i used ever since i grew to these proportions. In germany tho you tend to have little problems getting a spot in your plane with no neighbor without extra pay, so at least if we dont have to wear the seatbelts its doable... but for that matter i tend to prefer train over plane if i get the chance, even if that adds many hours.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

I'm a 5'7'' manlet and my main reason for flying business is leg space.