Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    im stil doing it for ap, after i hit 22 im gonna stop.
    The game is designed so that new gear you get will require a higher azerite power level no matter what. So the grind litterally cannot end.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Yes. I do weekly on 5 characters.
    God, that's depressing.

1) they are boring and take a long time

2) the rewards- *including azerite* per expedition suck
    I was close to leveling my amulet this morning so I ran one.
    250 azerite...which is a bit more than one world quest and less than a rare world quest was the reward. For 15 min of gathering 9k azerite. What the fuck?

The only reason to do it is the weekly....which at this point is still a drop in the bucket. 2500 azerite at neck 22 is shit for what will end up being over an hour of being horribly bored.

I'm still revered with 7th Legion so I do the weekly as I can't pass up that much rep. In their current form though I'm not sure if I would even bother once the azerite is all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    God, that's depressing.
    I know right. Sad that people enjoy the game D: REEEEE.

Islands are quick.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    No, Its even worste than MoP scenarios.

I feel like I have to do the weekly minimum, but once I get to Exalted with the 7th Legion I may not ever do one again. They aren’t enjoyable, and the rewards for that kind of time investment are waaaaaaaaaaay too low.

With a friendly group,mythic expeditions are awesome

The trick is to not see them or play them as a mob grindfest,because on top of being a non-efficient way to do them,it's also really boring

Nah. Boring, unrewarding. The fact that you have no chance of getting any loot (that matters) from it drives down its validity.

But I am at least glad I managed to get a 325 BOE wep early enough that I could sell it for 100k, especially since grinding to revered rep for rank 3 flask recipes turned out to be wholly a waste of time. Crafting flasks comes at a major loss and that is depressing.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2018-09-14 at 06:09 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done the weekly every week so far, but I'm gonna stop doing them from now on since i have enough neck lvl to unlock first two rings on hc gear.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Doing 25+ island adventures a week is the pinnacle of fun
    I genuinely feel sorry for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do it when I'm bored. They are ok.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I just don't understand what went wrong here. The basic concept is grand: explore uncharted islands, adventure, find treasure -- that's all promising stuff. So how did we end up with a rushed grind fest with zero adventure and exploration? I just don't get it.

I guess I'm an odd one out. I enjoy Island Expeditions, both the PvE and the PvP. My issue is I can't justify doing them with finite time beyond the weekly. Why commit to 15-20 minutes for 200-300 azerite when I can do two world quests and get that much or more? It simply isn't rewarding enough for time put in. If I wasn't trying to catch up my new main for my guild I'd probably do them more, but yeah...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy them when I do the weekly but I don’t go out of my way to do them. Rounding up half the island to nuke with the gnome bomb
    Is pretty great.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I do 4 mythics/pvp for my 2 mains but I don’t go out of my way to do them after I cap.
    With a good group that knows what they doing it can take less then 15mins t finish a mythic

If they halved the weekly cap it might make a lot of people not hate them

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    I genuinely feel sorry for you.
    I feel sorry for you and anyone else who plays the game you don't enjoy. 7 days in a week, 5 characters. < 1 hour to cap on each. 5 hours a week to do islands. Don't feel sorry for someone playing the game.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

For the weekly cap, yea.

Yes, no. The azerite weekly even I doubt I'll do once I'm exalted with both reps, that's the main thing pushing me to it. I want to finish my war campaigns and roll my mag'har.