Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Anyone have a list with good skips? Or a youtube vid?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    This early on, I only do this shit with my guild because we're all in Discord and aren't fucking it up. With randoms, I've never skipped shit before but mind you, I only ever did 10s/15s as and when that was the best welfare box of the time. I don't do the tryhard big key bullshit. I grinded out a 10 this week and it wasn't without a bit of fuckery but I wouldn't try that with randoms. If you want to try for that +10 snakeboi with 350ilvl kids from the dungeon finder, you skip all the shit you wanna skip but when Mugumba can't get past the fucking lightning shit, you'll wonder why you even tried.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    I was doing Motherlode+8 and the group wanted to do a skip on the stretch between 3rd and last boss - Basically let tank run in front all the way to last boss with soulstone on healer, die and then mass ress. We fucked this up and did it on 2nd attempt. It still saved quite a bit of time, because the trash is significantly harder than the stuff in the start of the dungeon.

If you are doing this in mythic0 or in the low parts of mythic+, fucking lol.

I'm surprised pugs don't use Method Dungeon Tools to agree on a path before starting the run at this point. It seems like the perfect tool for it. That way you know which skips to expect.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcabaz View Post
    That's the main problem. You should
    Nah he doesn’t have to play by your rules

Very strange thread. If you aren't skipping unnecessary trash do you even understand the point of m+?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    Very strange thread. If you aren't skipping unnecessary trash do you even understand the point of m+?
    The point of m+ isn’t to skip trash. It’s simply a part of the most effective way of completing it for certain groups

Quote Originally Posted by Arcabaz View Post
    That's the main problem. You should
    I think 2 weeks into m+ it is ok for people to not know the 100% perfect farm routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The point of m+ isn’t to skip trash. It’s simply a part of the most effective way of completing it for certain groups
    Ah so skipping trash is only effective for certain groups? Which groups is it not effective for? I'm not saying that the point of m+ is to skip trash. I'm saying that if you aren't skipping trash you don't understand the fundamental part of m+ which is to beat the dungeon as fast as possible.

Is there any up to date guide for good paths for all dungeons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    I've had rogues that don't tell me they are gonna mass stealth, so when I pull the trash instead, they get all butthurt and pull the whole instance.
    I been in my 2nd heroic on my rogue alt yesterday and tank wanted me to skip some trash with group stealth, which I have done. Was not that useful, because healer body-pulled the last pack after we have successfully moved through.

I get the reasoning for skipping some trash, but honestly, in PUGs its better to have a clear way, since you have to kill some amount of trash, anyway. Depends on the tank and DPS of course... and if people manage to handle interrupts / dispels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Unless it's a brain dead easy skip, I'm not doing it in a PUG and I don't care if we kill 125% of trash. It's better then killing 100% with 2 wipes cause Johny Skip over here doesn't actually know how to properly do it and pulls 2 groups.
    Well, that either means you are doing trivial content (compared to your groups equipment) or you don't care about making it in time, where "in time" can mean anything from 3 chesting it (for chances of more loot) to completing it at all (as you are for example content with the level of the m+ for the weekly).

That's absolutely fine, but then all members of the group should also have agreed to those conditions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    3 chesting it (for chances of more loot)
    That's not a thing. Beating the timer by 1 second or 20 minutes gives 3 items always. Failing timer gives 2 items.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    Ah so skipping trash is only effective for certain groups? Which groups is it not effective for? I'm not saying that the point of m+ is to skip trash. I'm saying that if you aren't skipping trash you don't understand the fundamental part of m+ which is to beat the dungeon as fast as possible.

no its beat the dungeon before the timer runs out, thats something different from as fast as possible.
    and if you do it means you can try to do it again but a bit harder, till you reach the lvl of gear/dmg where you need to grind new stuff to complete the next lvl

while im not against skipping, its something you should do only in a non pug with friends or guildies
    pugs lack coordination/communication or all have the different ideas.

for example i was doing shrine 9 yesterday it was going well, way to good for a pug
    so we reach the slope for the 2nd to last boss.

1 persons just pops invis and runs to the back , no communication
    1 person shrouds does the same , no communication so noone walked with him
    the monk cc-ed a mob , post notification he cc-ed something, to this moment i still dont know why he cc-ed it
    the tank just pulled , didnt even knew he could skip it

so we had 2 ppl of wich 1 couldnt go back, the cc-ed mob was so ill timed it ended up making sure we would pull the 2nd patroling pat

end game... wipe, needed to clear those 2 packs (30secs work....) and ended with a completed but depleted key under a minute short, just because 3 ppl had their own ideas and didnt communicate but just did something , so to win 30secs we lost 3mins....

this is pure pug

a guild/friends group on discord would coordinate the skip and have no issue..... my rule is if i dont know you we arnt gonna do niffty stuff to skip

Quote Originally Posted by osmo View Post
    no its beat the dungeon before the timer runs out, thats something different from as fast as possible.
    and if you do it means you can try to do it again but a bit harder, till you reach the lvl of gear/dmg where you need to grind new stuff to complete the next lvl

while im not against skipping, its something you should do only in a non pug with friends or guildies
    pugs lack coordination/communication or all have the different ideas.

for example i was doing shrine 9 yesterday it was going well, way to good for a pug
    so we reach the slope for the 2nd to last boss.

1 persons just pops invis and runs to the back , no communication
    1 person shrouds does the same , no communication so noone walked with him
    the monk cc-ed a mob , post notification he cc-ed something, to this moment i still dont know why he cc-ed it
    the tank just pulled , didnt even knew he could skip it

so we had 2 ppl of wich 1 couldnt go back, the cc-ed mob was so ill timed it ended up making sure we would pull the 2nd patroling pat

end game... wipe, needed to clear those 2 packs (30secs work....) and ended with a completed but depleted key under a minute short, just because 3 ppl had their own ideas and didnt communicate but just did something , so to win 30secs we lost 3mins....

this is pure pug

a guild/friends group on discord would coordinate the skip and have no issue..... my rule is if i dont know you we arnt gonna do niffty stuff to skip
    Except the faster you complete it, the more dungeons you can do per hour. It also levels your key up faster, so you absolutely want to do it as fast as possible.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Often people spend more time trying to skip a small pack, than it would take to actually kill it. And then if the idiots wipe, they have to either try and skip it again, or kill it. Regardless, it's either a 5 seconds gain on the timer, or a 3 miute loss. But apparently many people take that gamble and fails.

If you don't do skipping trash (with invis pot or otherwise) you spend an extra 3-4 minutes in a dungeon, that can easily be the difference between getting a good time or not, I can't tell you the times where we missed a time with 10 seconds or made it by 10 seconds. It's important to know dungeons beforehand though, especially on higher Mythic+.

Method Dungeon Tools is a good addon to plan with, lets you plan your route through a dungeon and easily calculate which mobs you need to kill and which you can skip.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except the faster you complete it, the more dungeons you can do per hour. It also levels your key up faster, so you absolutely want to do it as fast as possible.
    thats an opinion

while most of the times yes me/friends/guildies will try to do it the fastest , but its a side effect and not the intent
    and thats also the issue with current mmo players... you/they play for loot not for exploring and having fun

i've been enjoying this game way more since i stopped hcore raiding last xpack (im in a top100 guild as social atm)

rushing is for ppl with goals that exceed what they are doing (im doing dungeon x on lvl y because it drops item z , not because you enjoy the dungeon or a certrain encounter)
    you are racing to the finish, some ppl enjoy the race itself

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    That's not a thing. Beating the timer by 1 second or 20 minutes gives 3 items always. Failing timer gives 2 items.
    Oh, you're right. Doesn't matter for my argument, though.

Quote Originally Posted by osmo View Post
    thats an opinion

while most of the times yes me/friends/guildies will try to do it the fastest , but its a side effect and not the intent
    and thats also the issue with current mmo players... you/they play for loot not for exploring and having fun

i've been enjoying this game way more since i stopped hcore raiding last xpack (im in a top100 guild as social atm)

rushing is for ppl with goals that exceed what they are doing (im doing dungeon x on lvl y because it drops item z , not because you enjoy the dungeon or a certrain encounter)
    you are racing to the finish, some ppl enjoy the race itself
    Not sure what there is to explore in dungeons you've done 20 times already other than how to do them faster.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU