Poll: Should you be expected to learn English if you live and work in the US?

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are clearly outraged and triggered by all of this, calm down. If people don't want to integrate, that should be their choice. If you don't like it, don't talk to those people. you SJW types do get upset rather easily.
    you are an absolute troll machismo, I got it.
    I am not triggered. I am talking about what is logical and what is not. Common sense. It is ok to not integrate you say? Ok you live in USA? I will move over there, speak some gibberish turkish as my native, and rage at americans who cannot understand me while i collect my paycheck. i dont integrate people, i just came here for ez life. lol gtfo.and according to you, the americans will have to move to another place that can serve them. freedom you called it. mother of god, you are insane.
    Last edited by Gref; 2018-09-18 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Innugammii View Post
    oky ^_^, me and lots, lots , lots of others. ^_^

You are defending something that's above Moronic
    Facts are moronic and not worth defending?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    English is not the official language of the USA.

Rant about it all you like, it just makes you look even more like an ignorant buffoon
    It is the official state language of Florida where all this takes place though. So on that level they should know it if they want to work and live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    you are an absolute troll machismo, I got it.
    I am not triggered. I am talking about what is logical and what is not. Common sense. It is ok to not integrate you say? Ok you live in USA? I will move over there, speak some gibberish turkish as my native, and rage at americans who cannot understand me while i collect my paycheck. i dont integrate people, i just came here for ez life. lol gtfo.and according to you, the americans will have to move to another place that can serve them. freedom you called it. mother of god, you are insane.
    You are clearly triggered, look at your responses.

If you want to move here, speak a foreign language, and be an all-around asshole... that should be your choice. Welcome to the country, you'll fit right in.

If someone does not wish to serve you, that should be their choice. If you do not wish to serve others, that should be your choice. If your manager does not like that you chose to not serve someone, he should be able to fire your ass.

Freedom is fucking awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Innugammii View Post
    oky ^_^, me and lots, lots , lots of others. ^_^

You are defending something that's above Moronic
    You are trying to argue something that is objectively wrong. Don't get pissed at others, because you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    It is the official state language of Florida where all this takes place though. So on that level they should know it if they want to work and live there.
    Only if they are interacting with the government, as that's what it entails.

Deleted
    So not official language of USA, thanks for taking the time to confirm that.

Did people just accidentally support the federal ban on marijuana in states where it's legal?

ya so, again this all takes place in Florida, not in one of the other states in the USA.

Deleted
    ya so, again this all takes place in Florida, not in one of the other states in the USA.
    Not involving local government.

Thanks again for confirming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Did people just accidentally support the federal ban on marijuana in states where it's legal?
    Whatabout what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    That's not the same situation at all. She is living where she always lived, she didn't move country, she didn't move city, she isn't an immigrant seeking better life in a welcoming country. Just because you stole some clay doesn't mean she should learn the occupying force's language in a city where 90% of the population is hungarian.

On the other hand you had "a" problem. Honey, the opposite situation is every day life for the hungarian minority in your hellhole. They literally get beaten up or fined for huge amount of money just for speaking hungarian or putting out the hungarian flag on a national holiday
    Then move the fuck and go back in bozgoria if you don't like it, jesus you bozgorz dont even know common sense let alone history, that place is one of the wost palace in Romania and its run pe a bunch of bozgors that keep beggin for money like gypsy do, your kind is worst then gypsis

- - - Updated - - -

Whatabout what now?
    Do you agree that no state should be allowing the use of marijuana since it is federally banned, which overrules it like you say no federal language overrules a state having a language?

There's areas in European cities where you can't get by without speaking Arabic, so not that surprised by such news - it happens all the time in Europe. But you don't have big chains that have employees there who don't speak the national language.
    A lot of negativity is thrown at the employee of Taco Bell, but the question is, how come Taco Bell has put her in her position? Obviously the interview process and the work in the establishment aren't carried in English. Therefore the problem here is with the company, not the employee.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Then move the fuck and go back in bozgoria if you don't like it, jesus you bozgorz dont even know common sense let alone history, that place is one of the wost palace in Romania and its run pe a bunch of bozgors that keep beggin for money like gypsy do, your kind is worst then gypsis
    Keep dreaming, Radu

- - - Updated - - -

Whatabout what now?
    So how are they suppose to interact with the local gov if they can't speak the language, DMV, Police etc.... they should know English.

So how are they suppose to interact with the local gov if they can't speak the language, DMV, Police etc.... they should know English.
    Nah. That's racist to not have stuff at government building not in the state language.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are clearly triggered, look at your responses.

If you want to move here, speak a foreign language, and be an all-around asshole... that should be your choice. Welcome to the country, you'll fit right in.

If someone does not wish to serve you, that should be their choice. If you do not wish to serve others, that should be your choice. If your manager does not like that you chose to not serve someone, he should be able to fire your ass.

Freedom is fucking awesome.
    That is not how society works. The next time you go to an office remind me to not serve you. Or not teach your children or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    That is not how society works. The next time you go to an office remind me to not serve you. Or not teach your children or whatever.
    Great, don't serve me. I support your freedom, it's a shame you don't support the freedom of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    Keep dreaming, Radu

If you want to hide behind some Meme shit fine by me, meanwhile I live in reality

1- your kind is worst then gypsies
    2-that shitty place is one of the poorest places in Romania and is run by bozgors
    3-Transilvania was is and it will always be part of Romania and you fuckers cant do shit about it

As a European I find it kinda hilarious to watch some of the monolinguals freak over the sudden realization that they might have to start doing what the rest of the civilized world learned to do decades ago and learn a second language. Obviously this taco bell employee was BEYOND out of line and I would've fired the person on the spot, but fact is it's only going to continue in this direction. Hispanic people are not gonna be a minority forever, nationally speaking. Now, do I believe learning to speak English should be a requirement in the United states? Yes, but as far as I'm concerned, the same goes for Spanish.

English may be the majority spoken language, but fact is America has NO official language. America is an infant compared to Europe in terms of its age. Europe has had millennia to grow its various sets of cultural, linguistic and national identities. You on the other hand are a nation of immigrants. Take ANY one of you and see how many generations you'll have to go back before finding immigrants. It won't be many. So no, English should not take primacy over Spanish, and vice versa, if you live in the United States and you don't speak English then in my book you're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by wartech; 2018-09-18 at 01:03 PM.

well the woman's english accent sounds bad
    I'm sure it must be easy to say "1 taco por favor"
    the woman says we are in America, of course, America is a continent with multiple languages, not a country -_- duh
    Of course the worker should learn English for sales purpouses, even if most people speak/know spanish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Do you agree that no state should be allowing the use of marijuana since it is federally banned, which overrules it like you say no federal language overrules a state having a language?
    The language statute in Florida means state's government has to in English. That is all.

An state's rights being trumped by federal law is far more complex than can be typed into a post like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Google can tell you things about stuff.

Give it a try.