Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I make a killing as an Alchemist without the use of Sanguicells, so... meh!

Also: Future resource vendors where we can trade them in? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Nobody is going to feel bad for alchemists or herbalists. They make a killing every expansion, boo hoo that not every single thing is for those professions. Soon enough they will make a vendor for them and you can go and buy up a bunch of anchor weed and make 100k in flasks in a few minutes. Sanguicell is also junk for pretty much every profession, sure others can use them for things, but they are bop except the engi mount and by the time you get enough to make something you should be well past the point of needing that item.
    They could make it so Sanguicell only drops for those who can use it. Since it's soulbound anyway, why have it drop for those who can't use it?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the very least I feel like they should have a vendor to trade these in for something, same as hydrocore and expulsion as well.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel you. I'm alch and ench and it's completely useless.

Also, kick in the teeth that it's "epic" quality, as you think you might have got an item but it's just a dumb crafting material.

Agree. Professions have been poorly designed. Even worse than Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    They could make it so Sanguicell only drops for those who can use it. Since it's soulbound anyway, why have it drop for those who can't use it?
    So people can use them later or change professions. The raid bop mats always drop for everyone, how would limiting who can get them improve anything?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Thank you Blizzard for making this useful to 3 professions only
    You are overestimating even that. My main, a Mage, has skinning/leatherworking. I have no use for either Sanguicell or Hydrocore. And I don't intend to drop the Leatherworking as I have some no longer obtainable recipes on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust Trader Mittens View Post
    I guess for certain servers. In mine its not worth the time invested. Anchor weed and Siren's pollen are the only thing worth farming and the competition is heavy.

The only places herbs aren't worth much are lower population servers where most new mats are much cheaper than other servers. On those all profession suffer, if herbing isn't worthwhile the other ones certainly wouldn't be either.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

My solution would be to add 're-materializer' recipes to Alchemy and Engineering. they would cost 3 [Sanguicell] to craft. alchemy gets re-materialization to Cloth and Leather, Engineering gets re-materialisation to Mail and Plate.
    This would solve both the uselessness of Sanguicell for Alchemy and engineering, as well as the uselessness for non Armor class matched crafters.

An example

Alchemy gets to craft a [Re-materialize Cloth]: 'Use of this item transmutes one piece of any armor type to Cloth armor. (Only usable on Crafted 'Binds when Picked Up' Battle for Azeroth Epic armors)'
    This would transform [Emblazoned Tempest Boots], [Emblazoned Mistscale Boots] or [Emblazoned Stormsteel Girdle] into [Emblazoned Deep Sea Gloves]

Just give Alchemists a better trinket to craft. Could not be unbalancing, since those are always alchemists-only. But at least we would be able to do something with them.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trust Trader Mittens View Post
    I guess for certain servers. In mine its not worth the time invested. Anchor weed and Siren's pollen are the only thing worth farming and the competition is heavy.

Anchor weed is 900g per on my server.

We're considered a low/medium pop server and anchor weed is going for 700-1200g/herb...

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Close second: Prostitution.
    I sell the right for anal penetration in gold shire all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Guys I just cleared Uldir and got plenty of Sanguicell https://www.wowhead.com/item=162461/sanguicell and I gotta tell you, getting that in place of gold or loot is probably the best thing ever. No really, I have it in my bags right now and I feel so damn epic. I cant craft anything with it but the fact that it dropped and I can stare at the purple text makes it all WORTH EVERY SECOND! WOOT!

Thank you Blizzard for making this useful to 3 professions only, not trade-able AND best of all, NOT bound to my account so that I could trade it to one of my other toons who currently does have Blacksmithing.

Keep up the good work
    Nice rant buddy.

People said the same about Bloods of Sargeras at the start of Legion, 'uh?

Blizz recently officially commented that they are going to find uses for mats like Sanguicell for Alchemists.

Are you all dense? It is not a question that sanguinecell are worthless for some professions but a fact that blizz fucked up professions even more with all this soulbound nonsense. Let LW, Tailor and Blacksmith make their gold with sellable 370 or even 385 stuff. I would buy some pieces on my main because i don't want to drop my profs just so i can grind up LW to get rid of the cells.

Professions need to be more boe and less bop. Atleast make the shit accbound.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Deleted
    Alchemy has always been fucked when it comes to these items. Since Cataclysm I've really only done inscription to earn money. Flasks aren't even worth it, because the mats are so expensive.

Hell just the time it takes to buy herbs from this terrible auction house is not worth the gold you make with it.

They already said they're discussing what to do with them so just hold them.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just hoard until you have 500 Sanguicell, drop herbalism for a crafting profession (LW/BS/Tailoring), craft 2x 385 item, go back to herbalism. Was that so hard to think of? You can even scrap and recraft the 385 a few times for bis stats since you should have plenty of expulsom, being an alchemist who can transmute the stuff.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Nobody is going to feel bad for alchemists or herbalists. They make a killing every expansion, boo hoo that not every single thing is for those professions.
    Herbalists yes, but Alchemist make nothing. Right now flasks cost almost double to make than what they sell for. Without a lot of procs you will lose gold on everything you craft as an alchemist.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.