Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Am I the only one? WoD Garrison hang out

So I stopped playing for Legion, not bwecause I quit WoW but life and other games came along. Decided to come back for BfA and it's...ok..so far. Anyways I'm finding I hang out 90% of my idle time in my characters Garrisons.

Am I the only one that likes to hang out there? For Horde it's a nice relaxing snowy area and I can have everything I want close to hand, a means to do some crafting, AH stuff, banking etc.

Who else enjoys hanging out in their WoD Garrison as opposed to the whole BfA areas? I've not done Class Halls yet so not sure how they end up, but same goes I guess...who likes to hang in their Class Hall instead of racial capitals?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    So I stopped playing for Legion, not bwecause I quit WoW but life and other games came along. Decided to come back for BfA and it's...ok..so far. Anyways I'm finding I hang out 90% of my idle time in my characters Garrisons.

Am I the only one that likes to hang out there? For Horde it's a nice relaxing snowy area and I can have everything I want close to hand, a means to do some crafting, AH stuff, banking etc.

Who else enjoys hanging out in their WoD Garrison as opposed to the whole BfA areas? I've not done Class Halls yet so not sure how they end up, but same goes I guess...who likes to hang in their Class Hall instead of racial capitals?
    Since I mostly play alliance I dont hang out in my garrison. I would probably do it if I played horde alot. I like snowy zones better.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post

Pretty much, yeah. I still keep the garrison rolling for the gold generation. I begin and end each play period there.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I miss my class hall a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    I miss my class hall a lot more.
    I still go there to keep rep and argunite missions going for mog and that thrice-accursed rug.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Can you make some money in the Garrison too, or is it just useful with the things you mentioned? I was thinking of upgrading mine as well. Having skipped whole WoD.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Deleted
    No thanks, I've spent enough time AFK in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I still hearth to my garrison a lot. I was never a fan of the Horde version but the Alliance garrison is relaxing and quite a nice place to be. Especially if kitted out with AH and other amenities.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    only hang out there to grab mats and do missions so I can keep selling hexweave bags
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

I spend most of my time in Dalaran Never really liked Garrisons and being all alone.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Can you make some money in the Garrison too, or is it just useful with the things you mentioned? I was thinking of upgrading mine as well. Having skipped whole WoD.
    50g per work order from the barn for the blood, plus the value of the leather and cloth, which is 100-250g a stack. Blackrock ore is pretty worthless, but true iron ore is actually selling better than it did in Legion, 350-400g per stack. Add in various small things like salvage and such for such minimal effort I'd say it's still worth it.

I do.

People can hate all they want but I love Garrison and think it was best thing in whole WoD. Being landlord who can build his own base from the scratch, hire people and so on is really great. I actually hated class halls in Legion because it broke immersion - you were supposed chosen one DK/Warrior/etc but had herd of people around "your" hall with the same "unique and rare" powerful weapons.

On my alts I always level in Draenor and each my alt have T3 Garrison. Shadowmoon Valley is also great place to hang around waiting while your raid form up or you waiting for group to form for weekly m+ zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    No thanks, I've spent enough time AFK in there.
    That's a "you" problem, not the game's. I only play one toon, was unemployed during most of WoD, and there were still days I didn't get everything done Draenor had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That's a "you" problem, not the game's. I only play one toon, was unemployed during most of WoD, and there were still days I didn't get everything done Draenor had to do.
    Same thing there! I still don't have all followers unlocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hang out there, per se; but I do preffer it over capitals for services that it provides. Low loading time, no lag (I am looking at you, Stormwind...), everything is very close, and the area generally looks really nice. Plus my favourite pets walking around is something I quite like.

I guess part of why Azerite gear feels so underwelming is that you have no "hub" to go to where you manage your gear. I know it's kind of pointless but it would feel more special if you'd have to consult at least a big cool forge in the capital city. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    Same thing there! I still don't have all followers unlocked.
    Glad to see someone agrees with me. Every time I saw the "there's no content" threads I had to wonder if I was playing a different game than they were. Pet battles, apexis quests, random heroic for valor, all the dungeons done on mythic over the course of the week, and raiding three nights a week. I'd go to bed at night, and as I'm dozing off I'd go "D'oh I forgot to do X today. Make a note to do it first tomorrow." Then I'd forget something else.

Deleted
    Yeah I do. I also miss Ashran...

I only use my garrison to generate the Goblin Glider Kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I spend most of my time in Dalaran Never really liked Garrisons and being all alone.
    But Dalaran is empty now.