Overpower and Slam

I have two test of might traits at this moment in this and at that point I was told you should only use slam if you have over 60 rage in order to pool for Colossus Smash.

In the icy veins guide it prioritizes overpower over slam, does that include when I'm about to be rage capped and waste rage? I tend to have a TON of overpower procs to spend so this is pretty important to me so I don't waste dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity46 View Post
    I have two test of might traits at this moment in this and at that point I was told you should only use slam if you have over 60 rage in order to pool for Colossus Smash.

In the icy veins guide it prioritizes overpower over slam, does that include when I'm about to be rage capped and waste rage? I tend to have a TON of overpower procs to spend so this is pretty important to me so I don't waste dps.
    You shouldn't find yourself in this situation if you stick to only using Skullcrusher at <60 rage.

Hi, and dont want to make advertising, but look at my WeakAuras (https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Auras-Easy-Way!).
    I am sure they will increase your DpS if you follow the rotation they provide you.
    And yes, it is advisable that you use slam over 60 rage. You will have more than enough rage to use all your abilities. Just give it a try.

Sometimes I find myself using slam even under 60 rage, to just decrease Warbreaker and BS cd and be ready for a burst window, or during Heroism.
    So take the rule "don't slam under 60 rage!" with a bit of salt...

As long as MS does not sit on CD, use every GCD you possibly can with an attack, obviously try not to use spells that cost no rage during warbreaker with test of might, but most of the time you will run out of rage and will have to overpower once depending on gear and procs.

No slam under 60 rage sounds like a dumbfuck idea, you just need to get the feel of your rage regen and get a nice swing timer.
    also cooldown sync to mechanics and events in a raid is far more important than 1 or two more spells worth of rage during test of might.
    Last edited by Chowder; 2018-09-17 at 11:01 AM.