Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    then at the end captain america kinda held him off? thanos should have been able to send him flying with a flick of his finger
    Cap was holding Thanos' gloved hand:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Simply wearing the glove doesn't make him stronger. It allows him to use the stones. If he doesn't see an attack coming, or doesn't react in time, he's going to get hit. And, I think you'll find, that even after being hit and allowing Thor to spit on him a bit he still came out smiling at his retirement cottage.
    Ye, no. He blasted the hammer with a fully gemmed Gauntlet and couldn't stop it. They simply adjust power levels to fit the story and drama. Just like in the picture above.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-12-06 at 11:22 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Cap was holding Thanos' gloved hand:

Ahm... is this a movie error? Where are the other infinity stones?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Unfinished trailer footage?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Seems a bit old hat to me, I'll likely wait for the TV release.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    That was them hiding the gems in the trailer.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Sanctum View Post
    This year they have given her a soft reboot to her backstory and her comic is readable again (Life of Captain Marvel). Her run from 2012 to 2017 was horrid.

I was really into Warbird though, Carol Danvers as Warbird will always be my favourite, I loved her character back then, her 80's, to her late 90's run was probably my favourite Carol Danvers era. She was arrogant and stubborn. She was always this hot head overconfident making her very flawed. But she was still likable.

I know now days she has become the face of this 'SJW' comics movement and that is so sad, because she has always been such a great character the fact people are poisoning her character this way makes me sad. Give her new run a chance, I think people will like her again
    So... she's like Starbuck from the new BSG? That'd make a great, flawed, hot-headed, funny character.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Meanwhile the Avengers trailer drops Wednesday. I suspect Thanos will make a cameo at the very end of Cap Marv trailer
    O rlllllyyyy?
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    You have to realise though that Black Panther made a kicking in the cinema because 1. It was a Marvel movie and all the previous Marvel movies have built up trust in the franchise so people were very willing to go watch it regardless and 2. The current political climate dictated that it had to succeed. There have been extremely garbage movies that have still been giving praise just because they fit the current political narrative.

Black Panther wasn't that great of a movie. Entertaining, sure. But if it had a white male as a lead it would be thrown in the same batch as Thor 1 and Iron Man 2. Captain Marvel will recieve praise for similar reasons, regardless of how good it is. I however feel that it has to be succesfull, as it feels as if Avengers 4 relies a lot on the succesfull implementation of Captain Marvel as she is going to be a large force that picks the Avengers back up after the defeat in Infinity War.

Should Captain Marvel fail, the final movie in Tony Starks / Steve Rogers arc is going to take a big blow.
    You're welcome to not think BP was a great movie, but let's not pass off your BS opinion (highlighted in bold) as some sort of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    So... she's like Starbuck from the new BSG? That'd make a great, flawed, hot-headed, funny character.
    Depends on who is writing her, but yeah that is a fair analogy to her character in most cases. We'll see which version we get of Capt Marvel when the movie hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    O rlllllyyyy?
    It was delayed because of the presidential funeral. Trailer drops tomorrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    You're welcome to not think BP was a great movie, but let's not pass off your BS opinion (highlighted in bold) as some sort of fact.
    It kind of is though. The less of a white man you are the more important you are considered (according to the most recent political trends). So when they made a big budget movie staring a black or female lead a lot of people will praise the movie as better than it really is in order to score political points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I completely disagree. Thor 1 and Iron Man 2 aren't even really entertaining movies, they are just bad. Black Panther wasn't bad, and it was very entertaining. I do agree that it was overhyped as fuck though. It's around ant-man levels of good in reality.
    Suppose it comes down to preferense. I personally wasn't to impressed by either T'Challa or Killmonger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    I have no idea who Starbuck is :S

It kind of is though. The less of a white man you are the more important you are considered (according to the most recent political trends). So when they made a big budget movie staring a black or female lead a lot of people will praise the movie as better than it really is in order to score political points.
    The large number of pasty white old dudes in various places of power (see further government and corporations) disagree with your assessment. Saying you're more important if you're not white is just falling for the trap argument that minorities wanting to be represented somehow diminishes white people. It doesn't.

And the movie is more than just a main character that's a black dude. It's also steeped in assorted African culture tidbits and celebrates all of it in a way that's never been seen on the big screen before. Note this is not a comment on whether the movie was good or bad, but you can't distill a film like this into just "main character is a black dude".

Also, its not like Black Panther is some insanely obscure character that they had to dig through a pile of dusty old comics to find. So it's one thing to say that there might have been some advertisement done to score social points (not really political points), but its a pretty dramatic leap to assume the movie was made just because BP is a black dude.

I mean, Marvel put out a film with a talking raccoon and a tree person. Was that done to score points?

I think the other dimension to this is that these kinds of movies always have something to prove. Hollywood in tends to be very set in its ways, especially when it comes to high budget movies. White males as leads are still considered a safe bet in many genres, especially action and superhero ones. Movies like Black Panther, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel still kind of have to prove that their respective types of lead can carry a high grossing movie. Sure, some people also have their political trends, but a lot of others just want non-standard leads to succeed to have more variety. But sadly, studio excecs will take any chance they can get to make their movies more popular, so they sometimes try to extra-appeal to the former crowd -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I think the other dimension to this is that these kinds of movies always have something to prove. Hollywood in tends to be very set in its ways, especially when it comes to high budget movies. White males as leads are still considered a safe bet in many genres, especially action and superhero ones. Movies like Black Panther, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel still kind of have to prove that their respective types of lead can carry a high grossing movie. Sure, some people also have their political trends, but a lot of others just want non-standard leads to succeed to have more variety. But sadly, studio excecs will take any chance they can get to make their movies more popular, so they sometimes try to extra-appeal to the former crowd -.-
    Agreed.

The pitiful part is that one of the biggest issues female leads have is that people can't seem to write any good female characters (slight overestatement). The one real good female lead I can think of is Rippley from the Alien series, and that character was written without any gender attatched to it. It seems like writers put to many barries up when making female characters that just aren't there when they make male characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    The large number of pasty white old dudes in various places of power (see further government and corporations) disagree with your assessment. Saying you're more important if you're not white is just falling for the trap argument that minorities wanting to be represented somehow diminishes white people. It doesn't.

And the movie is more than just a main character that's a black dude. It's also steeped in assorted African culture tidbits and celebrates all of it in a way that's never been seen on the big screen before. Note this is not a comment on whether the movie was good or bad, but you can't distill a film like this into just "main character is a black dude".

Also, its not like Black Panther is some insanely obscure character that they had to dig through a pile of dusty old comics to find. So it's one thing to say that there might have been some advertisement done to score social points (not really political points), but its a pretty dramatic leap to assume the movie was made just because BP is a black dude.

I mean, Marvel put out a film with a talking raccoon and a tree person. Was that done to score points?
    I'm not talking about Marvel itself. I'm talking to peoples reaction to it. Black Panther was going to happen obviously, it's a staple character in the Marvel universe and therefore deserved a spot in the MCU. However, when the movie was released and featured a lot of black characters in their cast it was obvious a lot of the ratings done for the movie was to push the whole diversity agenda. Quite certain a lot of people praised the movie mainly to not come across as racists and score political points, because if anyone did criticize it (fairly that is) they would still have been slammed by the left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I liked them both, I thought they were pretty strong characters that made the movie entertaining just based on that. I did think the CGI was really bad, but I fucking love Michael B Jordan.
    I thought it was hard to root for T'Challa, because he didn't seem like an inspiring hero to me. He had just OP powers and the second he lost them he got shat on.
    I also thought Killmonger was a bit to one dimensional.

Deleted
    It looks ok-ish. The character does't seem all that interesting to me, but maybe it's still fun.

But honestly, couldn't they find an actress with at least a little bit of charisma for the role? She seems to have none at all.

she has the same expression.. always. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    she has the same expression.. always. smh
    nah mannnnn this trailer had TWO scenes where she smiled.

Dont be sexist.

Not gonna lie im gonna watch this movie just to see how they handle the sex issue.

Jude law is in it so I have hope its like wonder woman and doesnt make the men complete morons and can just be a balanced well told story with a female lead without the bullshit which is what we all want as movie fans.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Just like how Black Panthar was the first black hero film and completely ignore blade. People have crap memories
    For real, MJW should have played T'challa's dad. hell he could have played the main role and absolutely killed it