Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 92 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Without getting dragged into politics, I just think its not a very good movie. Plot, script, characters, visuals were all pretty weak. CGI was DC level of bad also.

So I'm not sure how I feel about the Skrull reveal. On one hand, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't play up the whole "who is a Skrull?!" angle for established characters...but on the other, it would have probably done more harm than good to have someone turn out to have been a Skrull all along. And they basically did that with Hydra and SHIELD in Winter Soldier already. Besides, now that they've been introduced, it does leave the option open for something to happen with them in the future. Maybe with a rogue faction/extremist.

But my thoughts on the movie as a whole can basically be summed up by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    One of the B line marvel movies from what i saw, nothing more, nothing less.

Side note, but seeing her go Super Saiyan really makes me wish the Dragon Ball movie could have been made by people who gave a fuck about the franchise...
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-03-10 at 06:41 PM.

What I really love was the opening sequence with Stan Lee cameos. Really awesome stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I doubt she's going to do that much. She's hardly more powerful than Thor now (who tanked the heat of a star, can teleport across the cosmos instantly, solo entire armies and could have one-shot Thanos with all the stones) and without his gauntlet Mr. Purple seems hardly a match for either of them in a fight. Endgame's conflict isn't going to be resolved just by punching Thanos in the face or blasting him with lazers, and apart from piloting these are Marvel's only significant skills.

At least that's how I see it. If all the Avengers need to end this is some incredibly overpowered character, they already have him. She may be important but I'm pretty sure stuff like the Quantum Realm will be moreso. Ant-Man, savior of the universe?
    I hope she doesn't have much of a role because this is really starting to feel like some random character showing up as Frodo and Sam get to the base of Mount Doom only to have said random previously unseen character take the ring the rest of the way. Everything else aside this would be the biggest let down with the most dissatisfying ending to otherwise fantastic journey. It would have been much better to bring her or any character in after End Game and have them disconnected from the previously setup storyline.

on that twist about Kree.

I guess its new to movie goers or something... but even then, Ronan is not exactly a good guy, but in any case, if you watch agents of shield, Kree are THE bad guys.
    they essentially seeded humanity with their dna, just so that they could activate them and use them as soldiers. to be honest, I'm surprised that they didn't use that multi season subplot for Carol and just made her a particularly powerful inhuman, and no, it would not be boring just because Quake is one, but I guess they didnt want association with that awful show or something? in any case, Kree being bad guys really isn't much of a twist.

And no doubt im just a girl song choice was a wall of cringe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakenews View Post
    Already 720p Torrent out, downloaded it last night and watched it, It's below average to mediocre for MCU standards, good popcorn flick, nothing more.
    A 720p what? 720p cam recording?

10+ Year Old Account
    Went and saw it Friday night. Really enjoyed it. I want to go back and see it again.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    What I really love was the opening sequence with Stan Lee cameos. Really awesome stuff
    I really think they should have saved that for Endgame. It would have been way more fitting to put that in front of the biggest movie ever.

People who think the twist with the kree was an actual surprise ... did u not see Ronan? Hurrrrr these must be bad guys if Ronan is kree hurr

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    They still might. My guess is that this is was his last movie cameo. I certainly don't want them to CGI cameo him into movies.
    They could use it again but the thunder has already been stolen a bit. I believe they filmed a bunch of his cameos in advance so we may still see him for a few more films.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I hope she doesn't have much of a role because this is really starting to feel like some random character showing up as Frodo and Sam get to the base of Mount Doom only to have said random previously unseen character take the ring the rest of the way. Everything else aside this would be the biggest let down with the most dissatisfying ending to otherwise fantastic journey. It would have been much better to bring her or any character in after End Game and have them disconnected from the previously setup storyline.
    You're probably right. The story is overloaded with characters as it is, they trimmed some of them the hard way (at least for a time) but that still leaves us with an already massive roster that must now make room for a character that is either first or second on the powerscale of heroes. You can sideline a Black Widow or Ant-Man if required, but a Superman-tier character is another matter entirely and it'll look weird if she doesn't do enough and feel shoe-horned in if she does too much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the movie for what it was, pretty much an exposition dump.

That being said, I'm somewhat confused as to what Marvel is going to add to End Game. Her power is, effectively, that of a single infinity stone. That is nothing to sneeze at, it puts her on a level comparable to the likes of Dr Strange or Vision... but still probably slightly weaker than Thor. And she doesn't seem to have any particularly special skills that the Avengers didn't have access to previously. She's not going to out-punch Thor or Hulk, she's not smarter than Strange or Stark, Star-Lord and multiple others are capable pilots, Vision and Scarlet Witch had top tier energy manipulation... ultimately she's an extremely capable all-around character, but the Avengers roster with her in End Game still looks weaker than it did before the end of Infinity War.

If anything, I think Ant-Man has more to offer than Marvel. Sure, he's nowhere near as powerful as she is, but he brings an ability that is unique to him and opens up new possibilities that were unavailable to the Avengers in Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Captain Marvel grossed an estimated $302.0M internationally this weekend, including $89.3M from China. Global total stands at $455.0M.
    https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...64802134491138
    But I was told by very reputable people on this forum that this movie was going to tank! I demand a recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    But I was told by very reputable people on this forum that this movie was going to tank! I demand a recount.
    Reviews way up and revenue way up it's very bigly. I'm done here 7/10 movie that's gonna do amazing while battle angle alita gets cucked sad times.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoyed it and have also enjoyed seeing all the conservative snowflakes getting triggered and trying so hard to tank the movie ratings lol.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    while battle angle alita gets cucked sad times.
    Is that movie actually any good? I haven't been paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    And she doesn't seem to have any particularly special skills that the Avengers didn't have access to previously.
    I'm going to assume it has something to do with either her connection to the stone's power and/or her ability to...you know...travel faster than light without a spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to assume it has something to do with either her connection to the stone's power and/or her ability to...you know...travel faster than light without a spaceship.
    The audience loves it but critics shunned the movie while captain marvel is apparently underwhelming. It's fun watching both sides play defense.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I didnt hate it. I think 6/10 is a fair score. I still think Brie is miscast. She’s just not believable in this kind of role and when she speaks, she sounds like a little kid. Emily Blunt, Katee Sackhoff, Kathryn Winnick, etc. would have been way better for this role.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Its "good". Its something that looks spectacular on the big screen and in 3D but the ending is rushed and open ended. The critics didn't hate the movie but were quite happy to point out the flaws.

Its at least worth seeing for the spectacle alone.