Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

I'm seeing it tonight, but i personally don't really mind the idea of going back to a "phase 1 feel" for an origin story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Its possible to make a good movie that's part of a trilogy and still have a good concise ending. Alita and Infinity War both failed to have good endings. Alita had a rushed resolution that was pretty unsatisfactory. It almost felt like they ran out of time and/or money to complete it. IW felt like shit. End Game might redeem it

Each LOTR movie as well as the original Star Wars trilogy had satisfying endings whilst still being a part of a greater whole. Hell the Hobbit and the prequel SW movies had better endings then Alita or IW even though they're worse movies.
    youre crazy. IW had one of the ebst ending of any hollywood tentpole film in a generation. the best of all the marvel movies. i wonder how end game is going to compete with it, personally.

Someone invited me to go see it, if they didn't i would have skipped it. From what ive heard its thor 2 iron man 3 bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I haven't seen Alita but disagree on Infinity War. It had a great ending. It was the perfect conclusion for its hero, Thanos.

In any case, I think it's silly to demand multiple part films have endings within them. Sure we have to wait two years for Endgame, but for decades after people will be marathoning those films.
    IW was too heavily reliant on pre-destination. Its ending was predictable and hollow. Oh well, it was ok window dressing from some good action set pieces.

It could be that I've been spoiled by movies like Empire Strikes Back and simply have higher expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Someone invited me to go see it, if they didn't i would have skipped it. From what ive heard its thor 2 iron man 3 bad
    The critics on RT apparently loved it, which means it's complete shit that can only be enjoyed while snorting drugs through the $100 bills Disney gave you for your compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyMcDerp View Post
    The critics on RT apparently loved it, which means it's complete shit that can only be enjoyed while snorting drugs through the $100 bills Disney gave you for your compliance.
    i love this argument. "people who know more about film liked it, therefore it's bad."

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    I saw it yesterday and can only speak for myself but I don't understand where all the negativity comes from. I really liked it, it's well above Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i love this argument. "people who know more about film liked it, therefore it's bad."
    I think you mean, "people who get paid to review movies don't want to get banned from early screenings"

I pretty ignore profession crytics i much rather hear the opnion of someone with similar taste. All a movie has to do is entertain me. SW 8 didn't so i told my friend not to see it. What captain marvel is concerned ill see it on saterday. If it sucks it sucks, if ut doesn't it doesn't

I think you mean, "people who get paid to review movies don't want to get banned from early screenings"
    That article...doesn't make the point you think it makes. It literally shows Disney tried to ban someone from the screenings, and the critics were so against it that Disney had to back down and lift the ban. It literally shows that Disney trying to ban critics DOESN'T WORK.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That article...doesn't make the point you think it makes. It literally shows Disney tried to ban someone from the screenings, and the critics were so against it that Disney had to back down and lift the ban. It literally shows that Disney trying to ban critics DOESN'T WORK.
    Not everyone is the LA Times.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me I wanna see it, its a matter of do i want to see it over the weekend or do i want to wait for Blu-Ray?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Not everyone is the LA Times.
    Which is totally irrelevant. You think the critical backlash Disney got for trying to ban someone came from a bunch of critics who were really big on the LA Times but don't give a fuck about any others?

Which is totally irrelevant. You think the critical backlash Disney got for trying to ban someone came from a bunch of critics who were really big on the LA Times but don't give a fuck about any others?
    Yes. I do.

Yes. I do.
    If you truly believe something that fucking stupid, I see why you picked your username, then.

Quote Originally Posted by hhm88 View Post
    I saw it yesterday and can only speak for myself but I don't understand where all the negativity comes from. I really liked it, it's well above Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 for me.
    I quit reading after the first 10 words but for a good reason.

People now a days can't ever speak for themselves. They read a review, skip the movie, and bash said movie without ever laying eyes on it. Its so comical it hurts.

Reading reviews, it really seems like people are desperately trying to look for nice ways of saying that its not very good. Ill be seeing it tomorrow so Ill form my own opinion but the reviews seem to echo my first impressions from the trailers. Mainly that Brie is pretty bland.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Reading reviews, it really seems like people are desperately trying to look for nice ways of saying that its not very good. Ill be seeing it tomorrow so Ill form my own opinion but the reviews seem to echo my first impressions from the trailers. Mainly that Brie is pretty bland.
    This is why I avoid reviews. You cannot possibly enjoy a movie if you read dozens of reviews and go in with a negative mindset. Once you do that, your mind is already made up at that point.

If you truly believe something that fucking stupid, I see why you picked your username, then.
    If you truly buy the shit movie critics are selling, then I'm not sure you can really see much.

If you truly buy the shit movie critics are selling, then I'm not sure you can really see much.
    If you truly buy the shit that most people are selling without formulating your own opinion, then i'm not sure you can really see much.

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    This is why I avoid reviews. You cannot possibly enjoy a movie if you read dozens of reviews and go in with a negative mindset. Once you do that, your mind is already made up at that point.
    Not true. Aquaman didnt review very well. Much worse than Captain Marvel and I loved that movie. I like to read reviews but I don’t put THAT much stock in them.