Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I liked Fury and young Coulson in the trailer. The rest was pretty underwhelming. I'm not that familiar with the comic character (meaning I never heard from her until the end of Infinity War), but this looked extremly bland.

I see, the people who don't even read comics already whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    superman is pretty relateable.
    Clark Kent is relate-able, Superman not so much.

This looks good, I loved that the first shot of the teaser is of a Blockbuster. You totally know it's the 90's then.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Warlock's powers don't solely rely on the Soul Gem, as Vision's did on the Mind Gem in the MCU. Vision was weak in IW because the plot reduced him to just being the housing for the gem. Even in CW and AoU he only uses his density control once or twice, because he could basically evade any harm by just shifting density.
    To be fair, when he got stabbed from behind the first time, he said it stopped his phasing. Wanda asked how that was possible and he said it shouldn't be. So they didn't really ignore his density control so much as the Black Order's weapon jacked it up.

Regarding trailer: Seeing Mar-Vell suited up was my favorite part. As another mentioned, punching the old lady was a highlight for me as well. I'd have dug the scene of her hanging upside down restrained for being a cool first reveal of the full costume, but we'd seen promo photos already. I still have low interest in the film, though. The majority of my height of collecting X-Men and Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel was in a coma for a long time.

However....

If Marvel wove her lack of memories to include time as Ms. Marvel and being in a coma? Absolute brilliance as it lays a foundation for them to have a properly powerful Rogue in the future if they wished. It would also set the groundwork for her to have been Ms Marvel and allow the hero fangirling of Khan to take the moniker in the future.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-09-18 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Black Panther was relatively obscure for non comic book fans and look how well that did.
    It was hyped a lot by the SJW crowd though, same as with Wonder Women. It easily made the news every day for weeks.

Deleted
    Not really, he's an alien who's kinda 'lucky' to have crash landed on a planet whoms sun boosts his physical attributes a thousandfold.

What makes Superman relatable is that he has characteristical flaws. Most of the time he's a naive boyscout who does good in the hope that people will follow his example. When multiple interpretations of the character realise that's probably never gnna happen, he's quick to use his powers to impose his totalitarian will to force people to behave. This and other conflicts within his character is what make him relateable, not the actual flawnessness and perfection of his power.

If Captain Marvel is flawless in both characteristic and power level, that's where it stops for most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felt like a pretty "safe" trailer. Didn't swing at all in a girl-power direction, we don't see her nuking planets, we got some hints of other characters we know and love, so yeah, felt like a safe, straight-forward trailer.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It was hyped a lot by the SJW crowd though, same as with Wonder Women. It easily made the news every day for weeks.
    Oh definitely. Even celebrities and media helped. I wonder if the same will happen to this movie.

He is more relatable now yes. But the older and earlier versions of him, not so much. He definitely has become more human. Heroes are more interesting when they have limits and flaws.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    To be fair, when he got stabbed from behind the first time, he said it stopped his phasing. Wanda asked how that was possible and he said it shouldn't be. So they didn't really ignore his density control so much as the Black Order's weapon jacked it up.
    Yeah I caught that, but some cannon-fodder henchman (which is what the Black Order were reduced to in IW) stabbing him with a glaive isn't enough of an explanation for me, especially when it's clear that it happened just so the Mind Stone wouldn't be permanently out of Thanos' reach.

I mean, they could've just had Thanos use the Reality/Space Stone to stop Vision from shifting density by the time they came face to face?

Sure, wonder woman and black panther were the first time a minority actor or female actor was the lead in a comic book movie.
    That's not even true, and yet people keep repeating it over and over again. There's no way I'm gonna forget about Spawn and Blade, I love those movies.

Tbh I still like them more than Wonder Woman and Black Panther.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2018-09-18 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    That's not even true, and yet people keep repeating it over and over again. There's no way I'm gonna forget about Spawn and Blade, I love those movies.
    But we will forget about Steel...

But I agree

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if we'll see him in the MCU given that GotG might not happen at this point, he'd deffo be in the top 3 powerful characters of the MCU if he were. Then again Vision was god level power in civil war and A2 and he was really weak in IW, and cap went from pretty strong in cap 1 and the first avengers to somehow being able to beat ironman - who went from losing to two humans to holding his own with thanos. So basically I'm not sure how they do power levels in the MCU because they aren't very consistent
    Well "power level" depends on circumstance.

Must say the trailer didn't do much for me. Not expecting more than average entertainment from this tbh. After the distinct styles of guardians, ragnarok and black panther and the quirky relatability of Homecoming this teaser is a bit generic. Wonder Woman had powerful visuals and a very distinctive score that made it stand out from the get go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    She came off bitchy and unapproachable. Not like Robert Downy at all - He’s likeable.
    In a 1.47 second trailer you were able to tell that of the character?

Or are you talking about when you met the actress?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

They could've given her a ponytail, I think it would go better with the suit having a "combat ready" vibe to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, wonder woman and black panther were the first time a minority actor or female actor was the lead in a comic book movie, wh.........
    WTF?

Are you like 15 or something? You never watched Blade? Spawn?

it looks good.

not much but good for a teaser.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    Strongest superhero in Marvel? How are you even measuring this? This sounds extremely fanboy-y. There are quite a few characters who are in general more powerful. Many characters have time travel/reality altering/otherwise devastating abilities, and others like Mr. Fantastic exist as a plot pretense to create things that are that powerful. Do you mean strictly in terms physical strength? Because that varies wildly based on what era of Marvel writing you're talking about. She's not stronger than Hulk under Jim Shooter. Shoot, she's probably not stronger than Spider-Man under Jim Shooter, who single handedly destroyed the X-Men.
    Ms marvel is defiantly stronger then Spider-Man though any high power hero is far stronger as you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    20. I think I saw blade when I was a kid, never seen spawn
    If you liked the Spawn comics, you have to watch it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I didn’t like her hair style in it. It’s more ‘girl next door’ looking. Then again, I didn’t expect much from the hair since that can’t ever seem to make Black Widows’ hair look nice in any of the damn movies.
    Yeah, and apparently she's going to have a different haircut once more in the next Avengers movie.

So, MOST comments here are derived from movies and not comics got it.

As for the trailer, looks really good. I got a bit scared at the beginning because of the focus they were trying to convey, but they brought it back.