Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Out of boredom I decided to go have a look myself and I don't see how it's possible for ICC to take longer.

ICC 25 N bosses took me an average of about 7 seconds, ignoring Gunship in the equation due to instant kill.
    Granted I quickly stopped taking time in SoO so can't give an exact average but definitely weren't shorter. Usually about the same average fight duration as the above, if you disregard the mechanics that extend the fights, like Immersius splitting, taking tower for Galakras, etc.

Can't imagine any class having some ability to beat SoO fights faster than ICC so me being Fury probably has no merit either. RP is also excluded in all this.

So overall, fights are just about the same length and SoO has more fights that drag out by not being able to simply nuke the big bad.

Thusly, I'm find this claim confusing and will now move along. Good day y'all.
    People just having a "sky is falling" attitude to having to spend 5-10 more seconds on a boss and make a bigger deal out of the issue than needs making.

Nobody here is denying it's an issue. Just that it's still insanely easy to solo old content without issues.

And Siege has Galakras which doesn't start with outright nuking. That's it. You can't enter Norushen trials solo last I recall because it resets. Plus Galakras got nerfed to only require 1 cannon/tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They already die in a blink of an eye if it’s taking you any time at all then it must be you not the game.
    It dies quickly when you are lvl 120 sure, but scaling for lower level characters is really fucked up. I have plenty of lvl 100 toons and the fact that I'm unable to solo DS 10HC on any of those is just ridiculous (well maybe I can but every boss will take 5+mins and it's not worth the hassle) and I didn't have any problems doing it in WoD and Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Almost right. The squish happened going into WoD from MoP. So we got the buff in old content as if we weren't squished so old content stayed easy. Not sure on the details of the latest squish. IIRC their original idea each squish would make 1 to old level cap linear. So if they did that then everything 1-110 is linear now.
    I'm very sleep deprived. Somehow I turned WoD into Legion in my head, even though I got the level range (90 onwards) correct.

Saying this generally, not at the person I am quoting. People don't seem to understand that we've had an invisible damage buff since WoD, which is now no longer necessary. Did they not think it was odd that they were hitting for millions with auto strikes in one area, but then hitting for thousands in the next? (example being soloing icc 25H and hitting stupidly hard, then going to HFC and doing regular damage). Now they hit for thousands (based on gear and level) across all content, which will increase as the player power increases.

Which again (just adding to my own point), is how it always should have been. The invisible damage buff was a silly bandaid fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh noes 10seconds
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Ironically the making of this thread took about 10 seconds or more.

just did icc 25m heroic and nothing took more than 5 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    I'm very sleep deprived. Somehow I turned WoD into Legion in my head, even though I got the level range (90 onwards) correct.

Saying this generally, not at the person I am quoting. People don't seem to understand that we've had an invisible damage buff since WoD, which is now no longer necessary. Did they not think it was odd that they were hitting for millions with auto strikes in one area, but then hitting for thousands in the next? (example being soloing icc 25H and hitting stupidly hard, then going to HFC and doing regular damage). Now they hit for thousands (based on gear and level) across all content, which will increase as the player power increases.

Which again (just adding to my own point), is how it always should have been. The invisible damage buff was a silly bandaid fix.
    You give the average person waay too much credit when it comes to being observant. =-)
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Does it take longer than before? Yes.
    Can I kill bosses with a single spell? Most likely no.
    Did Blizzard screw up? Yes.

But is it really, really important? No, not at all.
    Does it actually stops you in your transmog runs? No, it doesn't.