Poll: Who is the most iconic

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Who is the most iconic of these 6?

I listed three heroes and villains that I thought were very iconic however out of these six who is the most iconic?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I would love to know why Dr.Doom was tossed in there

10+ Year Old Account
    Most iconic what? Superhero? Supervillain? Sci-fi hero? Sci-fi villain? Movie hero? Movie villain? Comic book character?

There's no character in existence that is iconic across all possible categories.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Darth Vader is the most iconic easily. I'm a huge Batman fan and Spider-man is the most popular comic book character but Darth Vader blows them all away in terms of being an icon.

Toss up between Spiderman and Batman.
    Though I do concede that Batman has the edge since he was created 4 decades earlier than Spiderman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooo, tough choice between Vader or Batman. Had to go for Vader though.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Vader, no contest.

This guy deserves more exposure however

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxudn6ILIKA&t=0m26s
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2018-09-17 at 09:44 PM.

I'd say Batman and I am shocked Vader is winning. Are we talking worldwide brand recognition or personal taste here? It's no contest if world recognition, Batman has been around since 1939 and has ALWAYS been popular. Darth Vader has been around since 1977, and he's the villain, not even the protagonist of his franchise, and doesn't even appear in every installment of said franchise. Batman is known and has been watched by millions more than Vader/Star Wars simply due to his longevity. The only choice that's even a close runner up would be Spider-man. The Joker falls under the same category as Vader.

Don't know what Dr. Doom is even doing there either. lol Superman should have been in this and then it would be a clear sweep, a study was done where it was surmised the Superman logo, McDonalds arc and the cross are recognized everywhere, even in the Himalayas.

Correct answer is vader

It's a tough one between Batman and Vader... but I said Batman. Vader is a villain in what many consider a 'nerdy' series, while pretty much anyone can relate to the Batman series.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Most iconic what? Superhero? Supervillain? Sci-fi hero? Sci-fi villain? Movie hero? Movie villain? Comic book character?

There's no character in existence that is iconic across all possible categories.
    Vader comes close. I'd wager that if you asked who each of them was or do you recognize this character from a picture the vast majority of the world would say yes or positive on who Vader is.

Vader is easily the most iconic on the list. Name one line Batman has that permeates pop culture the way Vader has?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Vader by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's a tough one between Batman and Vader... but I said Batman. Vader is a villain in what many consider a 'nerdy' series, while pretty much anyone can relate to the Batman series.
    A series about an intergalactic war set in a universe with a mystical presence that binds everything together is more nerdy than a guy in underwear dressing up as a bat to fight crime?

Kek.

7+ Year Old Account
    You think people can relate to a grown billionaire dressing like a bat and punching people to try and stop crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    A series about an intergalactic war set in a universe with a mystical presence that binds everything together is more nerdy than a guy in underwear dressing up as a bat to fight crime?

Kek.
    They're both 'nerdy' if you look at them with a specific lens, but I know quite a few more people that refuse to watch star wars vs batman. Batman is at least realistic, and that does it for a lot of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You think people can relate to a grown billionaire dressing like a bat and punching people to try and stop crime?
    If you think those are the only things relatable in the series... you should get literary help.

They're both 'nerdy' if you look at them with a specific lens, but I know quite a few more people that refuse to watch star wars vs batman. Batman is at least realistic, and that does it for a lot of people.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think those are the only things relatable in the series... you should get literary help.
    lols. I mean sure its more realistic than SW but "realistic"? no, not even close.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

In my student days I was surprised to find people who had never seen Star Wars, but everyone knows of Batman.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Dressing up like a bat and punching people is the core of Batman. Also you think Batman is realistic? Like really?

Deleted
    Sure, through a specific lense.
    Coincidentally, I know more people that watch SW than Batman, because SW is a more cohesive universe when it comes to power levels; a rich kid with lots of issues sharing a universe with an alien that looks just like a human but gets laser eyes because Earth has a yellow sun isn't that believable to some.

Funny how anecdotal evidence works amiright.