Balance Changes - September 25

(Balance) Dawning Sun: damage increased by 40%.
    (Balance) Streaking Stars: damage reduced by 40%.
    (Balance) Sunblaze: damage increased by 35% (unchanged in PvP).

Balance Druid: Starsurge and Starfall damage increased by 15%.

Have fun finding 3 high ilvl azerite pieces to replace your 3x Streaking Stars everyone.

It only proves BFA is still in beta 40% nerf to best single target trait for bala druid after so long time is joke.

Yiu are right, now people will have to replace this trait with others

Deleted
    Over a month into the expansion and they're still buffing / nerfing things by huge percentages every other week.

I'm wondering why UH and Demonology are not being adressed
    Maybe they have bigger rework planned, but I might be too optimistic
    I just hope this isnt what they meant when they said "Warlock and DK will be adressed a later date"

This expansion is a joke. You can't possibly throw away, scrap or disenchant anything - one day it's completely useless and the very next day it's the new BiS while your current gear has turned into absolute trash. I'm so fucking glad that my 385 Streaking Stars piece is now utter trash. I'm so looking forward to farming 5 new Azerite pieces because I need completely new traits all of the sudden. Because that's totally how it works with this shitty, unfarmable joke of a 'feature'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    This expansion is a joke. You can't possibly throw away, scrap or disenchant anything - one day it's completely useless and the very next day it's the new BiS while your current gear has turned into absolute trash. I'm so fucking glad that my 385 Streaking Stars piece is now utter trash. I'm so looking forward to farming 5 new Azerite pieces because I need completely new traits all of the sudden. Because that's totally how it works with this shitty, unfarmable joke of a 'feature'.
    Ion in the next AMA:

We understand that massive, sweeping changes to Azerite gear can be frustrating in some extreme, outlying cases. Our team is always focusing on the hitting the right mark with balancing and it's understandably upsetting when we miss. In these rare situations, it's easy to feel like we're picking on certain classes or just randomly buffing and nerfing traits on a whim. In reality, we're just slowly unraveling a much more complex bigger picture. Rest assured, our team is working tirelessly around the clock to make sure these fringe situations happen less frequently throughout the expansion. In the meantime, try to think of the positive instead of focusing on the negative: Now you get to go out into the world to find new gear. This brings fun and excitement back to the game because you'll never know when a piece of gear you once thought was less than satisfactory is suddenly much, much more powerful!

Oh. And it keeps your dumbass subbed for another few months.

Guys. Come on. Like, doing this stuff is like... really hard. Okay? Small companies like Blizzard don't have big budgets for testing so some things slip through.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    I just hope this isnt what they meant when they said "Warlock and DK will be adressed a later date"
    Unholy is middle of the pack - what's wrong with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows...Blizzard isn't inspiring much confidence these days with the class changes.

I knew the Azerite system was going to be iffy but they've really outdone themselves with the balance here.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by ymn View Post
    Unholy is middle of the pack - what's wrong with it?
    It's tied up with Enhance as worst melee in the game. Probably worst spec in the game in mm+.
    Fury is slighty better and just received a 6% buff. I'm just hoping they have big plans for the spec and dont actually believe it's fine right now.

It's tied up with Enhance as worst melee in the game. Probably worst spec in the game in mm+.
    Fury is slighty better and just received a 6% buff. I'm just hoping they have big plans for the spec and dont actually believe it's fine right now.
    Unholy could use some minor tweaks (allocating damage from pets to the actual player) and some incentive to actually bring a DK other than grip. As Unholy is really good on prolonged AoE and they have ridiculous ST burst, I don't think they'll be making huge changes in that regard. Just wish the flow of the spec (reduce downtimes, even with 20%+ Haste I still have 3-5 seconds where I can't press anything) and ST numbers were up there.
    I'm kinda in love with Fury, I love the hectic spammy playstyle (the numbers aren't there yet), but the feel of the spec is just spot-on for me. A shame I can't play it as my main =(
    Last edited by ymn; 2018-09-25 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deicoy View Post
    (Balance) Dawning Sun: damage increased by 40%.
    (Balance) Streaking Stars: damage reduced by 40%.
    (Balance) Sunblaze: damage increased by 35% (unchanged in PvP).

Balance Druid: Starsurge and Starfall damage increased by 15%.

Have fun finding 3 high ilvl azerite pieces to replace your 3x Streaking Stars everyone.
    If you scrapped your azerite pieces then it's your own fault. Blizz has been super nerfing/buffing different traits every week since BfA came out. Don't scrap any azerite pieces, keep them in your bank until you get a higher ilvl piece with the same trait to replace it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    I'm not angry about it, but I agree completely. This looks like a big swing and miss and they're too invested in this Azerite idea to realize they need to implement wholesale changes (not balancing tweaks) to fix it. What really amazes me is that the azerite stuff is simultaneously uninspiring and unbalanced. I would rather have wildly imbalanced interesting traits that stayed relevant or have traits that are all flat 2% damage/healing than this middle ground which takes the worst aspects of both.

Loving the week to week changing of BiS rankings for azerite traits

It might've helped if they did literally any tuning or testing in the actual beta.

BfA development:

Beta - finish the base content, fixing bugs and tuning aren't important, promise spec reworks to keep people subbed
    Live - slowly fix bugs, tuning isn't important, just randomly throw out buffs/nerfs to make it look like we're doing stuff, disguise a nerf or slight buff with language to make it sound like a rework so you can say you did your reworks
    Mid expansion - release more buggy content, seriously bugs don't matter, ideally more RNG if possible, maybe tune some bosses, absolutely no class tuning though, this is vacation time
    Late expansion - fix some more bugs, maybe get around to tuning things, probably not though