Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well opiods was already dismissed.
    ...never fucking learn no matter how many dead bodies there are...
    Its easier to learn if you start by reading the thread.

Deleted
    Well this is what happened in Portugal, from wiky:

-Increased uptake of treatment (roughly 60% increase as of 2012.)[12]
    -Reduction in new HIV diagnoses amongst drug users by 17%[19] and a general drop of 90% in drug-related HIV infection
    -Reduction in drug related deaths, although this reduction has decreased in later years. The number of drug related deaths is now almost on the same level as before the
    Drug strategy was implemented.[12][19] However, this may be accounted for by improvement in measurement practices, which includes a doubling of toxicological
    autopsies now being performed, meaning that more drugs related deaths are likely to be recorded.[20]
    -Reported lifetime use of "all illicit drugs" increased from 7.8% to 12%, lifetime use of cannabis increased from 7.6% to 11.7%, cocaine use more than doubled, from 0.9% to
    1.9%, ecstasy nearly doubled from 0.7% to 1.3%, and heroin increased from 0.7% to 1.1%[19] It has been proposed[by whom?] that this effect may have been related to
    the candor of interviewees, who may have been inclined to answer more truthfully due to a reduction in the stigma associated with drug use.[20] However, during the same
    period, the use of heroin and cannabis also increased in Spain and Italy, where drugs for personal use was decriminalised many years earlier than in Portugal [20][21] while
    the use of Cannabis and heroin decreased in the rest of Western Europe.[22][23] The increase in drug use observed among adults in Portugal was not greater than that seen
    in nearby countries that did not change their drug laws.[24]
    -Drug use among adolescents (13-15 yrs) and "problematic" users declined.[20]
    -Drug-related criminal justice workloads decreased.[20]
    -Decreased street value of most illicit drugs, some significantly
    -The number of drug related deaths has reduced from 131 in 2001 to 20 in 2008.[25] As of 2012, Portugal's drug death toll sat at 3 per million, in comparison to the EU
    average of 17.3 per million.
    -Homicide rate increased from 1.13 per 100 000 in 2000 to 1.76 in 2007, then decreased to 0.96 in 2015 [26][27][28]

Prohibitionism is just wrong especially when all the government says is "hey dont use that drug, that drug is bad, use this one*, this one is cool and taxed by the state ."

*weed tobacco and alchool are as bad as the other drugs, just because you pay taxes and you can buy them easily doesent mean they do less harm.
    Last edited by mmoc1291a9ba80; 2018-09-18 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, of course not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Heroines should definitely be legal.

no draenei should remain illegal. yrel is a danger to everyone.have you seen her hammer?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Everyone knows someone who has OD'd at least once.
    That's an overstatement. I don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if that line gets crossed, then what's next? Pedophilia?
    according to a good chunk of this forum it's the next frontier. so many pedophile apologists on this forum.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

All drugs should decriminalized for the users at least, and illegal drug vendors should have harsher sentences.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there's not many deaths or other health issues reported from the said drug and it offers health benefits, it should be legal, yes.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    What a lot of people seems to not get is you can not stop people from doing the stuff they want to do.
    People get shot crossing the border from Mexico to USA but this dont stop mexicans.
    You can get your life ruined by the police in some state if they catch with even a little bit of weed. This dont stop people from smoking.
    USA tried with alchool too and shit happened!

So tax all this stuff up and maybe throw legal prostitution in there as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Heroines should definitely be legal.

This... just SO much this..... ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Grayperson View Post
    Well this is what happened in Portugal, from wiky:

-Increased uptake of treatment (roughly 60% increase as of 2012.)[12]
    -Reduction in new HIV diagnoses amongst drug users by 17%[19] and a general drop of 90% in drug-related HIV infection
    -Reduction in drug related deaths, although this reduction has decreased in later years. The number of drug related deaths is now almost on the same level as before the
    Drug strategy was implemented.[12][19] However, this may be accounted for by improvement in measurement practices, which includes a doubling of toxicological
    autopsies now being performed, meaning that more drugs related deaths are likely to be recorded.[20]
    -Reported lifetime use of "all illicit drugs" increased from 7.8% to 12%, lifetime use of cannabis increased from 7.6% to 11.7%, cocaine use more than doubled, from 0.9% to
    1.9%, ecstasy nearly doubled from 0.7% to 1.3%, and heroin increased from 0.7% to 1.1%[19] It has been proposed[by whom?] that this effect may have been related to
    the candor of interviewees, who may have been inclined to answer more truthfully due to a reduction in the stigma associated with drug use.[20] However, during the same
    period, the use of heroin and cannabis also increased in Spain and Italy, where drugs for personal use was decriminalised many years earlier than in Portugal [20][21] while
    the use of Cannabis and heroin decreased in the rest of Western Europe.[22][23] The increase in drug use observed among adults in Portugal was not greater than that seen
    in nearby countries that did not change their drug laws.[24]
    -Drug use among adolescents (13-15 yrs) and "problematic" users declined.[20]
    -Drug-related criminal justice workloads decreased.[20]
    -Decreased street value of most illicit drugs, some significantly
    -The number of drug related deaths has reduced from 131 in 2001 to 20 in 2008.[25] As of 2012, Portugal's drug death toll sat at 3 per million, in comparison to the EU
    average of 17.3 per million.
    -Homicide rate increased from 1.13 per 100 000 in 2000 to 1.76 in 2007, then decreased to 0.96 in 2015 [26][27][28]

Prohibitionism is just wrong especially when all the government says is "hey dont use that drug, that drug is bad, use this one*, this one is cool and taxed by the state ."

*weed tobacco and alchool are as bad as the other drugs, just because you pay taxes and you can buy them easily doesent mean they do less harm.
    Drugs are still "forbidden" in portugal. You can't legally buy them nor sell them. You won't get in legal trouble if you use it but you still can't.

What a lot of people seems to not get is you can not stop people from doing the stuff they want to do. People get shot crossing the border from Mexico to USA but this dont stop mexicans. You can get your life ruined by the police in some state if they catch with even a little bit of weed. This dont stop people from smoking. USA tried with alchool too and shit happened! So tax all this stuff up and maybe throw legal prostitution in there as well lol
    Well we can't stop murder and pedophilia either it seems...

Well if that line gets crossed, then what's next? Pedophilia?
    how can you compare harming yourself , with harming an innocent kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    how can you compare harming yourself , with harming an innocent kid?
    Already responded to...keep up.

For me, relative harm doesn't even factor into it.

"Decreased street value of most illicit drugs, some significantly"

This is huge. This is the only way you can win a "War on Drugs."

Not only does it reduce the financial incentive to engage in a criminal drug trade, but it provides funds for proper treatment and crime prevention programs from the legitimate sales.

I was surprised by the statistic that usage by minors dropped. My assumption is that by reducing the incentive and amount of illegal sales, it becomes more difficult for minors to find someone to purchase from.

Deleted
    Well we can't stop murder and pedophilia either it seems...
    Yeah i guess its the same logic but killers and pedophiles are ruining other people life, we are talking about drug.
    if you said that because of the mexican part, i didnt want to focus on american border patrol, that was maybe a little off topic from me

I dunno about heroine, some stuff is more addictive than others.

Drugs shouldnt be criminal though. If people wanna kill themselves with drugs thats their decision imo. We have too many people anyway need to thin the numbers a bit as sad as that sounds

for slower poster like @Boomzy what does this graph mean? I totally get it personally but some people need a breakdown.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Yeah i guess its the same logic but killers and pedophiles are ruining other people life, we are talking about drug. if you said that because of the mexican part, i didnt want to focus on american border patrol, that was maybe a little of topic from me
    And you fucking imagine in some fantasy that drugs doesn't ruin lives?

But maybe I shouldn't care at all. The more these...Darwin Award winners take the prize the better it will be for everyone.