Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is Tinder just a hook-up app?

Or has anyone found "true love" from using Tinder?

When I used to use Tinder, it mainly served the purpose for hooking up, but I had some friends find girl friends using it, but I don't know if thats still the case.

Deleted
    I don't know about true love, but girlfriends/boyfriends, yes.

Deleted
    Is water wet?

My friend found his Fiance on craigslist

Pretty sure you can find love on tinder.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know a Couple that met on Tinder. They were basically the first ones they matched together with. Guess they were just lucky they were an actual match outside of just sex.

Mostly just a hookup app, but if you stick with it long enough you might find someone long term.

I have met people for dates from tinder.

Deleted
    I would say 80 hookup 20 romance

10+ Year Old Account
    I going out with one girl that I met on Tinder, and I intend to keep going out with her. So... Yeah, but I will say though, most people that I know that used tinder, are not currently dating someone they met on tinder.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

People who attempt to use it for anything more than that are usually extremely weird.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

No worse than a bar is a hookup place, you can meet legit romance prospects at a bar, it's rare though.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

depends on your age range and where you live. Under 30 it's for mainly casual dating. Over 30, you have some people say they are looking for "something serious" but it's still really just casual dating unless you luck out. I guess Bumble is an app for more serious relationship intent since the woman has to message the guy first but it's all debatable.

My 1 year 8 months relationship from Tinder is just over. She was very good to me, I fucked it up. Definitely can meet with serious girls but it is hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a shallow person app for some women to inflate their ego.

Yes and an app of desperation at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half the profiles I see specifically state "Not interested in hook-ups". I suppose it depends on the region. In any case, it's not really relevant to, well, anything. People can do what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Yes and an app of desperation at that.
    Drivel.

You can decide what its about.

I think its too popular to be about sex only tbh.

Also, what a shallow and degenerate a person must be to look for hookups only.

I installed Tinder a while ago but I am not sure how is it supposed to work. Girls like me all the time but i can't talk to them unless i subscribe which I don't. Their image just shows blured and when i click on it, it asks me to subscribe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    I installed Tinder a while ago but I am not sure how is it supposed to work. Girls like me all the time but i can't talk to them unless i subscribe which I don't. Their image just shows blured and when i click on it, it asks me to subscribe.
    I don't think you downloaded the right game mate

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    That doesn't sound like tinder.