Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Personally I like it since it shows instantly what mythics someone has done if you're pugging. So you can pick someone thats more experienced. Alot of people seem to really hate it thouhg since it's like gearscore addon 2.0.
    its a pointless site that alot of idiots tend to use to prove they have nothing. doesn't matter at all if u got 1000 score or 100. it depends on the person and intrest in farming mythic keys. i have seen plenty of idiots that have 700 score be worse then a new player. why? because they have been boosted. hence why the score is utterly pointless and people that use it are normally unskilled people who think they are better. which they rarely are

Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Honestly, I simply don't get it? It's some kind of score summing up your in-Time keys and deducting points for timeouted keys, right?
    It is more than being just a simple score system!Here is what can be seen by RIO:

1.What dungeons have been done.
    2.How many dungeons have been done.
    3.Have the dungeons been in time or not.
    4.What levels were the different dungeons.
    5.When (what days) have been cleared the keys.
    6.What were the affixes of the key.
    7.Best score(means best time)
    8.Highest key(doesn't mean the best score!)
    9.What rolls have you played.
    10.What is the Total score.
    11.What is the split score by rolеs (dps,healer,tank) of the character
    12.Character leaderboard.
    13.Gear can be seen.
    14.What is your character's World or Server place.
    15.What is your place by class and role.

There are a lot of filters.This is why i love RIO.It can show the skill level of the player perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    its a pointless site that alot of idiots tend to use to prove they have nothing. doesn't matter at all if u got 1000 score or 100. it depends on the person and intrest in farming mythic keys. i have seen plenty of idiots that have 700 score be worse then a new player. why? because they have been boosted. hence why the score is utterly pointless and people that use it are normally unskilled people who think they are better. which they rarely are
    You just talk bullshit.
    It's not useless.Currently ilvl is meaningless.It's a shit system which can not show the skill of the player like previous expansions.It was this way since legion and now transfering to BFA.So RIO brings exactly what ilvl can't deliver anymore.A measure of how good is a player.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2018-09-18 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    It is more than being just a simple score system!Here is what can be seen by RIO:

1.What dungeons have done.
    7.Best score(means best time) and Best key(highest key).Two different things!
    8.What rolls have you played.
    9.What is the Total score
    10.Character leaderboard.
    11.Gear can be seen.
    12.What is your World & Server place.

There are a lot of filters.This is why i love RIO.It can show the skill level of the player perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

You just talk bullshit.
    It's not useless.Currently ilvl is meaningless.It's a shit system which can not show the skill of the player like previous expansions.It was this way since legion and now transfering to BFA.So RIO brings exactly what ilvl can't deliver anymore.A measure of how good is a player.
    Raider.Io can't show skill either nor can it show anything. it just shows u have completed a specific high lvl key. nothing more. and it Diff cannot provide any legit proof to a player being good or not. majority of them are boosted players. helped by others to get there. ILvl proving. and to low ilvl means lower dps and health and such. hence why i dont give a crap about a 3rd party useless score. that only idiots think about and use.
    it's the shame for raiding. a achivement means u have completed it but u could aswell have been boosted. and thats also why i dont give a crap if a person has a achivement for a pug raid. i rather have the logs for bosses. to see how they perform. over a utterly useless achivement. since i have seen plenty of people with the achivement being worse then those without.

and once again Raider IO does not show how skilled a player is. it just shows that u partook in a 10+ for example that was in time. which btw is to easy. just requires alot more dps
    Last edited by simonlvschal; 2018-09-18 at 10:11 AM.

Deleted

11.Gear can be seen.

Hmm, I see. I should look into it for personal use (tracking my own bests/etc). So far I've only heard of it from groups demanding a specific score / people bitching about it.

I don't like it because I have a disdain for arbitrary numbers.

But ultimately I am not affected since I either run my own keys or play with guildies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    or you can just skip the ladder and buy boost for all +10 runs.
    Yes you can, but how many % have done that? 10 m10 boosts cost 800-1000€ right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a useful tool but also evidence that the mythic+ system isn't really good for the game at the moment. If we're really at a point of accepting that the primary out of raid gearing content is so challenging at even a modest level that even gear and achievement requirements aren't enough to adequately form competent groups then there's something wrong. They probably should have kept challenge runs as focused on prestige rather than turning them into something which feels mandatory to gear.

This is why i love RIO.It can show the skill level of the player perfectly.
    It shows experience, not skills. Having lots of experience is still a big deal, though. So the score is quite useful.

Or put it another way - a high score shows that you are very likely to be skilled. But if you compare 4k vs. 5.5k players, or 5.5k vs. 7k players, these differences in their scores do not indicate that the people with higher scores are more skilled mechanically. It only indicates that the higher rated players have a lot more experience.

Need raider.io score to get raider.io score.

Love it.

Downside is that when starting out its hard to judge people but as the expansion continues its much easier to weed out bad players as they will simply be running max key as a boost compared to those that push on a more frequent basis.

Raider.Io can't show skill either nor can it show anything.
    If you see a player who has done a specific dungeon on level 22 lets say 30 times this is definitely not a boost lol.I doubt more than 10% of WoW population have the money to afford so many high runs.Also if the party members in the group are the same in each run this means it is definitely a premade farming score and not boosting.

it just shows u have completed a specific high lvl key. nothing more. and it Diff cannot provide any legit proof to a player being good or not.
    Nope it does not just show you have completed a high key.It can be the highest level but this does not mean it will be with best score.Your previous time of the old key can be better so higher score.So What if you have completed once a high level key?Also there is a tab where i can see exactly how many times you have done a specific key
    You are wrong again.There is a video option where you can see how the run went(not everyone uses it but still it is there!).So the so called legit proof of being good or not can be found.Also i repeat.Everyone who can do right now 15 and higher keys is for certain a good player.

majority of them are boosted players. helped by others to get there.
    You do not have any real proof of this.How can you say what % of the playerbase is boosted or not?

ILvl proving. and to low ilvl means lower dps and health and such. hence why i dont give a crap about a 3rd party useless score. that only idiots think about and use.
    Such bad english....

it's the shame for raiding. a achivement means u have completed it but u could aswell have been boosted. and thats also why i dont give a crap if a person has a achivement for a pug raid. i rather have the logs for bosses. to see how they perform. over a utterly useless achivement. since i have seen plenty of people with the achivement being worse then those without.
    I can agree with you on this one.Achievements doesn't mean shit from a long time.But it is Blizzard's fault for allowing them to become absolute and making ilvl a useless system by introducing WF/TF.

and once again Raider IO does not show how skilled a player is. it just shows that u partook in a 10+ for example that was in time. which btw is to easy. just requires alot more dps
    Yes it can be a boost if the run was once or twice done.But if the the group is exactly the same 5 players each time and you see more than 10 or more runs in each high level key then it is absolutely not a boost.I repeat there are enough tabs in RIO to compare how good a specific player!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    It's actually terrible, because the addon isn't consistent. My in-game score is different than my score on the website for example. Not to mention, it only counts the dungeons that appear in the leaderboard. So if you're on a high pop server and tend to do your keys later on in the week, you end up with a score that doesn't reflect your skill level at all.

I'm sure it makes tracking for them easier, but it means you can't rely on the addon for people with a lower score. I think it would be a great addon if it scanned your character in-game. But I guess it would take more resources and scores might be faked (no idea)?

Except that as I explained above, it doesn't really. At least for people on high-pop servers.
    This is my biggest gripe with it, ive done multiple 7+ and it doesnt show up on my raider.io.

I see the purpose behind it, but I laugh at how people use it. For instance, I saw people in the first week of mythic keys wanting around 300 score just to run a +3 key. Something barely more challenging than a regular mythic.
    In Legion my score wasn’t that high, so I got passed over by a lot of groups. That said, I cleared a 15-19 key every week, almost always on time; but, since I only did the required 1 a week and there were dungeons I never did, my score stayed low.
    Overall, it’s a decent tool, but it still has its flaws.

Deleted
    Out of the last 5 m+ i did it failed to register 3 of them, 2 in time +8s and a depleted +9, it only shows my completed +7 and +10

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    It shows experience, not skills. Having lots of experience is still a big deal, though. So the score is quite useful.

Or put it another way - a high score shows that you are very likely to be skilled. But if you compare 4k vs. 5.5k players, or 5.5k vs. 7k players, these differences in their scores do not indicate that the people with higher scores are more skilled mechanically. It only indicates that the higher rated players have a lot more experience.
    I agree with you.Maybe i did not word it right.It is not skill but as you say experience.But still having a high rating is a good indication of what can do a specific player.They for certain know their class better than the average pug and they know how to do the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really have no idea what it does other than filter out less experienced people. I've also never run across a group requiring it but I don't really do high keys

Quote Originally Posted by Zurich View Post
    Out of the last 5 m+ i did it failed to register 3 of them
    This is not a fault of the RIO.If you did not made it to the Blizzard's leaderboard the site can't take it into account.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Dug

I will quote myself again lol.Here is what the site does.

11.Gear can be seen.

There are a lot of filters.
    I bet i even missed a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    It causes problems for those who didn't have the addon installed and those who don't do them all that often. If you start your own group, people can see your score and it makes people more likely to avoid you. Thankfully I have friends to do them with the majority of the time, but I can imagine it being crap for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty extensive woah I imagined it would just take highest keys + time

Deleted
    This is not a fault of the RIO.If you did not made it to the Blizzard's leaderboard the site can't take it into account.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Dug

I will quote myself again lol.Here is what the site does.

I bet i even missed a lot.
    So what, i wanted to join a 7 after i had completed2 +8s on time, all my rio ahowed were a couple of 6 i had done a week prior. The system is very flawed and sucks for ppl who are decnet at m+ but do it rarely due to time constraints

not ro mention it depends on 4 other ppl
    Last edited by mmoc4b988bc479; 2018-09-18 at 12:34 PM.