Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Here's an idea.

Let's have a new allied race that is something other than just a [Insert Race] reskin?...
    No.

Allied races should just be Reskins and at best Zandalari/kul tirans.

7+ Year Old Account
    With Blizzard putting allied races in the game, we've reached this absurd point where people feel the need to try and shoehorn every single race in the game into 1 faction or the other. Just because the race exists doesn't mean it needs to be playable. I'm so damn tired of these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    To be fair the Horde is a family of outcasts and iam sure they could join.

Think about it? Tauren not only tolerate the forsaken but they was the ones who talked Thrall into letting them join.

You got Trolls who are now best buddies with Belfs even though Trolls and Belfs had been at each others throats for years and years.

If the Horde could harness the Fel Orcs who are now leaderless and without direction they could be channeled to serve the Horde and after all if the Horde can tolerate Warlocks in its ranks iam sure it can tolerate Fel Orcs

PLUS as i said Sylvanas is not the sort of person to allow a bit of fel corruption to put her off seeing how she had an entire quarter of her city dedicated to warlocks plus she would love to use them as shock troops and cannon fodder.

This isnt Thralls Horde anymore its not even Garrosh Horde its Sylvanas Horde and i bet if the someone said 'Hey these Fel Orcs wish to join and crush some Ally skulls' she would jump at the chance to allow them to join.

Plus like i said i would love to play one and RP as one.
    I agree.

The Horde is there for the outcasts, it is made out of outcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Broken would be welcome.

Fel Orcs... eh... probably not. They make as much sense as Eredar (Which is to say, none at all). Anything Legion-loyal would be a poor choice for an allied race.

If we’re going with something Orcish I’d want Mok’nathal.
    Broken would end up being horde or make no sense as Alliance. They have said they are over flowing with potential Horde allies and short on Alliance options. Velen abondonded both versio s of Broken, be it the BC version or Argus ones.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    I agree.

The Horde is there for the outcasts, it is made out of outcasts.
    Its why i gravitate to the Horde and why it should always be the faction of outcasts.

It shouldnt matter that you are fel tainted if they came to the Horde asking to join there shouldn't be a reason not to seeing how Sargeras is now permanently imprisoned! and being fel tainted doesnt stop you from joining *cough Demon Hunters *cough *cough

Demon hunters, the disciples of Illidan Stormrage, uphold a dark legacy, one that frightens their allies and enemies alike. The Illidari embrace fel and chaotic magics—energies that have long threatened the world of Azeroth

Teach the Fel Orcs how to control there magic like you know those Demon Hunters we now have!!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-09-19 at 04:48 PM.

No more orcs, thanks. It breaks my heart to say that since I really want Dragonmaw, but we have enough orc varieties now.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    How are pandas and vulpera more Horde than Belfs? Seems the only thing about horde for you is the fur. Maybe Dravec is correct in your case.
    Anyway it doesn't seem there isn't any value talking with you. "Simple as that", you know that people have different opinions?
    I already explained why Belfs fit perfectly, you just can't look past the fact they are elves, and yet you talk about bias.

I dont think you understand what Aesthetics mean. Aesthetics are based on visual.

The Horde is primal, tribal, nomadic and savage. You can see this in WC3: Orcs, Trolls, Tauren --- This is the Horde that many people on the faction played the game for. It has since changed with addition of Forsaken, which quite clearly throughout the game were made to feel like outsiders within the Horde, due to operating on their own terms with mostly separate quest chains of all Forsaken (Eastern Kingdoms and WotLK), and their general art themes not matching traditionalist horde.

The same goes for blood elves and nightborne. They fit horde in ideology and mentality, but not aesthetics.

Goblins, like Gnomes, get a free pass to their faction because the Goblin Zepp and Sappers have been around and Horde since WC2, even if their overall themes have changed (weird green things to New York Jewish/Jersey Shore stereotypes).

Pandaren are also grandfathered in thanks to Chen from WC3.

As for Vulpera, at a base level if you were to look at them and their culture...someone who's been around since WC3 would say immediately these belong on the Horde and not the Alliance. They are tribal, nomadic, and primal (due to being an animal/monstrous race).

If someone were to look at Blood Elves and Nightborne, purely on aesthetics (which is visuals) and compare them to Trolls, Tauren, and Orcs, they would not immediately think they were on the same faction.

You guys are having an argument based around a misconception of what each person is trying to say.

Visually (Aesthetically), Vulpera are 100% in line with traditional horde. Blood elves and Nightborne do not.

Storywise, Blood Elves and Nightborne are 100% in line with traditional horde. Vulpera haven't been given enough story to make a valid comment on this, but the first one we do come across is wearing their faction flag and cutting down snake people very similar to a blademaster so there is that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

I will end by saying we have a race that is leaderless that could be harnessed and the fact we the Horde is about taking in the outcasts that is what makes the Horde Family.

Cant you see it? A race where there are few and far between that could be shown how to harness the fel instead of letting it control them and for gameplay wise they could use the fel as a CD?

Why should Fel Orcs be left to die and not be allowed to rejoin the Horde?

Horde is Family!

Imagine all the potential allied races that they could add, so much Variety, diversity, uniqueness etc.

And yet everyone is suggesting yet another orc, yet another Draenei, yet another dwarf >.<

...and well tbh, I'd rather see a new regular race, getting kinda sick of These reskins that you have to unlock anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Imagine all the potential allied races that they could add, so much Variety, diversity, uniqueness etc.

And yet everyone is suggesting yet another orc, yet another Draenei, yet another dwarf >.<
    My sentiment exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    What's with this attitude?
    The Fell Orcs are literally incapable of honor, nobility and what have you. They're fully corrupted by the Fel. That's what it means to become one. That's why they are red. There is no redemption for them.
    Saurfang is almost prepared to kill Sylvanas as it is.
    The Horde already has red Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    My sentiment exactly.
    Kinda off-topic, but my curiosity is too high right now.

Given how the "Even WoD was better 1 month in than BfA" part of your sig is quite clearly what the first sentence of it relates to (as they both edited into a single link), pray tell, how is liking WoD more than BfA 1 month in "pathetic, toxic and delusional"?

That would demand that BfA being better than WoD 1 month in is an objective fact, which is a bizarre notion (especially since WoD for all its woes had a rather smooth launch while BfA's beta let a ton of bugs slip and azerite trait balance is currently a wack-a-mole). Even worse than that, this "objective fact" would require stating that something made by holy Blizzard above was bad (if only comparatively). Which is obviously heresy.

Finally, given how BfA being better than WoD is actually not an objective fact, how is having the subjective opinion that WoD was better than BfA 1 month in "pathetic, toxic and delusional", yet the opposite, which is an equally subjective opinion despite you clearly presenting it as "the one true truth", is not?

Then there's part where you project one random quote onto the entire fandom, but that's kinda a given.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-09-19 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how Vulpera and Pandaren looks like monsters
    they are humanoid animals, Anthropomorphic animals, thus monsters
    they are among the friendliest looking races in the game.
    Taurens are Minotaurs, one of the friendliest and pacific races, don't change what they are

And I don't consider any race in the Horde to be monsters besides Undead. And the closest 2nd race I'd describe as monsters are Worgen.
    monster by definition is any creature, usually imaginary, that is considered frightening or grotesque.

all races in the horde and vulpera join this group except elves, of course they are softened to appeal the public

And being a brotherhood of outcasts are the number one defining factor I'd say. And you said Pandaren were outcasts, how so? They had a home, and could freely choose if they wanted to join either the Alliance or the Horde for adventure?
    the group of pandaren who join the horde was only one group, maybe they are not outcast but they share all other traits, brotherhood,shamanism, sense of honor etc

And what you are stating is certainly not facts.
    they sure are

I don't see how its hypocrisy to find one race cute and another one not
    the hypocrisy is to shit on some race by X reason, when you love a race who is worse with X y and Z reasons

I don't like gnomes either, but they are alliance. They are there for comedic relief. Just as goblins are for Horde now. But at least goblins look tough and both sound and act tougher than gnomes. And of course being more about rockets and explosions.
    yes, we already have this kind of thing, why the problem with something similar yet better?
    Personally I find female trolls to be quite pretty, especially compared to their males. Do you find them less Horde than Pandarens and Vulpera because of that?
    what is the logic behind this? like, the numbers tell you are an exception, so?

And I think male Blood Elf looking at concept art has one of the more badass, evil and monstrous looks after Orc and Undead.
    haha nice one

And in case you were specifically referring to me about the "pretty boys bias", then I can just say that Im playing only one character so far this expansion and its a Mag'har. Oh and another low level Mag'har to get heritage armor.
    the Marjory of the community play pretty looking races, and with their pedestal of hypocrisy shit on vulpera because they are "cute"

this is the bias i talk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The Horde already has red Orcs..
    of course, the suggestion is not talking about normal orcs with red color, but the fel orcs mutated with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Storywise, Blood Elves and Nightborne are 100% in line with traditional horde. Vulpera haven't been given enough story to make a valid comment on this, but the first one we do come across is wearing their faction flag and cutting down snake people very similar to a blademaster so there is that.
    i agree with everything you said, except this part

with the lore of Vol'dun they already can be considered 100% horde easy
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    i agree with everything you said, except this part

with the lore of Vol'dun they already can be considered 100% horde easy

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    monster by definition is any creature, usually imaginary, that is considered frightening or grotesque.
    And I don't consider Pandaren or Vulpera fightening. Just like I don't consider my cat or my dogs frightening.
    I suppose it could be a bit freaky and frightening if I met a talking animal irl, but that is quite a stretch.

Anyway, as long as you think every word you write is fact, then there is no room for discussion. And we clearly put weight on different things on what represent the Horde. For me its not about them being monsters, I don't really consider the Horde races monsters except for Undead. For me its their struggle and spirit. Desperate races that have banded together for survival.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Here's an idea.

Let's have a new allied race that is something other than just a [Insert Race] reskin?...
    And dilute the Horde's struggling aesthetic even more?

I only play Forsaken characters really, and even I hate how watered down and diluted the Horde aesthetic has become over the years - adding allied race versions of trolls, orcs and tauren seems like one of the best ways of trying to keep the core Horde silhouette balanced so that you can afford to add a race like Nightborne without turning it into more of an elf-land than it already is.

Fel orcs are, unfortunately, probably the last orc subset left and they're not a particularly good one. I'd love to see some troll derivatives like forest / frost trolls using a bulkier troll model though and the taunka need to be added eventually considering a decent chunk of questing in WOTLK was devoted to a storyline about getting them into the Horde as they were being genocided by the Lich King.

It's mentioned in Before the Storm that Sylvanas thinks the first three races consider themself the "true" horde and the later additions on a different level, that's pretty obviously based on a sentiment the playerbase (and probably developers) have too - they're the iconic horde, the rest are boltons that fit the motley crew theme, but the foundations need to stay strong.

they are humanoid animals, Anthropomorphic animals, thus monsters
    An anthropomorphic animal =/= a monster.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2018-09-20 at 06:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

...and well tbh, I'd rather see a new regular race, getting kinda sick of These reskins that you have to unlock anyways.
    The unlock sucks, I'll agree whole-heartedly, but I'd rather take 1,000 recolored Orcs over something like Vulpera or God knows what else this community is pining for these days.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I don't consider Pandaren or Vulpera fightening. Just like I don't consider my cat or my dogs frightening.
    I suppose it could be a bit freaky and frightening if I met a talking animal irl, but that is quite a stretch.
    becuse they are softeded so people don't think like that, they are monsters, nd different people find different things frightening

i have friend who can't see dogs, any dogs, and there re some dogs who can give fear to others, like pitbull

Anyway, as long as you think every word you write is fact, then there is no room for discussion.
    but there is noroom from discussion indeed, vulpera are more Horde taking count the aesthetic than elves

And we clearly put weight on different things on what represent the Horde. For me its not about them being monsters, I don't really consider the Horde races monsters except for Undead. For me its their struggle and spirit. Desperate races that have banded together for survival.
    even if you don't consider then, is what they are, and i never say being mosnters is the only thing

You have shamanism, spiritism, honor, a feeling of brotherhood, yes, desperte races who seek horde help, vulpera represent all of this traits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    An anthropomorphic animal =/= a monster.
    If they fit the "any creature, usually imaginary, that is considered frightening or grotesque." then = monsters

becuse they are softeded so people don't think like that, they are monsters, nd different people find different things frightening

i have friend who can't see dogs, any dogs, and there re some dogs who can give fear to others, like pitbull
    Like you said, people think different things are scary. For me Pandarens or Vulpera does not match that description.
    And by your own definition of monster "any creature, usually imaginary, that is considered frightening or grotesque." fits all races, both in alliance and the Horde into that description, besides humans. As long as the person themself finds them scary.

As for the rest of their traits, I'll wait until they are more fleshed out. Right now they are not appealing.

besides humans.
    Humans are the real monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Humans are the real monsters.
    True that.. true that.

I’ve wanted broken in the game since Burning crusade. They look amazing, but blizz decided to add light forged instead of them.

We’ll probably never get them tbh