Druid Balance Dps stats

so i have read quite a few guides for balance druid and most of them mention Crit chance over mastery how come this is better? seeing the direct 1/1 mastery gives to your dmg. where as Crit is just a RNG and since we can't really get more then 30 ish % its just bad? or am i wrong here by a mile

Our Mastery numbers are somewhat lackluster, thus why Mastery sims so low compared to the other stats. Numbers would have to be tweaked on the mastery itself to improve mastery's standing in the overall stat weightings.

Also I would train yourself out of this thought process of "RNG stat is inferior because it's RNG", what's important is how it sims.

It's probably because Mastery only buffs Starsurge by half as much as everything else. But as Dremmy says just sim your stat weights every time you get new gear as the relative values will vary quite a lot. Mastery is always going to be the worst though unless they change something.

As has been mentioned, mastery scaling is just terrible compared to crit scaling right now. It feels almost akin to how Ret paladins felt at the beginning of Legion, where mastery gear was trash gear... probably not THAT bad, but it's similar. Right now for my gear, Haste currently is worth more than Intellect according to sims, each point of haste providing a little more than 2 DPS per point while Intellect is pretty much a flat 2 DPS... Crit/Verse are in the 1.5-1.8 range, Mastery is almost 1.1, which is the clear outlier. Again, this is with my gear right now, but I'm certain the relative weight of stats is pretty similar for all Moonkins.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by simonlvschal View Post
    or am i wrong here by a mile
    You're terrible at probability. That's really your main issue here. Over the large sets you see in fights, crit effectively becomes a % damage increase. Don't read it as "i have a 30% chance for it to do anything at all", read it as "i do 30% more damage on average".

Mastery is currently tuned so low as to not be worth going after.