Poll: Are you satisfied with the stuff announced today?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    I’m not saying it’ll happen, I’m saying it’s possible. .
    No, it's literally not. Acquisition and Grinds were the problem in Legion. Those things are easy to fix. The actual change you have to make isn't very hard, and that's assuming a change beyond a simple catch up Band-Aid is needed in the first place, considering those problems themselves are self-nerfing.

The issue with Azerite goes deeper. It's not a simple change to make, it's one where their hands largely seem to be tied. It's simply not salvageable. At best it will come out barely palatable. That's still a bad system.

I’d also like to see what they mean by “class developments” because development is not usually used when talking about tuning. Again, it’s all somewhat vague so I’d like to see it before I deem it terrible.
    "Unfinished" classes (Spriest, DPS Shaman, Feral Druids) are going to be "finished" (brought up to similar "quality" to, say, Frost DKs). That's really it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    I hate OW and Battle royale games.

I'm bored of LoL.

All other games I enjoy are single player.
    I don't care about your excuses, I'm just saying that if you don't enjoy a game, play one that you enjoy and make friends there. Not complicated.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I see, you feel as though your class has become clunky or boring. I really know nothing about demon hunters since I only play trolls. I know I have seen them jumping about and appearing and disappearing really fast when they attack something, and sometimes they grow giant and shoot green out of their face. I guess, for me, having so many toons, it is easy for me to switch to something else if I get bored/dislike something, but I have enjoyed all the classes Darkspear can play (which is everything except Demon Hunter and Paladin, but I am hopeful for Demoniacs and Prelates with my Zanda so I can finally see what the other classes are like).
    How are any of the troll classes you play an upgrade or improvement over their Legion design?

Warfront: I'm glad it's not human vs. orc themed again. Was expecting just more of that. But I do hope there's some big gameplay changes to warfronts as well because right now they're just poopy.

Islands: Don't give a fuck.

New raid: As long as it's fun. Raiding is the main reason I play.

Heritage armor: Good. I don't play dwarves, but at least we'll be seeing armor for other races coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh wow, the casual player doesn't see a problem with pruning, the removal of utility and so on. What a surprise!
    It should not be a surprise, since the vast majority of paying customers are casual, and Blizzard would want to make something that the majority enjoys over a minority. At least, I think that is how business works, or at least, the evidence is here to show it.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Contender Saverem View Post
    I don't care about your excuses, I'm just saying that if you don't enjoy a game, play one that you enjoy and make friends there. Not complicated.
    Not an excuse. There are reasons people continue playing a game such as WoW despite hating it's state.

In fact, WoW will continue to be the #1 MMO in the market purely for social reasons, not because of it's game design.

Be ignorant of that reality as much as you want. It changes nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    LOL this too and this went over everyone's heads
    You seem surprised? O.o Blizzard have since WoD delayed flying undtil X.2 and i don't think anybody expected anything different... This is why people don't give a crap about it, because they know when it comes and nothing is likely to change blizzards mind.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I mean some yes, but mostly no.

"Tuning Azerite traits" and "adding complexity" sounds nice, but will they actually deliver? Probably not. Even if they do it will help but not really solve the inherent issues with how its set up for off specs. Having multiple RNG pieces and min/maxing all of them is still a massive pain and really tuning specific azerite traits won't solve any of the core issues with Azerite gear, or the Azerite leveling process. Not to mention I'll still be stuck doing errands and grinds I don't really want to do, but have to because they're the most efficient for gaining ilvls. Give me a system where I can actually play what I want to play, rather than what I have to because of what the game dictates is best.

Am I still interested in what will happen with the story and all that? Sure, but story is really only the icing on the cake for me, systems/gameplay > story for me personally.

Not to mention I'm still struggling to find a main class that I actually really enjoy. Everything is mostly luke warm to me.

I think it's phenomenal if they actually deliver what they are saying. Specifically, I hope they do more with the Azerite traits. Many have said that it's a good system in theory, but poorly executed. Hopefully they will step it up. They are also addressing a huge portion of the current complaints by the players, which is really good. It's nice to see that they are actually listening. I was wondering why they did not mention anything about Shaman though...

And I'm really psyched that they are not adding an additional grind for the new allied races. Yay!

And Champions of Azeroth is no longer tied to character - Yay!

And rep can be done on any character now. Yay! I know it's not the full enchilada, but it's a huge step in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should not be a surprise, since the vast majority of paying customers are casual, and Blizzard would want to make something that the majority enjoys over a minority. At least, I think that is how business works, or at least, the evidence is here to show it.
    Notice how the game continued growing when casuals were around, but class design was catered to people that weren't dumb. It's so weird how massive sub drops started happening in the age of pruning.

Nope, blatantly catering to casuals is a good business decision though!

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The garbage backasswards gcd changes

Not a fan of the GCD change myself, but what made you think this was going to be discussed?

The mobs scaling with ilvl

Again, they already talked about stuff like this, what were expecting?

no flying

Flying will be back with pathfinder part 2.

improving garbage rewards

Not even sure what this means?

actual improvements to the asserite system

They talked about this

adressing broken classes/specs

It's be known for some time 8.1 was the date for these. While not discussed yet, we know "something" is coming.

masterloot

What were expecting, they made their choice.

anchorweed being extremely rare

It is rare.

professions other than cooking and alchemy being basically worthless already

They let us know that new profession stuff is coming, I'm sure it will be datamined soon.

So pay attention maybe?
    It's always "it's coming" with blizzard i swear this community has some serious stockholm syndrome going on. It's always "it's coming, don't worry" or "soon" or "next patch".
    Just saying "we will adress this" isn't actual information, it's not answering anything.

How are any of the troll classes you play an upgrade or improvement over their Legion design?
    I have found them MUCH easier and more fun to play. In Legion, frankly, may toolbars were all over the place, and I had trouble on some of my toons even understanding how people could play them. One example that comes to mind is my Arcane version of my mages. In Legion I died countless times while leveling, and I had to drink after every fight. Now, my arcane mage seems very steamlined and easy to understand and I have not even had to conjure a single drink at all while leveling. Others were my Elemental Shaman and Shadow Priest (I see people upset often about them), but honestly, in Legion they seemed much more complicated to me. In fact, those artifact weapons really made things very convoluted for me, and again, my toolbars were out of control. Everything seems much easier for me to understand and enjoy on both of those classes. I have had absolutely no issues leveling either of those classes and my toolbars are not even mucked up with a lot of things I did not even use or really get the point thereof.

My theory is that Blizzard is able to look at any data they need, so they may have looked at a huge number of people playing the classes and seen that a lot of us did not even do "X,Y or Z" ever. Because I never needed to, and I don't even know what some of the terms people use mean like "min/maxing" or when people say "gutted, clunky, broken" and such and I am leveling all these classes and enjoying it very much. I think they must have used a lot of stuff on their classes that I didn't use, or maybe they were better suited for complicated things. I only play for fun and I enjoy doing a huge variety of content and classes. Really the only two things in the game I am set to is- I only play Horde and I only play trolls lol.

Anyway, this expansion, my classes seem much less complicated and much more fun to play. From my perspective, and again, according to the polls and the way Blizzard did this, the evidence would point to a majority of players doing like I do.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I apologize if this comes off wrong, but I am asking why? Like, what does that mean? I don't know what is the actual issue. My shadow priest kills things great, my elemental shaman takes on four mobs and once and walks away without a scratch. The interfaces and spells are working right, I am not understanding what is happening. Middle ground? Abiguous. Are you unable to level up? Is this as I said some sort of "hardcore" end game stuff that I will never play that is what people are having issue with? I know I make up the majority of the playerbase, so is it fringe things like rated BGs and Arena/Mythic stuff that I never play and have no interest in, is it that the classes can't do something in those extreme ends?
    Shhh...you're making too much sense...these people will never grasp your logic...the world is burning, everything sucks...wahhh.wahh...*dumps salt*...this is what they understand

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Notice how the game continued growing when casuals were around, but class design was catered to people that weren't dumb. It's so weird how massive sub drops started happening in the age of pruning.

Nope, blatantly catering to casuals is a good business decision though!
    I have no idea about massive subs dropping as you say, because I am not on any type of board at Blizzard privy to such information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not an excuse. There are reasons people continue playing a game such as WoW despite hating it's state.

In fact, WoW will continue to be the #1 MMO in the market purely for social reasons, not because of it's game design.

Be ignorant of that reality as much as you want. It changes nothing.
    If you don't think there is something wrong with "I'm not enjoying doing this thing, but I'll continue to do it solely because I can be social here" then the problem isn't with the game, it's with the player.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I have found them MUCH easier and more fun to play.
    So you consider removing things from classes making them more fun? How, exactly?

Much easier for sure. Which is precisely why some people (myself included) hate them.

In Legion, frankly, may toolbars were all over the place, and I had trouble on some of my toons even understanding how people could play them.
    And you think games shouldn't have intrincate mechanics that separate someone that understands how to play them from the people who don't?

Honestly, Legion design was very straigth-foward. MoP had nearly twice as many abilities than Legion.

In Legion I died countless times while leveling, and I had to drink after every fight.
    That seems like an issue of you not understanding when to dump charges.

Now, my arcane mage seems very steamlined and easy to understand and I have not even had to conjure a single drink at all while leveling.
    Again you're only mentioning something as "fun" because it's "easier". Your criteria seems rather shallow. You seem to disconsider classes should have depth, that they should take time and effort into mastering.

You continue to say that exact same thing (it's easier, there's less stuff on my bars, so it's "fun!") through your reply, which makes me wonder just how casual are you.

I find it appaling how you even mention shadow priest as something complicated in Legion and that your bars were "out of control".

There was nothing complicated about Shadow Priest in Legion. It just required a minimal effort in understanding the current mechanic.

Start of Legion shadow priest was all about Surrender, which required planning and timing (you had to know when you could use it, by calculating the fight length, and how to maintain it the longest so you'd die as the boss die). Then, for Tomb and Antorus it worked in Void Form minute long cycles...that again, were not complicated. It just required a functioning brain on understanding when to use your Mind bender and maintain your single target rotation as optimally as you could.

The rotation consisted of Shadow Word: pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Void Eruption/Void Bolt, Mind Flay, Void Torrent, Shadow Word: Death and Mind bender. So that's a grand total of 8 abilities, 2 being minute long cooldowns. 2 of these were dots that you maintained forever with Void Bolt, so never had to recast. So FOUR ABILITIES in your rotation.

And you have the audacity to say that is "overcomplicated and left your bars a complicated mess".

Four abilities.
    Last edited by bewbew; 2018-09-18 at 08:57 PM.

It seems promising, but it won't matter when the core gameplay is still mediocre. Still, I'm looking forward to it, mostly the incursions and the raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reputation restricted transmog items will have restrictions removed.
    That was all I needed. Everything else was icing on the cake.

Now my Mag'Har Shaman can wear the Laughing Skull mask I unlocked on my Hunter.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'm worried about is that they don't open new raid too early. Need few monthes to progress in Uldir. Otherwise everything that was announced was pretty much expected with few nice touches.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    It's always "it's coming" with blizzard i swear this community has some serious stockholm syndrome going on. It's always "it's coming, don't worry" or "soon" or "next patch".
    Just saying "we will adress this" isn't actual information, it's not answering anything.
    Chillax, bro.

Also excellent choice for a name.