Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Coin Roll BLP gone?

I just rolled my 5th coin today, and a guildie stayed they rolled 6 and every roll has been for AP. Anyone else have this issue?

RNG is RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    its bullshit dude

i haven't gotten a single item from coins this entire expac, nor has any world boss dropped any loot
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    RNG is RNG.
    Except bad luck protection used to be a thing, where your 5th coin roll was a guaranteed piece of loot.
    Speaking of BLP, having it on m+ caches for azerite gear is completely worthless to me as a raider, and basically means I’m guaranteed 1 out of 5 weeks I’m getting a 100% piece of shit gear drop.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I have priest that has gain an item for every coin roll and a Druid who hasn’t won anything yet

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    RNG is RNG.
    Yeah RNG needs to go fuck itself. Its gotten pretty out of hand.

At least you aren't my DK.

Got a 370 cape from the Warfront, great!
    And a 370 cape from the mythic dungeon quest, that was a downgrade.
    And a 365 cape from his PvP weekly cache.
    And a 360 cape from his mythic + cache.
    And guess what all his arena drops have been?

Its really fucking abysmally pathetic that the gearing in this game has turned to just simple luck boxes every week. Get fucked? You might as well quit and come back next season.

I've used 6 coins so far and have gotten 3 items from it, not counting items dropped from the boss itself. It's literally just rng being rng.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Yeah RNG needs to go fuck itself. Its gotten pretty out of hand.
    I think a lot RNG is blizzards way of inputting lootboxes in WoW. RNG is addictive in general ,sucks but addictive.

A sample size of 10? That's pretty much conclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Except bad luck protection used to be a thing, where your 5th coin roll was a guaranteed piece of loot.
    Speaking of BLP, having it on m+ caches for azerite gear is completely worthless to me as a raider, and basically means I’m guaranteed 1 out of 5 weeks I’m getting a 100% piece of shit gear drop.
    It's early so I could be gapping, but how did you come to that conclusion? I'm not seeing the logic behind it.
    Last edited by Peroxidex; 2018-09-18 at 05:39 PM.

Well, I got the 355 staff from G'huun so...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    A sample size of 10? That's pretty much conclusive.
    i guess u don't even understand whats this thread is about ... there used to be a bad luck protection for bonus rolls ...but hey its mmo-c so there must be atleast 1 dude in this case you who doesn't read what the OP wrote and just slams his comment on here

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    I think a lot RNG is blizzards way of inputting lootboxes in WoW. RNG is addictive in general ,sucks but addictive.
    I don't find it to be addictive. I find it to be forced and annoying. The coin is kind of like a loot box except I can force the box to contain about 3 items and have a chance at one of them.

The RNG is getting a little insane and I'm getting mild shaft so far, not the total balls deep shaft, but like uncomfortable shaft. Hopefully the balance starts. I'm about to log in for the first time today, I've lit two RNGesus candles and sacrificed two pigs. So lets go piece I actually need!

EDIT:Cape...already had 370. Burned by RNG! Oh well, raid loots, M+ and Cache for next week gooo!
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2018-09-18 at 06:48 PM.

I just rolled my 5th coin today, and a guildie stayed they rolled 6 and every roll has been for AP. Anyone else have this issue?
    coins are beynd terrible this expansion . they could as well remove them at this point since they give 0 loot :/

probably bugged and blizzard will admit it in couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    i guess u don't even understand whats this thread is about ... there used to be a bad luck protection for bonus rolls ...but hey its mmo-c so there must be atleast 1 dude in this case you who doesn't read what the OP wrote and just slams his comment on here
    Ah, so it's the "it was once like this so nothing could have changed!" or "we've seen so many bugs and inconsistencies, I expect everything to work perfectly!" mentality. BLP was mainly to help legendary drops, but certainly you should expect it to continue in BfA!

I hope this didn't distract you from your day job, I really hate unevenly cooked burgers and soggy fries.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    coins are beynd terrible this expansion . they could as well remove them at this point since they give 0 loot :/

probably bugged and blizzard will admit it in couple of weeks.
    im 2 for 4 on coins. its almost as if its random.

I can't find any source for guaranteed loot after 5, perhaps it's 99% after 5 if you anecdotally have found that to be when you get loot? I've seen no evidence that BLP has been removed to my knowledge. It could be bugged, but plenty of people seem to be getting loot, so maybe you've just been unlucky?

It used to go up to like 8 or 10 before a forced item.

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    BLP was mainly to help legendary drops, but certainly you should expect it to continue in BfA!
    Bonus Roll BLP was added in 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    At least you aren't my DK.

Got a 370 cape from the Warfront, great!
    And a 370 cape from the mythic dungeon quest, that was a downgrade.
    And a 365 cape from his PvP weekly cache.
    And a 360 cape from his mythic + cache.
    And guess what all his arena drops have been?

Its really fucking abysmally pathetic that the gearing in this game has turned to just simple luck boxes every week. Get fucked? You might as well quit and come back next season.
    That exact thing is happening to me. Fucking cloak rng curse