10+ Year Old Account

Fel blade vs blind fury

For a demonic setup, I know eye beam has really good synergy, but has anyone tried felblade instead of blind fury? Is it worth it? My raiding is fairly casual so I don't have many chances to test them extensively against the other but would be nice to know though.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Sim using https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/talents to compare talents. I don't believe there are many/any situations FB does better since BF fills up your fury bar to maximize dps. Just simmed my character in Patchwerk and FB was 2.5% worse. Anything with adds would widen this gap since EB would do more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Sim using https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/talents to compare talents. I don't believe there are many/any situations FB does better since BF fills up your fury bar to maximize dps. Just simmed my character in Patchwerk and FB was 2.5% worse. Anything with adds would widen this gap since EB would do more damage.
    Thank you!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fel blade tends to underperform on specs that dont use demon blades since you are competing with the slightly worse demons bite for globals. Eyebeam filling up your bar sets you up for a strong demonic window. Felblade is still used for the mom build though since that uses demon blades.

This is also before considering cleave which benefits eyebeam more.
    Malvanis | <Scuffed> OCE

Drop by if you have any DH questions:
    http://www.twitch.tv/malvanis

Quote Originally Posted by Malvanis View Post
    Fel blade tends to underperform on specs that dont use demon blades since you are competing with the slightly worse demons bite for globals. Eyebeam filling up your bar sets you up for a strong demonic window. Felblade is still used for the mom build though since that uses demon blades.

This is also before considering cleave which benefits eyebeam more.
    and there is also the fact that sims aren't optimized for FB/DB with demonic AT ALL, so it's not that it is bad, we just don't know, how it actually performs on ST

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    and there is also the fact that sims aren't optimized for FB/DB with demonic AT ALL, so it's not that it is bad, we just don't know, how it actually performs on ST
    I tried this on random mobs outside of instances and on one m0... It just don't work correctly. I don't have enough fury to do anything. I tried it on this weeks WB and its not working either.
    FB+DB works with momentum and don't work well with Demonic.
    I won't try it in raids because I'm tanking anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Optimising this is literally "are you going to cap fury, if no then fel blade." Sims are definitely taking it into account.
    Malvanis | <Scuffed> OCE

Drop by if you have any DH questions:
    http://www.twitch.tv/malvanis

Quote Originally Posted by funf View Post
    I tried this on random mobs outside of instances and on one m0... It just don't work correctly. I don't have enough fury to do anything. I tried it on this weeks WB and its not working either.
    FB+DB works with momentum and don't work well with Demonic.
    I won't try it in raids because I'm tanking anyway.
    it works fine, I was playing it for a bit and would still play it if the aoe talents werent so superior in m+, sure momentum gets the extra regen from VR, but demonic gets extra from the haste uptime and felblade procs too. Sure, you don't have always something to press, but thats same with momentum and free GCDs can be freely used to dispell, CC etc without the opportunity cost that demons bite builds have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malvanis View Post
    Optimising this is literally "are you going to cap fury, if no then fel blade." Sims are definitely taking it into account.
    if you actually looked at the sims, you would see that they are not
    this is comparing FB/DB demonic vs nemesis, just for demonstration purposes and how sims somehow lose resource generation with demonic compared to nemesis (and blank talent) and how it casts way less felblades, which leads to less Anni/CS (obviously)
    https://imgur.com/a/4kQh9Et

it works fine, I was playing it for a bit and would still play it if the aoe talents werent so superior in m+, sure momentum gets the extra regen from VR, but demonic gets extra from the haste uptime and felblade procs too. Sure, you don't have always something to press, but thats same with momentum and free GCDs can be freely used to dispell, CC etc without the opportunity cost that demons bite builds have
    Sometime I can't do anything for up to 5 sec because DB won't proc fury and FB stays on CD and don't proc of DB... Maybe it's only bad luck or it's bad placement on my part.

Havoc isn't my main spec (Veng is). I tryed it and it's not working for me (FB+DB+Demonic), FB+DB+Momentum works for me, but it probably underperform. I'll try other talents next.

Thanks for the advices.

I've been playing around with Havoc and i can't seem to let go of Fel Blade, not just due to fury gains but for extra mobility
    Money talks, bullshit walks..