Poll: Is youtube spreading right wing extremism?

Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Is Youtube turning people into right wing extremists?

A recent report is spreading around about how Youtube has a network of commentators who are spreading right wing extremism. The report, from Data&Society, a non-profit organization that is partially funded by donors like George Soros and the Gates Foundation, raises concerns that right wingers are not being adequately censored enough, and are even allowed to make money off of talking to people with inappropriate opinions.

Do you listen to any commentators on Youtube? Do you believe that people like Sargon of Akkad are facilitating the spread of extreme right wing ideology?

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/18/how...paganda-organ/
    YouTube, long under fire for its role in disseminating far-right propaganda, was recently lauded for its decision to remove fringe conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ page from its platform. Yet a new report reveals the depths to which the Google-owned online video platform is adept at propagating far-right propaganda, running the gamut from white supremacy to racist alt-right ideologies.

A new report published on Tuesday by Data & Society Research Institute, an independent nonprofit, brings to light an entire network identified as the Alternative Influence Network (AIN), which, via the report, is defined as a network of 65 political influencers across 81 channels who profit from broadcasting their views. Many of these influencers openly support racism, misogyny, and white nationalism on the platform. Researcher Rebecca Lewis of Data & Society penned the report, which was published on Tuesday.
    https://variety.com/2018/digital/new...rs-1202946918/
    self-proclaimed libertarian and conservative YouTubers play a key role in promoting racist and white nationalist views. That’s because in many instances, they host members of the far right on their shows without effectively challenging their points of view. “There is a really slippery nature to this,” Lewis said during a media call Tuesday.
    Source of report:
    https://datasociety.net/
    You might be getting brainwashed into right wing extremism if you watch these people:
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Wait. Is Joe Rogan on there because they needed more names that people wouldn't go "Who?" at?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Wait. Is Joe Rogan on there because they needed more names that people wouldn't go "Who?" at?
    Well, Joe Rogan has talked to people who are considered right wing extremists, like Elon Musk and Jordan Peterson.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What is more likely is Youtube is a place to get perspectives you don't normally get to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Well, Joe Rogan has talked to people who are considered right wing extremists, like Elon Musk and Jordan Peterson.
    This is why Trump won. Can the left be alienate their voting blocs even more? LETS FIND OUT

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just hilarious, i believe the world gets more and more retarded each day. How some companies love to generalize bunch of people they don't like and attack them, while spreading it via social networks for others to easily pick up and keep the hate rolling.

And how the fuck you can get brainwashed via youtube? You literally watch whatever you want, if you want to be brainwashed, off course you will. If you want to create an echo chamber of people who put content that is fitting your image of the world - off course you can. Unless you treat youtube as a TV (aka, turning trending and recommended playlist on autoplay while laying down in front of monitor and absorbing everything) - you are fine
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-09-19 at 05:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    What is more likely is Youtube is a place to get perspectives you don't normally get to see.
    Some people would consider it dangerous to hear certain ideas. Just imagine how miserable you would be if you constantly had an idea you aren't allowed to have rattling around in your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The fact that Chris Ray Gun is even on this chart shows how retarded it is. Chris Ray Gun is literally a Liberal, and talks about it openly. He isn't even close to Right Wing.
    He probably talked to the wrong person. Now he's on notice, I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people would consider it dangerous to hear certain ideas. Just imagine how miserable you would be if you constantly had an idea you aren't allowed to have rattling around in your brain.
    Probably. There is a lot of people who really wish we only got one perspective, one narrative, and one source of ideas.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    This is why Trump won. Can the left be alienate their voting blocs even more? LETS FIND OUT
    Well lets be fair though, the author of the variety article made it clear 2 weeks ago that conservatives are NOT being censored

https://variety.com/2018/politics/ne...op-1202926136/
    Twitter’s Jack Dorsey and Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg are scheduled to appear on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, and it’s not too difficult to figure out what they should expect from Republican lawmakers: claims of political bias in their algorithms.

In defense of the Silicon Valley titans, there’s no real evidence to back up such claims
    It's a good strategy to have it both ways

are you completely fucking retarded
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-09-19 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    He's literally dating one of the biggest Feminist vloggers on youtube.

/facepalm

The absolute fucking insanity of these people.
    I have no clue about this stuff. Joe Rogan is the only person I can identify from before the politics insanity. Everyone else I either never heard of or only know from having the name spammed here.

A recent report is spreading around about how Youtube has a network of commentators who are spreading right wing extremism. The report, from Data&Society, a non-profit organization that is partially funded by donors like George Soros and the Gates Foundation, raises concerns that right wingers are not being adequately censored enough, and are even allowed to make money off of talking to people with inappropriate opinions.

Do you listen to any commentators on Youtube? Do you believe that people like Sargon of Akkad are facilitating the spread of extreme right wing ideology?

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/18/how...paganda-organ/

https://variety.com/2018/digital/new...rs-1202946918/

Source of report:
    https://datasociety.net/
    You might be getting brainwashed into right wing extremism if you watch these people:
    You do you know that YT and other social media sites recent went through an 'exercise' in de-platforming people they don't agree with?

Also, most of the people you mention on there are centre, centre-right and centre-left.

Sargon - centrist/classical liberal
    Styxhexenhammer - classical liberal/slightly anarchistic (hell the guy used to be a satanist, which isn't devil worship if you're wondering)
    Black pidgeon speaks - classical liberal
    Jordan Peterson - classical liberal
    Joe Rogan - Centre left/libertarian in his philosophy around "do what you want"

Tim Pool - Jesus this guy is a leftist. He probably the most genuine and balanced youtuber there is. All his left/far left supporters are abandoning him now because we all know how much they like to eat their own if they dare speak out against the ideology

I can't help but notice that James Damore is on the list (google memo guy that got fired for daring to provide an evidence-based document that scientific biology plays a part in male and female interests and decisions). Where the fuck did this actually come from?

7+ Year Old Account
    This is such a smear piece it boggles my mind. I particularly love the bit where they talk about the debate Sargon had with Richard Spencer. You can tell they didn't watch it because that is nothing like what happened. As for how they conduct themselves as youtubers? That's them being themselves. I can't speak for the whole group but the ones I watch aren't manipulating their audience. I disagree with them. That's why I watch them, to get differing viewpoints to figure out where I stand.

And another thing, connecting them because they talked to each other? Is talking to people who hold views different from your own that alien?

Remember, they aren't trying to censor and push out conservative voices on the internet and social media. That's just a conspiracy theory. This entire study was done to see why people are listening to voices outside the mainstream. Clearly we can't have that.

Why would they label the quarry king a right wing extremist?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Why would they label the quarry king a right wing extremist?
    I hear the right has all the boulders for him to collect.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

lol, a lot of the people on that chart are either liberal, centrist, or don't really take a firm stance one way or another.

youtube isn't turning anyone into anything, and if anything they HEAVILY favor the left in terms of censorship and promotion, people these days just see everything for what it is. we used to be told the same shit from the same script all around the country and people bought it, that has been exposed with the internet and people realized that the little voice in their head telling them something is wrong isn't just a little voice. there's too much information and too many smart people speaking out these days to spew nonsensical bullshit and get away with it, if those people don't align with your leftist views and you hate them for it enough to call them "right wing extremists," that just makes you seem petty and you drive people away from your way of thinking.

this simple fact is why so many people are supporting the right currently, being told that you're a nazi just because you are open to hearing someone out is a good way to learn who you should and shouldn't associate yourself with. i didn't vote for trump, but if a gun were to my head and i had to either go with him or the people calling me a nazi for hearing out both sides i would go with him.

If anything, the left in general acting like fascists and racists is making right extremists. Yupp keep telling white males growing up that they should hate themselves for being white and male and that totally ends well.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I was a young girl I was recruited and groomed in Mister Metokur's Outer Heaven Sweetie Squad. Since then I have been part of his Cultic troll army and helping to monetize pure evil across the internet. Jim's content never fails to entertain me.

Side note, Mouthy Buddha is a treasure and Blonde in the Belly of the Beast is my spirit animal. Nick "THE KNIFE" Fuentes is sometimes entertaining but really James Allsup is the more real person of the two; given that he isn't religious and virginal like Fuentes. Both are still dedicated to the Autism Right way too damn much. Suprised Coach Red Pill is such a hub.

Tara McCarthy is a lolcow of a joke, and as of a few days ago, I think Sargon of Akkad became irrelevant via his live career suicide stream. Though I am sure he will have endless dick riders for ages to come, Veeh will never be free and so many people huff Sargon's farts that really Sargon cannot fuck up enough to just end like the Quarry King.

Braving Ruin's channel got nuked and so did Baked Alaska destroy his own career on Youtube, shocked they're even mentioned. JF "Le Frenchie Boi" is a freaking autist who bangs other autists.

Roaming is hardly Far-Right, unless making fun of Laci Green is the hardcore Nazism of today. Also Chris is openly liberal and good on him for probably having the best sex of the lot of these e-celebs.

If you want the real Alt-Right/Far-Right youtube content, the real juicy stuff, the hot spicy Right wing radicalization; Its Murdoch Murdoch.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2018-09-19 at 06:13 AM.