Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    'm glad it's legal in Romania. Given the age of these games, that's backwards as all hell.
    I don't disagree at all.

But it is what it is. If the sellers provide a legit way to buy older titles I am fine with that cause it lets me avoid the overpriced part of the used market.

Example: Earthbound retails for around $100-$120 here in the US, Buying the SNES Classic just for that alone paided for it. Not counting all the other titles on there.

And I'm a collector, if I can have a legit way to own something ill go that route.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-09-19 at 08:06 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you download the Rom and not create it yourself that is 100% illegal (at lease in the US).

I don't care if people pirate. But you don't have a real argument when you say (This cost too much I can get it illegally for free).
    Not in my country ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. The price I pay for my Internet connection is enough to justify that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree at all.

But it is what it is. If the sellers provide a legit way to buy older titles I am fine with that cause it lets me avoid the overpriced part of the used market.

Example: Earthbound retails for around $100-$120 here in the US, Buying the SNES Classic just for that alone paided for it. Not counting all the other titles on there.

And I'm a collector, if I can have a legit way to own something ill go that route.
    Yep, fully agree. Gotta abide by the law, no matter where you are, and there's great value in the convenience that these mini consoles provide. It's still nice that Romania doesn't have to deal with this hassle as much as the US though.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2018-09-19 at 08:13 AM.

I bet they'll leave it wide open to modify like the Nintendo minis.
    If not, Sony is foolish :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Same for the NES mini, which I sold off pretty quickly after realising there was a reason my NES was in the attic hehe.
    Thats probably the same reason your PS1 is in the attic

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb256 View Post
    I bet they'll leave it wide open to modify like the Nintendo minis.
    If not, Sony is foolish :P
    Nintendo didn't leave theirs wild open, Why do you think Sony would?

Nether company is going to leave the systems open just so people can put pirated software on them. Nintendo just didn't think anyone would break into it. Even tho people have broken into every system they made since the wii.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pauwel View Post
    Thats probably the same reason your PS1 is in the attic
    Exactly
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Ha! My PSone from '97 is still hooked up to my TV, and i own far too many of the games to buy them again.
    However, since i never owned an NES or SNES i bought both minis.
    So, to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Remember when backwards compatibility was built into consoles and not sold under the guise of a "classic" console?

Also Jumping Flash a "legendary title"? Very debatable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Ha! My PSone from '97 is still hooked up to my TV, and i own far too many of the games to buy them again.
    However, since i never owned an NES or SNES i bought both minis.
    So, to each their own.
    Same. Got hundreds of PS1 games.

I mean 5 dollars a game is actually good value depending on the rarity of some of them.

Just think how all the roms you can put on it once its hacked
    I had only just heard about that a few days ago for the SNES/NES classic, and so that's exactly my thought as I heard about this as well. :P

No, thanks, I'd rather use emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Are not all those titles purchasable from the PSN store and usable on the PS3, PSVita and PS4 for less than 50% the cost of the Plassic? If I have any of Sony's recent hardware then why would I want to buy a smaller version of an older console I already have for games I may also already have or can get for less?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    No, thanks, I'd rather use emulator.
    That's cute, you think this isn't an emulator and real PS1 hardware lmao...

Hell it's probably just repurposed PSV/PSTV chips being thrown in these things since both where bombs and they probably have spares lying around not being used.

The PlayStation classic is too expensive. Not enough games for it. Not enough games that I like will be on it.

On one side, I'm not sure I particularly care for what feels like a trend of taking advantage of the fact you either need to still have the console, go to eBay or use ROMs to get access to this stuff.

On the other hand, ape escape and brave fencer musashi.

Do you think they'll do the Nintendo forced scarcity method?

it might be a nice thing for collectors i guess, i still have the original games i would want it on it anyways. they just trying to use nostalgia now to sell now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Are not all those titles purchasable from the PSN store and usable on the PS3, PSVita and PS4 for less than 50% the cost of the Plassic? If I have any of Sony's recent hardware then why would I want to buy a smaller version of an older console I already have for games I may also already have or can get for less?
    Well, I think you might have hit the nail on the head. This is probably for people extremely risk adverse to buying a PS4 but can still vulnerable to name recognition.

Got all the PS1 I need on my Vita. Still waiting for PS1 (+N64, but that's probably a long ways away) Switch emulation to get up to par. If these "mini" releases were handheld, I'd bite and buy legitimate versions. It seems like I'm in the minority on this though, since people seem to go wild for these releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's cute, you think this isn't an emulator and real PS1 hardware lmao...
    No, I don't, that's why I don't want to buy it. That and also small game base, when I can just download thousands of ROMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    So far the only game out of the 5 i'd be interested in is Wild Arms.

The SNES Classic Mini was great because just 1 game alone exceeded the cost of the console. So far, none of the 5 games come close to the value of the console.

Tekken 3 - $15
    Jumping Flash - $53
    Ridge Racer Type 4 - $6
    Wild Arms - $25
    Final Fantasy 7 - $22

https://www.lukiegames.com/
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.