Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    No, I don't, that's why I don't want to buy it. That and also small game base, when I can just download thousands of ROMs.
    You did.

And it's also still cute you think this product is aimed at people "downloading 1000s of ROMs" when it's just a cheap item to have on the shelves and sell during the holiday season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You did.

And it's also still cute you think this product is aimed at people "downloading 1000s of ROMs" when it's just a cheap item to have on the shelves and sell during the holiday season.
    For me, a person without a home PC, these are great! I can still enjoy some older games, and it is on a small device!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

What I don't get is why a physical console? Why not do this through PSN. Monthly subscription and access to a lot more titles would potentially cost Sony a lot less in manufacturing costs and increase their subscription base enough to surpass the $99 they are asking for on the mini.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vast majority of the games didn't age well, games that are worth replaying are getting remakes. So i see very little use of this, if i wanted to display my old school gamer nostalgia feels i would simply put my old PS1 on display.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this Nintendo?

What a load of crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Creativity is far from dead.
    Its dead Jtbrig...its dead

Or maybe im just too old to understand this age and time.

Meh, I'll just wait for the N64 mini. It will actually have games I want to play (was never into FF).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just think how all the roms you can put on it once its hacked

But really I'm sold on these "Mini Classic" systems, Its a legit way to own games and it doesn't break the bank. I just hope they keep it in stock for a good long while.

- - - Updated - - -

You would have a point if...and its a very big IF.

If it wasn't for the fact we get a ass load of new games daily.
    PSTV/Vita is way more powerful and can put way more shit on it, hell it even has AM2R ported to it now .

Sadly original 3d games didn't age well for my tastes. Yes, some of the games I played on the PS will go down in my mind as some of the best of there time and all time. But it just hasn't translated for me into reputability today. PS2 and beyond was great. SNES and down is good. But these OG 3d titles? Ugh.. Not saying there isn't outliers but for the most part... ugh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Sadly original 3d games didn't age well for my tastes. Yes, some of the games I played on the PS will go down in my mind as some of the best of there time and all time. But it just hasn't translated for me into reputability today. PS2 and beyond was great. SNES and down is good. But these OG 3d titles? Ugh.. Not saying there isn't outliers but for the most part... ugh...
    Breath of Fire IV aged perfectly with time because is mostly a 2D game.
    The best of the best

The rest 3D old games...uff. Not so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys dumb? Damn it's just a collector's item!

We all know that there's better, cheaper and easier way to play old PS One classics. This thing is for those who want a cool collectible item and that's it! If you just want to play the old games or if you're not interrested at all by this, just leave it to collectors. WTF is the problem? Why for some it's always a stupid idea to create something from the past or for nostalgia?
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Breath of Fire IV aged perfectly with time because is mostly a 2D game.
    The best of the best

The rest 3D old games...uff. Not so much
    Which sadly includes Xenogears. If there is one game that would be perfect for a remaster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    Are you guys dumb? Damn it's just a collector's item!

We all know that there's better, cheaper and easier way to play old PS One classics. This thing is for those who want a cool collectible item and that's it! If you just want to play the old games or if you're not interrested at all by this, just leave it to collectors. WTF is the problem? Why for some it's always a stupid idea to create something from the past or for nostalgia?
    Does the Breath of Fire IV CD i have right beside me...work in this machine?
    If it does...maybe ill buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Which sadly includes Xenogears. If there is one game that would be perfect for a remaster.
    uh uh uh, isnt that incredibly rare?
    I forgot all about my "collector phase" i had a long ago.
    But i remember that being very rare...and i wanted it.

Serious question, are any of these games not available on the PS store? Otherwise, I don't see the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Serious question, are any of these games not available on the PS store? Otherwise, I don't see the point.
    And do old PSOne games work in this machine?

I forgot all about my "collector phase" i had a along ago.
    Rare doesn't mean it has to be lost and unappreciated. The amount of times Square has remastered a Final Fantasy game, and yet seem to neglect one of the most beloved RPGs on the PS1. Thankfully I still have my original copy. Unfortunately, on a 60" screen, the pixilation is rough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will it be able to play PS1 games?

Like if I pull out my copy of Chrono Cross will it play it?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

And do old PSOne games work in this machine?
    I'm curious about that as well. I have a ton of old games from back in the day that I'd love to play again but just don't have the hardware to do it. I haven't looked into "alternative" means to play them though.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the Breath of Fire IV CD i have right beside me...work in this machine?
    If it does...maybe ill buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot all about my "collector phase" i had a long ago.
    You can buy Xenogears on PSN for like $5-10 right now. The old disc game was pretty rare, but if all you want is to play the game, it's available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Serious question for real??? It's a &#$%#@ collector item! If you want to play old games just play on PS Store. There's only 20 games and it's for those collecting old classic mini consoles. Just pass by please and don't ask stupid question!
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You can buy Xenogears on PSN for like $5-10 right now. The old disc game was pretty rare, but if all you want is to play the game, it's available.
    Oh really? I didnt know, thanks.