[Speculation] Could it be... that we're going to Deepholm later this xpac?

ok. disclaimer first. I tried to search for it, and found nothing but associated sound file on wowhead and no comments, so I apologize if these were discussed before, but I'm intrigued and need to vent somewhere

anyway, these things are currently lying in game files and nobody seems to care

there are few of them and its basically same thing just colored to different gem colors currently in use by jewelcrafters.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I read EARTHEN + JEWEL, I immediately think of Deepholm of all things. I realise I'm grasping at straws here, but what if next stage of saving Azeroth requires us to go underground? After all, that sword went in pretty deep. I'm not implying it will be some major piece of content, perhaps some WQs? No?

At the very least, I think its safe to assume that we're looking at future jewelcrafting profession updates.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be something related to a new zone. N'Zoth's prison could have Earthens, y'know.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    anyway, these things are currently lying in game files and nobody seems to care
    Most players play the game instead of going into files that could - or not - make it into the live version.

Strange, I know.

Deleted
    It says jewelcrafting. Why would this have anything to do with Deepholm?

pretty sure these are just the remains of gutted profession quests

Hey man, anything could happen. You might just be right.

i would guess its called that because its just simply a jewel crafting shrine in an "earthen" style (rocks and dirt)

however, if it was referring to something bigger than that. it would likely be referring to... earthen.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Earthen

but even still thats a stretch. since it is just a big rock, its likely just referencing the style.

Could be quest related for epic gems.

Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    It says jewelcrafting. Why would this have anything to do with Deepholm?
    well, like I said, I understand that this is stretching it, but my logic here was that earthen seems to be present at key locations related to Azeroth (for example go down to that underground hall in silithus where you first obtain necklace, group of earthen there). And last time we saw earthen before that, was in Deepholm. If memory serves they had some kind of settlement there, which we helped to defend. So if earthen are going to play bigger role in future BfA, even if it just profession advancement, its a perfect place for a faction down there. Besides its all shiny and sparkly as well