Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Social behaviour down the drain?

Hi guys, usually i'm not the kind of guy to vent, but I need to find out whether or not I'm just not getting it.

I was in a Tol'vir group, everything went pretty smoothly, some people were pulling mobs they weren't supposed to, some died here and there but no wipes.

It was on the way to the second last boss when the rogue decided it's time to sneak past the mobs standing in the alleyways and just ran though.
    He ran out of reach for me to receive the shroud of concealment and ended up pulling a group because of it. He then started to insult me, and when I tried to explain, they straight kicked me out of the group.

It's not the first time something like this happened to me, and i start to avoid pugs more and more. I can't really maintain a guild membership because i rarely have time for raids so guild runs kinda not an option really.

Is it that bad for everyone or am i just unlucky?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why people have experiences like this and then think 'omg people r jerks in WoW now??'

The game has ALWAYS had jerks. It has ALWAYS had people who would do stupid shit and blame someone else. It has ALWAYS had pricks who would kick others out of group for asinine reasons. @op, if you can't play in a guild or with friends, then you put yourself at the mercy of impatient PuGs with no tolerance for anything that slows them down. That's just the way it is.

I know the urban myth is that WOW was a wonderful paradise of player co-existence until crossrealm servers and LFG, but that is a load of horseshit.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno what u guys are doing to get kicked multiple times .. the last time i got kicked in a pug was Wrath when i was one of these guys who pulled mobs because the tanks were to slow for my taste .. i guess it must be a problem with you since u said it yourself its not the first time .. you are either slow, low dps , crap healer

Welcome to the internet, let me be your guide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warcrafts social behaviour went into decline during Wotlk when they aimed for a certain type of playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm not sure why people have experiences like this and then think 'omg people r jerks in WoW now??'

The game has ALWAYS had jerks. It has ALWAYS had people who would do stupid shit and blame someone else. It has ALWAYS had pricks who would kick others out of group for asinine reasons.

I know the urban myth is that WOW was a wonderful paradise of player co-existence until crossrealm servers and LFG, but that is a load of horseshit.
    It's not horseshite though.

The main issue is because over years, people realized they can be assholes with absolutely no blow back. It's why I think bans should happen for repeat jerks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    It's not horseshite though.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Classic and BC both had more than their fill of jerks, of douchebags, of ninjas/elitists/pricks/etc. This is not a Wrath/LFG phenomenon and I have no idea why people like you try to insist that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The main issue is because over years, people realized they can be assholes with absolutely no blow back. It's why I think bans should happen for repeat jerks
    They do. People here post all the time how they've been 'wrongly' banned or silenced, when all it takes is a glance at their post history to see exactly how unjust said ban/silence really is.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-09-30 at 04:46 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have ALWAYS been assholes.. it's not a recent thing.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Blizzard doesn't care, doesn't have a working report system. So yeah, people abuse that. Doing this one time should result in a permanent vacation from the game, but you know, indie company and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    People have ALWAYS been assholes.. it's not a recent thing.
    I'm glad someone else gets it.

10+ Year Old Account

The game has ALWAYS had jerks. It has ALWAYS had people who would do stupid shit and blame someone else. It has ALWAYS had pricks who would kick others out of group for asinine reasons. @op, if you can't play in a guild or with friends, then you put yourself at the mercy of impatient PuGs with no tolerance for anything that slows them down. That's just the way it is.

Wow wasn't a paradise before. its just that you couldn't really kick people that easily before because you had to go back to town to search for a new player and then fly or run back to the instance again. Each player was valuable back in the day but now its just kick and auto invite another player.

yeah, since LFG ensures you will rarely meet the same ppl ever again, is easy to be a jerk specially since there are no consequences. Gotta say too, that the average LFG are silent people that just want to finish the run so dont loose hope just yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Classic and BC both had more than their fill of jerks, of douchebags, of ninjas/elitists/pricks/etc. This is not a Wrath/LFG phenomenon and I have no idea why people like you try to insist that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

They do. People here post all the time how they've been 'wrongly' banned or silenced, when all it takes is a glance at their post history to see exactly how unjust said ban/silence really is.
    See what I mean, it's exactly the type of players that come s on here with "what ever helps you sleep at night" shit. Nothing can be a debate it must be an argument with a snidey comment thrown in.

Before all this x server garbage people would atleast try and conduct themselves as you would get a reputation. I agree it always had it's fair share of bellends but since that expac there was a huge influx in that sort of behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
    Wow wasn't a paradise before. its just that you couldn't really kick people that easily before because you had to go back to town to search for a new player and then fly or run back to the instance again. Each player was valuable back in the day but now its just kick and auto invite another player.
    Absolutely true, kicking and replacing is trivialized, for sure. But the topic isn't about ease of kicking and replacing, it was a commentary that WoW's community/social behavior was somehow worse, when it really isn't. That ugliness has always been there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    yeah, since LFG ensures you will rarely meet the same ppl ever again, is easy to be a jerk specially since there are no consequences. Gotta say too, that the average LFG are silent people that just want to finish the run so dont loose hope just yet.
    Exactly what that man said.

That particular experience isn't a huge indicator but yeah, overall the playerbase of WoW is the most negative, bitchy group you will find on the internet. People are kick-happy these days and completely intolerant of mistakes, and I genuinely think there's a subset of the playerbase that gets off on kicking people and replacing them.

It hasn't happened to me much (and not at all in BfA) but I see it way too often. There's just a pervasive feeling of apathy in the playerbase that spreads to player interactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    Hi guys, usually i'm not the kind of guy to vent, but I need to find out whether or not I'm just not getting it.

I was in a Tol'vir group, everything went pretty smoothly, some people were pulling mobs they weren't supposed to, some died here and there but no wipes.

It was on the way to the second last boss when the rogue decided it's time to sneak past the mobs standing in the alleyways and just ran though.
    He ran out of reach for me to receive the shroud of concealment and ended up pulling a group because of it. He then started to insult me, and when I tried to explain, they straight kicked me out of the group.

It's not the first time something like this happened to me, and i start to avoid pugs more and more. I can't really maintain a guild membership because i rarely have time for raids so guild runs kinda not an option really.

Is it that bad for everyone or am i just unlucky?
    Sadly just you having been unlucky to be in a group that values rushing/speeding through content more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Seen similar anti-social behavior as far back as when I was playing MUDs in the mid 80s. This isn't new.

Deleted
    my dude without friends these days you are genuinly so called fucked in pve and pvp
    imagine if you had 1 friend there he would have defended you and the vote would fail

mmo btw

7+ Year Old Account
    Total anonymity on the Internet that allows individuals to "get away with" toxic behavior is to blame. There is no consequences for somebody without a name or a face spewing toxicity at you.

Not everybody is like this, however.

Remember when Blizzard was going to make Battle.net and "Real ID" show players first and last names? Do you remember the supermassive backlash that received?

Perhaps that would have curbed the behavior, if only slightly...