Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    How about... you know... TURNING OFF FRIENDLY FIRE?

What, is it "unrealistic" and "immersion breaking" to not be able to kill your team mates? It's a fucking video game that doesn't even play the Realism card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    It's a fucking video game that doesn't even play the Realism card.
    So you've never heard of rainbow six before?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So you've never heard of rainbow six before?
    He propably heard about the previous games that DID try to play the realism card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Just disable the ability to team kill.

Why go through all this effort?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    How about... you know... TURNING OFF FRIENDLY FIRE?

What, is it "unrealistic" and "immersion breaking" to not be able to kill your team mates? It's a fucking video game that doesn't even play the Realism card.
    Because watching your arcs of fire and how you move through your squad in combat is a large component of tactical team shooters.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

They should just adopt the Counter-Strike model. No friendly fire in casual and friendly fire in ranked matches. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Because watching your arcs of fire and how you move through your squad in combat is a large component of tactical team shooters.
    Sure, but normaly people try to avoid friendly fire because it hurts their team, not because it gets them banned.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    and what about when it happens on accident ? You shoot at the enemy and your team mate casualy walks infront ? Trolls walking infront on purpose ?
    I guess it's why you have to kill two players for it to happen

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I guess it's why you have to kill two players for it to happen
    2 trolls jumping on your grenade ?

well,the issue is that if we take that into account,then legit teamkillers never get banned

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    and what about when it happens on accident ? You shoot at the enemy and your team mate casualy walks infront ? Trolls walking infront on purpose ?
    I'd be willing to bet you're right. After this change, a lot of the former team-killing trolls will now focus on running in front of allies' field of fire. Why simply troll your teammates by killing them (and facing a ban for it) when you can get them banned unjustly?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good. In fact why is teamkilling even a thing in modern shooters?

Should just be disabled or limited to custom made games.
    Because it can be hilarious in Pubg when you play with friends. I hit my friend in the head with a pan hahahahahah

But in Rainbow Six? Why even have teamkilling if it instantly bans you?
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Because it can be hilarious in Pubg when you play with friends. I hit my friend in the head with a pan hahahahahah

But in Rainbow Six? Why even have teamkilling if it instantly bans you?
    And with friends you can do that in a custom game.

Teamkilling in an environment like this when it's premade is just petulant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the people here clearly have never played the game. Disabling friendly fire would change the game drastically, allowing dumb cheese strategies. The game is balanced around friendly fire.

The game is also infested with toxicity, too. So many underage kids team killing and doing stupid shit because "xddDD get trolled". It honestly reminds me of old XBL.

Do you even play the game? With the TTK and the way maps are setup, generally the only time you'd ever even use a grenade would be in a situation where it would be very hard for your teammate to reach it without being shot by the enemy team. Unless we're talking holes but generally that'd be handled by someone with impacts or a shotgun.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2018-09-20 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How am I supposed to watch Rooster Teeth Siege videos if at least one person gets banned each each video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And with friends you can do that in a custom game.

Teamkilling in an environment like this when it's premade is just petulant.
    Then don't have team killing in the game.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I shouldn't expect any new WGL R6 videos any time soon then.

So basically I can jump in front of someone I don't like and get them banned?

I like this

I don't understand why they wouldn't just turn the ability off. Seems like a lot of effort for something they don't want to happen at all, and should it happen accidentally, or forced by someone intentionally killing themselves via friendly fire, that's a REALLY harsh punishment for something so stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why even have the functionality of killing your own team members exist in the first place?

I'm not familiar with Rainbow Six Siege at all. I'm aware in the CoD franchise that you have regular "Team Deathmatch" and such but then you have "Hardcore" which enables friendly fire.

Does Rainbow Six Siege have friendly fire enabled at all times, regardless of difficulty/game type? And if so, why have it enabled in the FIRST PLACE and then enact policies like this?

Anybody could mistakenly team kill and be construed by others as intentional. Then consider those in game who will accuse others of EVERYTHING bad faith related.