Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I bet it was more. "What kind of monster blights a battlefield filled with their own troops and blights their own city..."
    A few minutes later:

"Golly gee, Genn, Jaina just cleared the way through Capitol City's nigh impregnable battlements. We've got her now!"
    "Maybe we should bring a few gas masks, my king."
    "Nah, I'm sure it'll be fine."
    "bollocks..."
    Last edited by J012D4N; 2018-09-19 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    See, I actually like Rastakhan. Furthermore, A) I don't really like Talanji that much to begin with, and B) it seems REALLY bizarre that suddenly every faction leader has to be a woman all of a sudden. It's really starting to feel forced.
    Do me a favour and reply with a list of all faction members, I think you’ll find your above statement isn’t true.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Rastakhan died the moment he made a deal with Bwonsamdi. Some mortals are allowed to make deals with shadowy forces, PROVIDED THAT THEY HAVE THE WILLPOWER AND STAMINA TO HOLD THEIR newfound POWER AT BAY. Just think of Lady Alleria Windrunner, who made a dangerous deal with the void, and yet is able to restrain herself wonderfully, and hasn't hurt anyone, and never will. But Rastakhan? A senile fool who lacks prodigious Alleria's cunning and wisdom. That makes him a ticking bomb waiting only to explode. Nothing personal.
    You're unbelievably naive and cringy.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Alliance fight Rastakhan

Horde Fight Jaina

From the front page:
    How about finishing reading the front page?
    "After completing the faction specific experience, you'll be able to experience the other 3 faction bosses that you didn't get to experience firsthand."
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64

Rastakhan has had his day.

His rein is almost up and he allowed it to happen.

I wont mind seeing him gone and being replaced by Talanji at least she had the common sense to see what her father could not and had he listened to his daughter and not his treasonous 'advisers' he wouldnt have had to sell his soul to Bwomsemdi! to forestall the inevitable!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Do me a favour and reply with a list of all faction members, I think you’ll find your above statement isn’t true.
    Lightforged Draenei - Captain Fareeya

Void Elves - Alleria Windrunner

Dark Iron Dwarves - Moira Thaurisan (isn't even a Dark Iron)

Kul Tirans - Jaina/Katherine Proudmoore

Nightborne - Thalyssra

Highmountain Tauren - Mayla Highmountain

Mag'har - Geya'rah (*literally* female Thrall)

Zandalari - Princess (Queen?) Talanji

All of the new leaders are female. ALL of them. That just doesn't strike me as "chance".

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    actually the last boss of the raid for alliance is the encounter with jaina... cuz fuck logic.
    no. horde fights Jaina
    Alliance fights Rastakhan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julaes View Post
    "After completing the faction specific experience, you'll be able to experience the other 3 faction bosses that you didn't get to experience firsthand."
    gameplay only. has nothing to do with canon.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

He has been mentioned and talked about for a long time. I didn't expect him to be such an incompetent leader. I expected him to be way more cruel and harsh.

While he's not been the most competent leader, he certainly made the story interesting, so on that front I will miss him. Between the raid on Zandalar and the loss of the source of his immortality though, his goose is cooked.

5+ Year Old Account

Nightborne - Thalyssra

All of the new leaders are female. ALL of them. That just doesn't strike me as "chance".
    I mean some of those did have a male leader that was murdered. Their wives/daughters were literally all that was left when the writing team decided to dust off those plot points. As for the nightborne, the nightelves have been predominately ruled by females. It's a matriarchal society and the nightborne just follow an established pattern.

The only one I can honestly say is fitting your statement is Captain Fareeya and Alleria, but Turalyon seems to boss the Lightforged around when he wants and I would loosely call Alleria a faction leader. She doesn't do much leading, she saved them then calls for their help when she needs it. The females also have a male counterparts, so I can't say Blizzard is shoehorning any agendas and they tend to be careful about avoiding that w/ WoW. They may be introducing or reintroducing new female characters, but they have a higher narrative quality than the ones of the past. If anything, Blizzard is finally making girls nearly as well written as their guys. You can't have half your main cast suck, ya know

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    It's a shame, Rastakhan comes off as a believable leader with faults. If he doesn't die I'll assume he's so injured that he gives the reins to Talanji, but either way his days of ruling the Zandalari are numbered. It's kind of funny I don't believe that the Alliance could honestly thinking killing the Zandalari's king will do anything other than push them fully into the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Players: We don't want Mary Sue characters, we want them realistic.

Blizzard: Here is real flawed character >> points Rastakhan

Players: Omg kill him already he is so stupid and useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    You know I'm not gonna argue that Rastkhan isn't somewhat incompetent, because he is clearly written to be that way with him ignoring the Blood Troll threat, but that's exactly the point. He was intentionally written to be that way, so he could be sacrificed and Talanji could take his place. You have this cool character in lore, and we finally get to see him ingame, and then he is just there to serve their feminist agenda. This is backwards writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    Since his major role introduction in MoP he was quickly portrayed as a sympathiser and a weakling, only in legion has he grown a "backbone" after the loss of his father but even then he still seems to be the puppet of his advisors making poor choices and mistakes.

Hese not a likable character when it comes to story and alot of his plots involve whining, i ended up disliking him from just the way the stroy was told playing on my alliance alt. ignored him the first time through on my main.

OT; I do agree with OP Rastakan has made very unkingly decisions, ignoring what his daughter had told him, bring on Queen Talanji.

It is odd how even when the alliance "win" we benifit from it as well.
    Puppet to his advisors? When he tried to create peace by organizing a meet between human and their undead family members, every single advisor opposed it. He proverbially bitch slapped them so hard that Genn constantly leave his meetings angry and almost turns into worgen form because Aunduin did not agree with the idea that the foresaken are pure evil.

What poor choices and mistakes has he made? When did he appear to be a puppet of his advisers?

Deleted

Nightborne - Thalyssra

Moira, Alleria and Jaina get a pass, cause they were all obvious choices. The rest is clearly there to increase the number of female leaders.

Nightborne - Thalyssra

Honestly, this kond of looks like coincidence of plot.

Alleria is very old character. She absorbed Void Naaru, so she leads the void elves. She has male counterpart Turalyon, who leads the lightforged.

Moira is also old character from Vanilla. Her husband was leader of Dark Irons, but was killed by players. The throne naturally passed to her.

Jaina is also old character from WC3. She was always said to come from Kul Tiras. She, obviously, had father and mother. Her father was murdered in WC3. Who's left?

High Elves and Night Elves were always matriarchal. Azshara, Tyrande, Elisande, Thalyssra...

Mayla was the first of this line of female leaders, and actually felt fresh after purely male WoD.

Talanji balances important male characters that rule(d) Zandalar - Rastakhan, Zul, and that sand general guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    im always puzzled by how the belfs got over the troll wars and are buddy buddy with them now. kinda like spitting on the graves of the fallen, men, women or children. but then again, except for a notable few, the sindorei are known for lacking a spine. greatest mages of azeroth turned lapdogs to the corpse queen. how the mighty and noble have fallen indeed
    Darkspear trolls are jungle trolls, which have almost no political ties to the Amani. It would be a little fair the blood elves to be a little mad at the Zandalari though.

Didn't someone point out that most of the NPC's in BfA that have some kind of leadership role, are female? (Mayors, Captains, Etc.)
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

Honestly...... sounds about like what I would expect Blizzard to do. Alliance efforts result as nothing but a tool for Horde's advancement. I'll be impressed if they prove me wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julaes View Post
    That doesn't mean you'll fight them as their own faction.

Caverns of Time has some dungeons where you're changed to the opposite faction. The other 3 faction bosses could be done as receiving a report of how the battle went and you're playing through it as the opposite faction.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    See, I actually like Rastakhan. Furthermore, A) I don't really like Talanji that much to begin with, and B) it seems REALLY bizarre that suddenly every faction leader has to be a woman all of a sudden. It's really starting to feel forced.
    You're forgetting pretty boy BElf leader and pretty boy Manduin.
    Don't forget granddad Velen,Genn,Magni/Muradin and Mekkatorque.