Thread: The Dreadwake

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    But its not free. It requires purchasing 6 months of subscription. If you are playing all year long without breaks, then its free. But many people do take breaks. So if for example player usually takes break around xmas holidays, now he pays for subscription, so mount is not free.

Another issue is mount being time limited. Must purchase subscription within current expansion to receive it. Don't like BfA, hoping next expansion will be decent? Tough luck. Buy 6 months of BfA game time or no mount. I think this is biggest issue. Time limited carrots are disgusting marketing tricks. It shouldn't be time limited.

Its like Blizzard didn't learn anything from Cataclysm 12 month backlash.
    $15 usd per month, x 6 = $90usd if bought each month.

its currently $77usd for the 6 months...

aka 12.833USD per month.

so even if they have 1 month off, its still less than what they woulod have paid anyway.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    I see nothing wrong with rewarding loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    no u dont get it. For the people who have already left then you have to pay for 6 months to get the mount if u really want it lol.
    Why would you want it if you left?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alenore View Post
    I see nothing wrong with rewarding loyalty.

Why would you want it if you left?
    cuz people like mounts, and people return, and its a unique mount?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    But its not free. It requires purchasing 6 months of subscription. If you are playing all year long without breaks, then its free. But many people do take breaks. So if for example player usually takes break around xmas holidays, now he pays for subscription, so mount is not free.

Another issue is mount being time limited. Must purchase subscription within current expansion to receive it. Don't like BfA, hoping next expansion will be decent? Tough luck. Buy 6 months of BfA game time or no mount. I think this is biggest issue. Time limited carrots are disgusting marketing tricks. It shouldn't be time limited.

It's almost like people who post here don't read past the front page...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    $15 usd per month, x 6 = $90usd if bought each month.

its currently $77usd for the 6 months...

aka 12.833USD per month.

so even if they have 1 month off, its still less than what they woulod have paid anyway.
    Oh you are right. Checked out EU prices and it offers similar discount.

Is N O T free . Free will be if you log in today and see this mount in your collection, even if you have 1 hour left to your game time.

Thank you class hall for this mount and 6 additional months of gametime

And the parrot! Squaaaaawk!! Smell like parrot guano!

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    no u dont get it. For the people who have already left then you have to pay for 6 months to get the mount if u really want it lol.
    people who left can just buy it next year when it will be in game shop .

or if they really dont like game so much why do they care about 1 out of 500 mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    Is N O T free . Free will be if you log in today and see this mount in your collection, even if you have 1 hour left to your game time.
    but it was free for me since i had bought 6 time recently and when i opened launcher it was in as gift

On one hand a 6 month sub costs only as much as 5 months if you buy them individually so for that money you get extra sub and a mount - a deal, right?

But on the other hand it's all about what this move shows regarding their desire to keep people subscribed. We have never had subscription deals, ever. No discounts, no promotions, nothing. The fact that they do it now just tells you that they really need people to keep pumping money into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    If you already pay your sub in 6 month chunks, this is exactly what happened. I opened my launcher, was told I received a gift. It was the ship. It actually took one of my guildmates complaining about it to find out about the promotion. I thought it was BlizzCon related or something. My sub renewed on May 8th.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But its not free. It requires purchasing 6 months of subscription.
    But it is free, as you pay for the Subscription not the Mount. The Mount is the Bonus. This is easily deduced by the fact that the 6 month Subscription price is unchanged from before the Mount appeared with it.

Do you see yourself playing the game for the next six months? Good for you, you will be given a mount, purely cosmetic ingame item for no additional cost. Did you cancel the sub or do not plan to play anymore/for some time? Well, why should you be "rewarded" then? And if you WANT it that bad, that it makes you spit on Blizz about it, it will be available stand alone later on. As are many other shop mounts. What the fuck is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    On one hand a 6 month sub costs only as much as 5 months if you buy them individually so for that money you get extra sub and a mount - a deal, right?

But on the other hand it's all about what this move shows regarding their desire to keep people subscribed. We have never had subscription deals, ever. No discounts, no promotions, nothing. The fact that they do it now just tells you that they really need people to keep pumping money into the game.
    Or, like the blue post said, and the datamined information would suggest, it was planned well before BFA even launched, so they'd have no way to know something like this would be called for. It's just a marketing idea. It's more or less a free mount if you plan on playing for 6 more months. You could even argue that Blizzard is paying you for the mount, since most people, I'd imagine, pay by the month, and you get nearly a free month by buying in chunks of 6.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes you can, if you go to the store and click "6 month re-accuring" and buy it, the mount is gifted to you in the battlenet launcher
    stop spreading fake news.
    Yes. Six months. The guy was asking about his five months he has left, and the one he has already started.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, its literally a very different mount, what your going to say is the pureblood phoenix is a reskin of the protdrake.
    Listen pal, I NEVER said it wasn't DIFFERENT. I said it was very SIMILAR. The shape is similar, the animations of the canons are identical, etc. Something can be different, yet similar to something. And if you can't see how similar it is, well good for you I suppose. And I'm not saying all of this to spit on this mount, as I have said yesterday I think it's pretty cool even if it's not really my cup of tea and I wish it had been something else.

We both agree on the fact it's not a reskin, so please do not put words in my mouth that aren't mine, thank you very much.

It should be like that beer club thing they have going on all year 'round - if you sub for 12 months, you get a new mount on the mail every month. Take an old model, repaint it in neon colors, give it a sparkle/rainbow trail and voila, a new mount.

it's better if it doesnt have unique gameplay perks ... It would create a precedent, this time walking next time 1-5% flying speed, next one something else. Its better for everyone if they stick with their "no perks" on store mounts philosophy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Normally I complain lots to Blizz, like broken shore should have been an architectual extension of Suramar instead of the bore it was, argus was meh...

But people whining about getting a FREE mount is just dumb af, just cuz ur salty about how ap gear works n rep grind tied only to wqs etc is no reason to launch torpedoes at everything blizz does, especially not since this is an apology move from blizz. U don't want apology? Free mount? They have admitted bfa issues n are working on solutions, it's a seperate issue

So many whine for free mount they don't have to pay for, but go ahead n don't buy it n then like a dumbass whine that it'll eventually end up at the store for irl monies.
    If ur not sub'd ur opinion don't matter, if ur sub'd u get free shit!

What do the salties always say about store mounts? That it shouldn't cost more than sub, well this doesn't, yet u bitch! God u can't please these clowns no matter what!...

Store items are things that only exist due to store, stuff they do for $ they wouldn't have bothered without store, stuff u didn't get pre-store since items didn't get from every damn quest chain like people want, that has never been a normal occurence
    Super awsum mounts didn't drop left n right before store

In fact latest xpacs we have gotten way moar mounts n pets in-game than ever before, vanilla n first following xpacs were a joke in comparison...
    Blizz still need to make money to grow, stop being salty kids ffs

Grow up
    I'd be less concerned about what other people think of a mount and the way it is obtained, and more concerned about trying to communicate to people in a known language. Even placing some basic English skills into your post would make it readable.

Deleted

U are unsubbing n want free mount as reward? Are u for real?? If ur not even paying for game n aren't logged in u should get mount? Jesus christ on a pink raptor..

Seems u missed reading my post partially or altogether? Mount is showing up laters in store..

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Or, like the blue post said, and the datamined information would suggest, it was planned well before BFA even launched, so they'd have no way to know something like this would be called for. It's just a marketing idea. It's more or less a free mount if you plan on playing for 6 more months. You could even argue that Blizzard is paying you for the mount, since most people, I'd imagine, pay by the month, and you get nearly a free month by buying in chunks of 6.
    The quality of BFA would have been known by Blizzard itself way ahead in advance. Also, both WoD and Legion experienced HUGE spikes of incoming players at launch and about 2 months after launch, then a really sharp drop that actually dipped to below expansion launch count. This promotion is just a way to counter that and keep investors happy and assure them of the stability of the game.

Deleted
    So, if I bought 6 months of game time yesterday, I won't get it today?