Thread: The Dreadwake

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ah so we knew that they're releasing this one month after launch? Sure sure.
    You don't think this could just be confirmation bias?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I got the mount without having to do anything! They just gifted it to me out of nowhere.

Of course, I had already changed 90% of my gold into Battle.net Balance by that point. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I got the mount without having to do anything! They just gifted it to me out of nowhere.

Of course, I had already changed 90% of my gold into Battle.net Balance by that point. Damn.
    Same /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    You don't think this could just be confirmation bias?
    You don't think this could be a countermeasure for a huge drop in subs after BfA's first month? I mean the timing is too precise to be "coincidence".

One month into BfA and they're already throwing goods at the playerbase to buy subs / stay subbed? Sounds like a desperate attempt to enhance numbers for quarterly reports.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

You don't think this could be a countermeasure for a huge drop in subs after BfA's first month? I mean the timing is too precise to be "coincidence".
    I respect your opinion, and of course anything is possible, but what timing? What event do you think is happening for this mount release to coincide with? You assume the event is a huge sub drop(I assume from your post), but what evidence is there of that event? What significance is the timing of this, for it to be a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    This was datamined months before BFA was released.
    Shows how much trust they had in their own product...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I respect your opinion, and of course anything is possible, but what timing? What event do you think is happening for this mount release to coincide with? You assume the event is a huge sub drop(I assume from your post), but what evidence is there of that event? What significance is the timing of this, for it to be a coincidence?
    BfA was released ~ 5 weeks ago which means most players who resubbed for BfA are already resubbing again or quitting the game now because their 30 days are over. "Evidence"? There is no evidence besides their decision to give us this promo NOW and not in 3 or 6 months where it usually should have been.

I don't remember a time where Blizzard gave subbers something for free just one month after expansion release.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Ahem, this very forum, the feedback forum - just to name a few without mentioning youtubers - is full of criticism since the start of beta.
    Once again: expansions have had store mounts since ICC. It's not surprising that we have a new one, or that we have a bundle. It's that we just had a "meltdown", emergency q&a, emergency whatsnext stream.

Crackers for sure fits the generic pirate theme, the ship however... More like some specific tiragarde/stormsong stuff.
    You seem the think the average wow player uses the forums.
    People who are angry are usually the ones to use forums, and people who have free time.
    Its the same reason why most reviews are bad, people are much more likely to write a review for a place if they see it as bad, then if they are to write a review for the place if it si good. it is how human emotions work, people who are hapy are just that, happy they dont need validation, they dont need to spread it.
    but when you are angry you need validation, you need others to know, and agree with you, so what do you do!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They don't understand the point you're trying to make.

It is a smart marketing and business approach from Blizzard. Payment up front, quarterly reports brimming with subscriber count(even though people might not be even playing, but they bought the package up front for the mount) and other benefits. It is of course free for people who stay subbed for the entire year either way and buy 6-month sub deals in the first place.
    People who have quit the game, or were not going to play, are not going to sub JUST FOR THE MOUNT, as it says it will become a store mount next year, so it is not going to inflate sub numbers, but it is going to get people to upfront pay for their next 6 months. which does boost sales slightly, but will not boost the "active players" that the investors see, only the profits.
    and yes it is free, you need to purchase something to get it, but that does not make it cost something.
    If you go to the store and buy a cheeseburger, then they give you another free, do you yell at them that the cheeseburger is not free?
    no you boguht what you wanted, and this little free added bonus was an incentive, and for lots of us, we didnt even know about it, we just got it, because we have a 6 month sub running.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yes. Six months. The guy was asking about his five months he has left, and the one he has already started.

Listen pal, I NEVER said it wasn't DIFFERENT. I said it was very SIMILAR. The shape is similar, the animations of the canons are identical, etc. Something can be different, yet similar to something. And if you can't see how similar it is, well good for you I suppose. And I'm not saying all of this to spit on this mount, as I have said yesterday I think it's pretty cool even if it's not really my cup of tea and I wish it had been something else.

We both agree on the fact it's not a reskin, so please do not put words in my mouth that aren't mine, thank you very much.
    These are just as similiar, they both use the same animations, same skeleton and same general shape, well, the dreadwake does use the hull, but well lots of mounts in the past have done that, LOTS.

Ah so we knew that they're releasing this one month after launch? Sure sure.
    Of course noone knew.

But... a pirate parrot pet... and a pirate ship... released on Pirate Day. This had nothing to do with how good or bad people think BfA is, this was planned a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    jelly because we have fun in game ?

its the same as people shitting on apple just because they cant afford iphone.

dont like it ? dont buy it . simple as that.
    Yeah I'm super jealous of apple and a mount everyone has, you got me.
    Spoken like someone with credit debt.
    Let me guess, you also pre-order games?
    lmao
    Last edited by Chowder; 2018-09-20 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Shows how much trust they had in their own product...
    "They had a sub time and mount promotion planned months in advance? Pffssh, they must've thought the game would bomb! There's no way they'd do this otherwise!" That's you. That's how you sound right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    "They had a sub time and mount promotion planned months in advance? Pffssh, they must've thought the game would bomb! There's no way they'd do this otherwise!" That's you. That's how you sound right now.
    Yeah, that is exactly what I wanted to say, what exactly is the problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    You left a little Blizz on your chin there fanboi.
    Lol, nice one edgelord

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, that is exactly what I wanted to say, what exactly is the problem with that?
    It's biased. It assumes the only reason they'd do it is because they thought it would fail, rather than the idea that they thought it would succeed and they're trying to continue building or pushing hype with the bundle, or that they were unsure and simply wanted to sweeten the pot, or that someone had some extra free time, made a cool mount, and they were spit-balling a new way of getting it out to players rather than just the shop.

Or, y'know, literally anything other than, "Hah! I knew it! Even Blizzard thought BfA was gonna suck!"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You seem the think the average wow player uses the forums.
    People who are angry are usually the ones to use forums, and people who have free time.
    Its the same reason why most reviews are bad, people are much more likely to write a review for a place if they see it as bad, then if they are to write a review for the place if it si good. it is how human emotions work, people who are hapy are just that, happy they dont need validation, they dont need to spread it.
    but when you are angry you need validation, you need others to know, and agree with you, so what do you do!
    Using the forums is useful for Blizz. it's not useful for the players - since it's a one way communication, most of the times. I was talking about how blizz could've potentially known in advance that the flaghsip features will flop. Not sure why you mix players here. Anyways. A not forum user player will most likely just not resub for another month. You will never know why they left: a new better game has just come out, they got ganked million times, they thought the leveling was slow, their moms grounded them for being lazy asses in school, they just had a baby born, they can have all sorts of reasons.
    Questions is: do the devs cater to these people? Who just dip their toes into the waters of wow and then leave silently? Or to the ones that have been deeply invested in the game for years?
    I'd say people who are invested in the game end up on some forum or in somekind of community. Communities/guilds talk too! Friends talk. Chances are one of these people's friend lurks the forums or watches youtubers, or knows someone who does this. Trade chat blows up etc. Word spreads.
    Last edited by Lei; 2018-09-20 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Using the forums is useful for Blizz. it's not useful for the players - since it's a one way communication, most of the times. I was talking about how blizz could've potentially known in advance that the flaghsip features will flop. Not sure why you mix players here. Anyways. A not forum user player will most likely just not resub for another month. You will never know why they left: a new better game has just come out, they got ganked million times, they thought the leveling was slow, their moms grounded them for being lazy asses in school, they just had a baby born, they can have all sorts of reasons.
    Questions is: do the devs cater to these people? Who just dip their toes into the waters of wow and then leave silently? Or to the ones that have been deeply invested in the game for years?
    I'd say people who are invested in the game end up on some forum or in somekind of community. Communities/guilds talk too! Friends talk. Chances are one of these people's friend lurks the forums or watches youtubers, or knows someone who does this. Trade chat blows up etc. Word spreads.
    They cant just drop the features, or as others have said "we wouldnt get the features"
    there is lots of people who enjoy warfronts, so they wee not about to scrap them, or postpone them for months to fix them for those who don't like them.
    and no most people who play for years dont engage with the forums, i have had chardecters in countless guilds with epople who have played for years, and most say "ew you talk on the forums? that pl;ace is a cesspool"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They cant just drop the features, or as others have said "we wouldnt get the features"
    there is lots of people who enjoy warfronts, so they wee not about to scrap them, or postpone them for months to fix them for those who don't like them.
    and no most people who play for years dont engage with the forums, i have had chardecters in countless guilds with epople who have played for years, and most say "ew you talk on the forums? that pl;ace is a cesspool"
    You ignored about 70% of what I said.
    They can read someone's twitter.
    They can hear news from other people. Trade chat. Communities for their playstyle: collectors, secret finders, achieve hunters, pet battlers have communities (discord too)
    They can have their own opinion that matches the criticism.
    You present these people like they would be blind and deaf and closed off from everyone else. Even if this is the case: are the devs catering to these people? That would be sad.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Simply disgusting.

Blizzard are worse than EA now in my eyes. They sold their soul to the devil.

This kind of greed and abuse of gamers makes me feel depressed this is where gaming is now.
    You have no idea what greed means then, do some actual research then get back to us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Had to have a 6m or 1y prepaid sub.
    No.

You have to buy 180 days of game time or have purchased it with in the last 30 days. You also will get the mount if you have a recurring 6-month subscription. You will not get it simply for having 6 months or 1 year pre-paid. Its why you do not get the mount even if you have 3 years of subscription from tokens.

If you have the recurring subscription the mount will either be on the gift section of the b.net app or the gift section of the account management screen.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No.

You have to buy 180 days of game time or have purchased it with in the last 30 days. You also will get the mount if you have a recurring 6-month subscription. You will not get it simply for having 6 months or 1 year pre-paid. Its why you do not get the mount even if you have 3 years of subscription from tokens.

If you have the recurring subscription the mount will either be on the gift section of the b.net app or the gift section of the account management screen.
    You're incorrect. Several of my guildmates who are on 6mos and 1 year PRE-PAID subs, logged in to it already in their GiftBox. They have been prepaid almost 5 mos and got their mount free.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi