Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raid gear appearances in bfa

So is every set for armor types in raids going to be the same? So all cloth wearers all look the same all the leather looks the same ect.

Quote Originally Posted by 3l3ments View Post
    So is every set for armor types in raids going to be the same? So all cloth wearers all look the same all the leather looks the same ect.
    Yes there is no more tier sets, and individual pvp sets. It's raid sets and PVP sets

this is what xmog is for

10+ Year Old Account
    something something class fantasy
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Awesome more great news about an amazing expansion.

Some time ago they used class fantasy/identity as their reason for class-locked tmogs and incomplete lookalike sets, many lookalike sets are missing 1/2 pieces :P And obv no one is going to remove class restrictions on tmogs >_>
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-09-24 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Not all, but many...

I actually like normal, HC and M Cloth sets from Uldir but the problem is that they only work for Human Males - good proportions and everything else.

Perfect Disc look.

Last edited by Voidwielder; 2018-09-24 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Some time ago they used class fantasy/identity as their reason for class-locked tmogs and incomplete lookalike sets, all lookalike sets are missing 1/2 pieces :P And obv no one is going to remove class restrictions on tmogs >_>
    This is not true.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Some armour sets are hit and miss, but that always happened. The next tier's pieces in zuldazar look nice for leather wearers imo, whilst the uldir set has nothing going for it. I might jump into mythic just for that set next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by 3l3ments View Post
    In BfA gear appearance is based on the dungeons/raids they drop from, there's no Warlocks, Paladins, Monks and whatever in the raids so how could gear look like class specific things?
    Siege of Zuldazaar looks to have heavy influence from Bwonsamdi (Loa of Death) and bones, guessing there's going to be some major story development with that raid.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Yup. It's really a shame too. Seems like they cut tier sets just so they don't have to pay their artists to make more than one generic set per armor type now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    This is not true.
    That's true though. Not all, but many lookalike sets are missing 1/2 pieces, esp older ones, but it's still common in Legion as well, for instance DK T20 lookalike set does have the chest piece, Pala T20 lookalike set doesn't have legs, etc.

Deleted
    That's true though. Not all, but many lookalike sets are missing 1/2 pieces, esp older ones, but it's still common in Legion as well, for instance DK T20 lookalike set does have the chest piece, Pala T20 lookalike set doesn't have legs, etc.
    Mythic Rogue set from Antorus don't even have boots, while all other rogue sets from Antorus does.

It's really bizarre.

There are a ton of other sets to go for in BfA though. 8.1 is bringing more heritage sets, warfront sets, raid sets and more. There is actually a lot of places to get sets, not just raids. Uldir might not have amazing sets, but its only one of many sets now that you have access to.

Looks better than the old raids sets. By a land slide.

Time constraints exist, skinning a set for 14 classes to 19 different races cuts out a lot of other content.

It's far better to just skin 4 different sets to those races, and have far cooler armor from other sources. M+, expeditions, heritage, warfronts.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They removed tiee sets to give us ugly warfront sets.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Don't ever right 1 or 2 as 1/2 ... it's just bad as most people will read that has half not 1 or 2.

Also, I like how you changed it to many rather than all like you had it before, you basically put it at now no one can prove you wrong. Even if it is say 8 sets, you can just go "well, to me, 8 sets is many!"
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    The raid sets are on MoP levels of bland, but yeah at least it seems dungeon/wq/warfront pieces have received more love instead.

The removal of set bonuses was a good thing. The removal of individual aesthetics wasn’t.

Tere’s a simple solution: Make loot aesthetic variable. For example:
    Boss A drops Gloves of the Haste Stroke

≥ When a mage loots them, they have a particular design that’s in line with the class.
    ≥ When a warlock loots them, they have a particular design that’s in line with THAT class.

Problem solved.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Mmmmyep, seems so.

I find it funny that people can seriously look at going from 13 sets per raid to 4 and not see it as corner-cutting. Even if you include the Allied Race sets, you'd still have less armor sets than a single tier of Legion.