Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

Normal Heritage Armors are easier to unlock then allied races.

Speaking from experience, one of my alts has five, nearly six exalted reps, and she's ONLY level 29.

You can just grab a tabard and spam dungeons for less than a few hours of gameplay, and you can unlock the requisite quests for your race's heritage armor. It's stupidly easy.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

I think it's on purpose. The requirements on mag'har/dark iron really shouldn't have been leveling.

Good, it shouldn't be hard. I got all those reps to exalted when you had to lend in cloth, so just the quest for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I think it's fine the way it is. We are talking about races introduced in Vanilla (Dwarves) and TBC (Blood Elves), there is no need to create some artificial barrier to get these Heritage Armors forcing players to create new characters and level up only for that transmog.

The new questlines adding more lore to the old races are welcome for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Speaking from experience, one of my alts has five, nearly six exalted reps, and she's ONLY level 29.

You can just grab a tabard and spam dungeons for less than a few hours of gameplay, and you can unlock the requisite quests for your race's heritage armor. It's stupidly easy.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
    The rep for normal races is required to unlock heritage armor. For Allied races the rep is required to unlock Allied Races in the first place. Can't compare the two things.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense. Those are the base races. Made for beginners in the game. Blizzard wanted the Allied Races to have this element of prestige on it, that's why the grinds and challenges are there.

The difference is intentional.

i think they are testing this method to implement it further on for allied races, because it is really stupid if people retain their allied races in low level (many even not using paid boosts) because of leveling for heritage.

Its like blizzard is sabotaging their own franchise and sales, by making allied race heritage obligatory by leveling. With this decision they are leaving out boost sales and they also know that it can prevent players to quickly jump to the expansion's new content just because they have to choose between one game feature "exclusive racial heritage armor" or another game feature "end game content".

So i bet that sooner or later they will allow allied races to farm their heritages through max level dailies as well. Because if they don't do it... they are simply dumb. Really... just plain dumb, enough said
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-09-19 at 05:23 PM.

No, they're the exact same.

You need a max level character of that race and even a rep grind. It's a bonus for new players to level old races as well.

I wouldn't mind a decently long quest chain to unlock them.

Unlocking allied race should unlock theirs heritage armor. That leveling to max level requirement is stupid.

Yes, it's great. Just need to apply the same to the existing heritage armors(or at least future allied races').
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

To be honest, unless you are a new player to the game, there's no reason why you shouldn't have exalted with the main classic factions so it's a non-issue really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Unlocking allied race should unlock theirs heritage armor. That leveling to max level requirement is stupid.
    I disagree. You should have to work for it as just by playing the game will have (more than likely) unlocked the races through natural progression. There's nothing really exceptional about that. The classic races on the other hand we have been exalted with for well over a decade and have generally nothing to show for it. Levelling from 1 to 120 seems about right for the Allied Races to get their heritage armour imo.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    I disagree. You should have to work for it as just by playing the game will have (more than likely) unlocked the races through natural progression. There's nothing really exceptional about that. The classic races on the other hand we have been exalted with for well over a decade and have generally nothing to show for it. Levelling from 1 to 120 seems about right for the Allied Races to get their heritage armour imo.
    I agree with this to some extent, I just don't think 50 hours of repeating content you've also likely done many times already is a good way of doing it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Good, it shouldn't be hard. I got all those reps to exalted when you had to lend in cloth, so just the quest for me!
    Amen.

If we've spent 15 years playing XYZ race the heritage armor shouldn't be locked behind more grind of anything.

Loving it the way it is and I can't wait for all the "standard" races to have theirs.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    The rep for normal races is required to unlock heritage armor. For Allied races the rep is required to unlock Allied Races in the first place. Can't compare the two things.
    Don't even pretend you know what you are talking about considering how DENSE you are acting in your own thread.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Yes, it's easier. Is it a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It makes sense. Those are the base races. Made for beginners in the game. Blizzard wanted the Allied Races to have this element of prestige on it, that's why the grinds and challenges are there.

The difference is intentional.
    Or maybe they have more decency than developers of mobile games and don't want to make everything buyable for real money?

Wrong quote, nvm. lol
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-09-19 at 06:35 PM.

I am fine with Allied Races being behind leveling but they need to do away with the no-RAF requirement.

It should be easier. I already have 110-120s of every class. I'd have burst a damn blood vessel if I had to level another character of every base race for the racial armors of my vanilla characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    There's nothing exceptional about leveling either, though. I got a Nightborne mage on another server to 110 to unlock the heritage armor in just 3 days and then never touched it again, and just race changed my main mage (did it on a dead server intentionally, too, so now I can farm rares basically unchallenged with that otherwise pointless 110 mage once I feel like it, at which point the "never touched it again" statement would change).

It might as well have been Blizzard telling me "ok, now that you've unlocked this allied race, go peel 500 potatoes for this prize". There's literally no challenge in it, it's just a chore.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

"need max level"

Sorry mate =)